The Student Room Group

Starting new job tomorrow help!

1. I am starting my new job tomorrow and my employer has asked me to bring my bank details in. How do I do this? Do I just write the account number and sort code on a bit of paper? Seems a bit unprofessional. I don't want to give them a statement either (not that I even get paper statements anymore)

2. Also they want my NI number. How do I give them this? I know the number as I have it saved in my notes on my phone.

3. Do I take my P44 in?

Anything else? Please help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
you should have an official letter with your NI number on, you have to take that in and also for your bank details just bring your card and explain you dont have paper statements, and yeah bring everything else just in case :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Justmoll28
you should have an official letter with your NI number on, you have to take that in and also for your bank details just bring your card and explain you dont have paper statements, and yeah bring everything else just in case :smile:

I lost that letter years ago and the card so I just have a note of my NI number on my phone 😖

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Should I take an old payslip in? Does that look bad though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Missdanse
I lost that letter years ago and the card so I just have a note of my NI number on my phone 😖

Posted from TSR Mobile

well consider yourself lucky you even got a card! they need the paper or card to prove its official, otherwise you can just spew any number out and they cant immediately verify it..
Should I take an old payslip in? Does that look bad though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i would just in case
You could always print out your bank details if that would help?

But they might have a form for you to fill in anyway, where you'll put down name, address, contact info, NI number and bank details etc. So I wouldn't worry about just having them as notes in your phone or written down, you might as well take your p45 but I don't think they need it straight away.
A payslip will be more than fine
Reply 9
1. I am starting my new job tomorrow and my employer has asked me to bring my bank details in. How do I do this? Do I just write the account number and sort code on a bit of paper? Seems a bit unprofessional. I don't want to give them a statement either (not that I even get paper statements anymore)

2. Also they want my NI number. How do I give them this? I know the number as I have it saved in my notes on my phone.

3. Do I take my P44 in?

Anything else? Please help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Calm down.

All you need is

- Debit/credit card with account number/sort code
- ni number

Doesn't matter if it's written on a paper, unless they will want to do a photocopy, but that only applies to NI

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending