The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Know how you feel. I'm a ****ing prick tbh.
Original post by KatieBlogger
What about a BSc in a non-vocational subject from a red-brick? People on here are totally blinkered lol.

STEM or non STEM?
Original post by like_marmite
What good university? LSE?

Despite what your teachers have told you, the university you attend really doesn't make much of a difference to your job prospects. It can help, but even going to Cambridge or Yale doesn't guarantee anything.
Original post by James.Carnell
Know how you feel. I'm a ****ing prick tbh.

Most of the time I try to be kind and interested in people but when they show no interest in me, I just let loose.
Original post by AdjectiveNoun
Despite what your teachers have told you, the university you attend really doesn't make much of a difference to your job prospects. It can help, but even going to Cambridge or Yale doesn't guarantee anything.

Pretty much true, Oxbridge included. It's all about class and contacts.
I got fired from my first job in 2009 tbh the manager was racist and preferred Eastern Europeans
(edited 8 years ago)
You're fired.

That's the kind of thing non-STEM/non-successful people say.
Original post by Butternuts96
That's the kind of thing non-STEM/non-successful people say.

That's the kind of logical fallacy I'd expect people who are completely entrenched in their own world views to use.
That's the kind of logical fallacy I'd expect people who are completely entrenched in their own world views to use.

What's wrong with my logic?
Go on The Apprentice. Might as well go for the big one.
Don't do things that will get you fired :biggrin:
What's wrong with my logic?

"Everyone who doesn't agree with me must be part of a certain group of people that I don't admire. This allows me to feel justified in ignoring their opinions and arguments ."
"Everyone who doesn't agree with me must be part of a certain group of people that I don't admire. This allows me to feel justified in ignoring their opinions and arguments ."

You take "putting words in people's mouths" to a different level.
You take "putting words in people's mouths" to a different level.

How else should I interpret this?

"That's the kind of thing non-STEM/non-successful people say"
How else should I interpret this?

"That's the kind of thing non-STEM/non-successful people say"

Take it literally; no need for unnecessary interpretation that English Lit/Lang students do to feel good about themselves
Take it literally; no need for unnecessary interpretation that English Lit/Lang students do to feel good about themselves

:s-smilie: I don't think you're a very nice person...
:s-smilie: I don't think you're a very nice person...

I think you're an English Lang/Lit student.
Lol, want to like but can't. You're killing it XD

Latest