The Student Room Group

Should I be worried about this in the future?

I do think there's a special woman just for me who I'll spend the rest of my life with, but I'm worried that the inevitable will happen with this one woman.

I get the sense that if I see her again, which is almost certain, I won't be able to control myself.

It's a very long story, but I don't think I would be able to remain faithful.

Does this mean I should remain single for the rest of my life? Do I just not deserve anyone....
Original post by Anonymous
I do think there's a special woman just for me who I'll spend the rest of my life with, but I'm worried that the inevitable will happen with this one woman.

I get the sense that if I see her again, which is almost certain, I won't be able to control myself.

It's a very long story, but I don't think I would be able to remain faithful.

Does this mean I should remain single for the rest of my life? Do I just not deserve anyone....

You sound very young, just live and let live and try not to hurt anyone along the way. If you don't like someone and want to get with someone else, then leave them (nicely). If you aren't ready for commitment, don't make stupid levels of commitment i.e. just date this woman who you THINK you might spend the rest of your life with and if it doesn't work out, you haven't lost anything. By the sound of it you just aren't ready for marriage/kids or any other types of binding/semi-binding commitment, which is okay. Often films will proliferate this idea of 'happily ever after' and 'true love'- that isn't easy to find in the real world and often isn't just a magical click moment where everything falls into place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending