The Student Room Group

Just to check before I pay...?

I'm about to buy these tickets of Craigslist.

I've checked numerous pages on Google to help spot scammers, but this guy seems genuine.

He lives in my town and in the ad it says he's willing to meet or send via a courier.

He also handed out his name, account number and sort code for Nationwide...

Is this a scam or?

He also gave me pictures of the ticket I'm buying (along with others he has/ I've cross-checked the tickets with other ones and they fit.
What I'd really like to know is why you think that anyone on TSR would have a better idea of whether or not your craigslist transaction is a scam.
Reply 2
Original post by insert-username
What I'd really like to know is why you think that anyone on TSR would have a better idea of whether or not your craigslist transaction is a scam.

I don't know... maybe people here have experience with purchasing and selling items on CL?!

Or maybe they were scammed before and can give me advice/signs a seller might be a scammer?

Plenty of valid reasons.
I would never buy tickets on CL. You aren't protected if they turn out to be fakes and hearts have been broken in the past because of this.
Reply 4
Bugger buying tickets on anything but an official website. You simply don't know what you're dealing with. The tickets could be fake, the guy mightn't deliver....
Original post by Anonymous
I'm about to buy these tickets of Craigslist.

I've checked numerous pages on Google to help spot scammers, but this guy seems genuine.

He lives in my town and in the ad it says he's willing to meet or send via a courier.

He also handed out his name, account number and sort code for Nationwide...

Is this a scam or?

He also gave me pictures of the ticket I'm buying (along with others he has/ I've cross-checked the tickets with other ones and they fit.

Then ask to meet to see if they are genuine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending