The Student Room Group

Confirming Details - Question

Hi, my application for a maintenance loan for the 22/23 year just got approved (I applied very late!).

It now shows three scheduled dates for payments: 26th September 2022, 9th January 2022, and 24th April 2023. I'm assuming all of these will just be paid in one lump sum once the details are confirmed?

Also, under 'what the status means' it says the following in the message:

"We’ve scheduled your payments. Before we can pay you, your university or college will need to confirm to us that you’ve registered with them. They’ll do this when you start your course"

However as it's near the end of my course, will they still confirm it soon or do I need to contact them manually to ask them to confirm it or? From what I've read it seems as though they confirm that you've registered with them at the start of the year. As such, will it automatically be confirmed that I've registered with them (as this application is for 22/23) and it will just naturally update in 1-2 days or do I need to call someone and my university to contact SFE and say that I've registered?

And how long does it usually take to be confirmed and following that payments to be received?

Thank you very much for any help in advance!
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by JoeT1938
Hi, my application for a maintenance loan for the 22/23 year just got approved (I applied very late!).

It now shows three scheduled dates for payments: 26th September 2022, 9th January 2022, and 24th April 2023. I'm assuming all of these will just be paid in one lump sum once the details are confirmed?

Also, under 'what the status means' it says the following in the message:

"We’ve scheduled your payments. Before we can pay you, your university or college will need to confirm to us that you’ve registered with them. They’ll do this when you start your course"

However as it's near the end of my course, will they still confirm it soon or do I need to contact them manually to ask them to confirm it or? From what I've read it seems as though they confirm that you've registered with them at the start of the year. As such, will it automatically be confirmed that I've registered with them (as this application is for 22/23) and it will just naturally update in 1-2 days or do I need to call someone and my university to contact SFE and say that I've registered?

And how long does it usually take to be confirmed and following that payments to be received?

Thank you very much for any help in advance!

Hi there,

You should receive it in a lump sum. We would suggest speaking to your university and they can tell you when they will confirm it. Once received, the payment is normally 3-5 working days to reach your account.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

You should receive it in a lump sum. We would suggest speaking to your university and they can tell you when they will confirm it. Once received, the payment is normally 3-5 working days to reach your account.

Thanks,
Claire

Thank you! As well as the confirmation registration bit under the 'status' section, it also mentions the following now:

"Checking details - We need to check your National insurance number before we can pay you. Go to Your actions to complete to enter it"

However, I've already entered my NI number and it shows as 'complete' in the 'Your actions to complete section'. Does this just mean my NI number is being checked/validated? And if so how long would that usually take? Thank you very much again for any help!
Thank you! As well as the confirmation registration bit under the 'status' section, it also mentions the following now:

"Checking details - We need to check your National insurance number before we can pay you. Go to Your actions to complete to enter it"

However, I've already entered my NI number and it shows as 'complete' in the 'Your actions to complete section'. Does this just mean my NI number is being checked/validated? And if so how long would that usually take? Thank you very much again for any help!

Hi there,

We need to send the National Insurance Number to be validated. This gets sent on the nearest Wednesday after your application is approved and then returned on the following Wednesday. Your account then updates on the Thursday. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

We need to send the National Insurance Number to be validated. This gets sent on the nearest Wednesday after your application is approved and then returned on the following Wednesday. Your account then updates on the Thursday. Thanks, Jason

Great, thank you!
Great, thank you!

You're welcome. Have a lovely day. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending