The Student Room Group

Kissing didn't come naturally to me?

Please keep anonymous.

So I have been on a few dates with a guy I met and I like him, and we seem to get along well. After the third time he messaged and said how he had really wanted to kiss me but missed the chance. I was surprised by this as I find him difficult to read. After this I was expecting it the next time I saw him. When he greeted me the next time he didn't hug me or kiss me on the cheek like he did last time and he seemed a bit quieter throughout the date as well. He didn't give any signs he wanted to touch or kiss me throughout the date either. When I was getting ready to leave the date I began to feel really anxious about what was going to happen and whether he would kiss me or not. We kind of spoke for a few minutes about general topics before I left and then he gave me a quick peck on the lips. My immediate thought was "is this going to be a proper kiss or is this just a peck on the lips?" I kind of freaked out a bit and I moved my head so that I could hug him. When I was walking away I did wonder whether I should turn back and kiss him properly but got nervous so I left.

I messaged him to thank him for the but he hasn't replied which is unusual for him. I feel like I need to explain myself but I don't understand it myself. I am now questioning whether this is all just anxiety as I do get really nervous kissing people for the first time or whether I like him less than I thought. I still am confused too about how he feels/thinks. I feel like a complete freak of nature right now for being so awkward :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Please keep anonymous.

So I have been on a few dates with a guy I met and I like him, and we seem to get along well. After the third time he messaged and said how he had really wanted to kiss me but missed the chance. I was surprised by this as I find him difficult to read. After this I was expecting it the next time I saw him. When he greeted me the next time he didn't hug me or kiss me on the cheek like he did last time and he seemed a bit quieter throughout the date as well. He didn't give any signs he wanted to touch or kiss me throughout the date either. When I was getting ready to leave the date I began to feel really anxious about what was going to happen and whether he would kiss me or not. We kind of spoke for a few minutes about general topics before I left and then he gave me a quick peck on the lips. My immediate thought was "is this going to be a proper kiss or is this just a peck on the lips?" I kind of freaked out a bit and I moved my head so that I could hug him. When I was walking away I did wonder whether I should turn back and kiss him properly but got nervous so I left.

I messaged him to thank him for the but he hasn't replied which is unusual for him. I feel like I need to explain myself but I don't understand it myself. I am now questioning whether this is all just anxiety as I do get really nervous kissing people for the first time or whether I like him less than I thought. I still am confused too about how he feels/thinks. I feel like a complete freak of nature right now for being so awkward :frown:

Perhaps you just need to be in a more relaxed setting than a date. You could be at your house for a film night(though there's the danger of him taking that as a hint) and go for it there.

But think about how you feel about him before doing anything further - whether you're still physically/emotionally attracted to him, he's impressed you on dates, what you know about him etc. It's difficult to say how he is feeling.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
Perhaps you just need to be in a more relaxed setting than a date. You could be at your house for a film night(though there's the danger of him taking that as a hint) and go for it there.

But think about how you feel about him before doing anything further - whether you're still physically/emotionally attracted to him, he's impressed you on dates, what you know about him etc. It's difficult to say how he is feeling.

We went on a date and after went back to his to watch a film so it was relaxed already.
Well I thought we both really liked eachother but since this kiss became a bit awkward I am questioning what happened. It was weird to wonder during the peck if that was it or whether he wanted it to carry into a proper kiss. Is it normal for a first kiss with someone new to be like that or does it mean someone is not interested?
Reply 3
Anyone else?
Anyone else?

i watched deadpool today(awesome film btw) and i did a really loud fart next to a random girl stranger, i'm sure everyone in a 5 meter radius heard....
Reply 5
He is likely thinking the same about you, he most likely hesitated because you seemed unsure, it's quite possible he is as inexperienced as you are, or at least very insecure about it. I'd have gone for a proper kiss whether you looked ready for it or not.
I think hes confused as to whether you like him or not.
You seemed uneasy about him kissing you and he may have picked up on that and thats why he didnt kiss you properly.
I think he feels a bit awkward currently. You appeared to like him but pretty much rejected his kiss. He may need some time to himself so he can assess the situation. He will message back when hes ready.
Reply 7
Original post by FireFreezer77
I think hes confused as to whether you like him or not.
You seemed uneasy about him kissing you and he may have picked up on that and thats why he didnt kiss you properly.
I think he feels a bit awkward currently. You appeared to like him but pretty much rejected his kiss. He may need some time to himself so he can assess the situation. He will message back when hes ready.

Yeah perhaps. Is it common for this type of stuff to happen or a sign that something isn"t right?
I don''t really know what happened.. I just had a moment of anxiety and think i thought way too much into it that it didn't feel natural. For some reason I just couldnt read the situation. Maybe he was the one to back off, I am not sure. Just remember that it was a peck and that seemed like it so I went to hug him because I didn't know if more was coming.. feel like a right freak.
Should I send one more message and apologise for getting shy with him?
Yeah perhaps. Is it common for this type of stuff to happen or a sign that something isn"t right?
I don''t really know what happened.. I just had a moment of anxiety and think i thought way too much into it that it didn't feel natural. For some reason I just couldnt read the situation. Maybe he was the one to back off, I am not sure. Just remember that it was a peck and that seemed like it so I went to hug him because I didn't know if more was coming.. feel like a right freak.
Should I send one more message and apologise for getting shy with him?

I think its a sign that something is bothering him.
Its ok to be anxious about this stuff if your new to it (i havent experienced a kiss yet so i imagine i would be rather nervous about things).
I guess i didnt feel natural so you backed out and hugged him because you were more comfortable with that. You may have surprised him a little but he should understand if he likes you. If not ditch him.
You shouldnt feel like a freak. Lots of people have experienced something like this.
I guess it wouldnt hurt to send another message to him. Maybe even call him to see if he answers?
Hope this helps.
Reply 9
Original post by FireFreezer77
I think its a sign that something is bothering him.
Its ok to be anxious about this stuff if your new to it (i havent experienced a kiss yet so i imagine i would be rather nervous about things).
I guess i didnt feel natural so you backed out and hugged him because you were more comfortable with that. You may have surprised him a little but he should understand if he likes you. If not ditch him.
You shouldnt feel like a freak. Lots of people have experienced something like this.
I guess it wouldnt hurt to send another message to him. Maybe even call him to see if he answers?
Hope this helps.

I apologised and said it would be cool to meet again this week and he said "its ok lol"
Not a good response :frown:
If your unsure how to kiss, let him take control of the kiss...just put ur lips on his and hope he knows what he's doing.
No idea why a guy goes to kiss you then barely him from him after that... oh well nothing I can do now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending