The Student Room Group

What should I do about this girl?

No introductions needed..

The girl said to me no more friendship. She blocked me from every single social media possible. (whatsapp, fb, twitter, insta, linkedin etc)

I think she has even spammed my number.

I am absolutely heartbroken and shaking.

The problem was she replaced me with that other guy I was talking about last time, and she is always running after time, she never stays with me anymore. She talks to other friends but when I message her, she becomes angry and says that I disturb her.

Anyway she said I don't deserve to be her friend.

We have a piece of work which we are doing together. It's worth 50% of the module and it's due in 2 weeks. We haven't even started yet. I am very worried. How can I work with her now?

She will be in my class tomorrow. I really don't even want to go to uni. I will just stress and be sad every day.

This was always going to happen, and no matter how much I prepared for it, it doesn't help..it just hurts so much.

I will always regret this. I am broken and crying.

Scroll to see replies

your priority should be the uni work... talk to this person tomorrow about it. if she is unwilling to cooperate over the work you must immediately ask your tutor about alternative arrangements.
Please do not let this child take away your happiness. It's one thing if you did or said something to piss her off, but if she's ignoring you for what seems like no reason whatsoever, then she isn't worth the heartache.

Regarding your assignment, I would let your lecturer or whoever it is that assigned the assignment know about what is going on. 50% of your module grade?! There is no point being stuck with a partner who refuses to cooperate, because you will most likely end up completing the assignment on your own.
Original post by BookBird
Please do not let this child take away your happiness. It's one thing if you did or said something to piss her off, but if she's ignoring you for what seems like no reason whatsoever, then she isn't worth the heartache.

Regarding your assignment, I would let your lecturer or whoever it is that assigned the assignment know about what is going on. 50% of your module grade?! There is no point being stuck with a partner who refuses to cooperate, because you will most likely end up completing the assignment on your own.

Read through his other threads and see if you change your mind about what you just said.
Original post by georgiaswift
Read through his other threads and see if you change your mind about what you just said.

Yh you always take her side don't you? U have no idea what she has been saying to me..
Hope she actually sticks to it this time. She does it to upset you and keep you hooked, then you beg for her friendship back. What did you do to provoke her this time? Whatever you did, I'm sure her reaction was justified. You're obsessed and a bit scary.

As for the work, talk to your lecturer and explain that you two don't have anything to do with each other any more, and is there any way to change partners or do it on your own.

You brought this upon yourself, we've been telling you for two years to cut her out and move on.
Original post by believeteam22
Yh you always take her side don't you? U have no idea what she has been saying to me..

I'm taking her side because you're obsessive and it scares her. We've been telling you to cut her out for ages, so the fact that you chose to be her partner and now she isn't talking to you is your own fault, and you have no one to blame except yourself. Whatever she's been saying to you, it's probably justified.
Reply 7
First of all, do not let this conundrum affect your uni work! You really need to stay strong and sort out your priorities - I know you obviously care about this girl, but seriously - for the things she do and say, it is not worth throwing away your studies because of that. So chin up!

Secondly - if you really can't work with her on the piece of work, I suggest talking to the teacher telling him/her that you two have personal and academic differences over the topic of your work and it wouldn't be mutually beneficial for you guys to work as a team. This is true- since from the way she has treated you, I fail to see how you and her can work together as a team, and that is detrimental to your term's grades! If need be, it may be better to work on the piece ALONE than to have all the drama and sadness :smile: Psychological factors and emotions is one of, if not THE biggest, hurdle to work I would say. No matter how much you are capable of, it could all be blocked off by emotions.

Thirdly, just a little piece of frank advice :smile: Well, I am a girl, so I have friends who has treated guys like this. Boy or girl, I don't think anyone is entitled to judge who is good enough to be around them. The girl is lucky to have you still care for her. However, from the state things are, I would advise you to let go. Don't make yourself blind to other people/things that you care about. Relationships of any kind are based of reciprocity in some way, and it is unfair on you to continue giving and giving. If she wants you out of her life, and you continuously trying to care for her invites such rude and drastic responses, you might as well just let go :smile: This reduces anger on her part, and frustration on your part :smile: Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be :smile: Take care and chin up !! :biggrin:
Reply 8
You'll get over it
Original post by georgiaswift
Hope she actually sticks to it this time. She does it to upset you and keep you hooked, then you beg for her friendship back. What did you do to provoke her this time? Whatever you did, I'm sure her reaction was justified. You're obsessed and a bit scary.

As for the work, talk to your lecturer and explain that you two don't have anything to do with each other any more, and is there any way to change partners or do it on your own.

You brought this upon yourself, we've been telling you for two years to cut her out and move on.

I honestly didn't do anything bad. All I said to her was that I feel like she has replaced me. She doesn't stay with me anymore, she is more concerned about other friends. I said that when I message you, why do u say I disturb u, and u don't say this to other friends.

It all started on sunday. I messaged her, she was at a party, and out of the blue she says "U r disturbing me. On the weekend I don't want to talk to you etc."

And that made me angry because she messaged me herself the day before (saturday) and in fact she always messages me on the weekends. I will be very honest when I say it is about 50-50 on who actually messages first. Sometimes she is doing more.

I honestly don't know why she suddenly blew a fuse. I thought maybe she was in a bad mood. So I tried to talk nicely and ask her whats wrong?
She wouldn't listen.. I said don't make me sad. She said I'm not ur mum..go to your doctor. Then she says don't talk like a weak person. Then she said I will block you soon.

Then she said shut your mouth. She said I act like I need her. Then she blocked me.

Then after like 30 min she unblocked but didn't say anything.

Then the next day in uni, I said to her let's talk in person. I told her the way you treat me really upsets me, it really affects me etc. And that when you argued with me I lost my appetite and didn't eat.
She said you act like you really love me. I said no I just really really like you.
I couldn't talk properly because her friend was waiting for her and she was getting desperate to see him. Then she went.

Later on whatsapp, I said to her I used to be ur best friend, I was special for you, but not anymore.. U replaced me with another person.

She said "so what? Yh u r not special"

Then I said ur other friend is special for u. Not me. We used to be best friends and u replaced me"

Then she said:

"Don't talk about him. it's my life..if i want him as a best friend..u can't say anything. We won't talk anymore. I'm fed up of your attitude and u don't deserve anymore chances. We will never be friends again.

Then she blocked me on whatsapp again

Then I checked other social media and she blocked me from there too.

I sent her a text asking her why she is doing this to me? I almost begged her.

NO reply. I am shaking and in shock
Is it normal that I am 23yrs old, a guy, and I am crying over a girl? :/

The best thing to do is ignore her because she is being a total drama queen and she is enjoying the lapped up attention she is getting from you, I really hate her rn from what your saying but tbh the best thing to do is go to your lecture say it won't work over problems and you find someone to replace her in life? Find someone who makes you feel like your worth everything and show u ur amazing! If you want PM me and I'll give you advice and talk to you because I can tell from this thread no one is actually giving you the advice you want and what they say to you is just going to upset you...... x
It's gotten so bad OP that you might need a shock to your brain.
She spammed my number as well which is funny. Anyway I emailed her and I said are we still working together? She said: "I don't mind working with you. Friendship and being professional are two different things. U should learn this first. But you can change your group, I don't mind."

I replied: "I'm sorry, I can't work with you after everything. So it would be best for both of us if I changed groups. I will email the tutor. Good luck with everything. All the best."

She then replied: "Ok I am going to work with person x and person y then."

Anyway I emailed my tutor and told him that I am having personal issues with her and that I cannot work with her and I want to change my partner.

He said to talk to him in the class tomorrow.

I hope he agrees.

She actually spammed my number (for the 1st time ever). This really is the end. I am heartbroken. But the thing is, she seems to be doing just fine. That, or she is really good at hiding it.

Anyway, I will change my class too so I don't have to see her face.

I am very sad right now. How long will it take for me to forget about her and move forward with my life?

I have also blocked her btw. Deleted everything picture of her or screenshot or notes or anything like that.

It's a real shame. It was my birthday last week, she took me out to eat. Things were so good and well. And just look now, how it ended so badly. Gutted. :frown:
Anyone?
Reply 15
Anyone?

you need to stop obsessing over this girl, ALL you 100 million threads are about her.
Reply 16
She doesn't sound like a very nice person. Someone close to you being distant is one thing but this girl doesn't sound very close with you to begin with it. Just get over it
No introductions needed..

The girl said to me no more friendship. She blocked me from every single social media possible. (whatsapp, fb, twitter, insta, linkedin etc)

I think she has even spammed my number.

I am absolutely heartbroken and shaking.

The problem was she replaced me with that other guy I was talking about last time, and she is always running after time, she never stays with me anymore. She talks to other friends but when I message her, she becomes angry and says that I disturb her.

Anyway she said I don't deserve to be her friend.

We have a piece of work which we are doing together. It's worth 50% of the module and it's due in 2 weeks. We haven't even started yet. I am very worried. How can I work with her now?

She will be in my class tomorrow. I really don't even want to go to uni. I will just stress and be sad every day.

This was always going to happen, and no matter how much I prepared for it, it doesn't help..it just hurts so much.

I will always regret this. I am broken and crying.

I won't be harsh on you, its sad that she has blocked you from everything especially as you said many times you see her as a great friend who you have deep feelings for however you have acted really needy and clingy many times with her and she probably felt suffocated hence why she blocked you.

Yes you feel she has replaced you but ask yourself why, you are very insecure and clingy and your messages with her turns into an argument.

If i had a friend like you i would distance myself away from you too because i would not like someone saying to me 'you don't talk to me' or 'you have replaced me' its a turn off and people do have other things on their mind and i don't think she wants to be the only person you depend on the most.

Have you even tried hanging out with your male friends? in your last thread you said he is very supportive and seems like a good guy to be around which you need.

You are in the same class so be more mature and just work on the project with her as you have 2 weeks left, i can understand you don't want to see her but you can try and salvage your friendship and apologise to her in person for your behaviour. You need time to reflect on your behaviour and improve yourself before liking another girl.

Also the way she talks to you i would find it very disrespectful but she is being honest and telling you what she can't stand about you so please have some self-belief and try to move on from her as she has shown you what she really thinks of you which isn't much.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
If she won't even talk to you just a little, it's time to move on, it may hurt but you are just hurting yourself further. Unfortunately we cannot win everything and sometimes we have to let go.

Not really.

I thought this stuff only happened in films. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending