The Student Room Group

Will getting big / muscly help me to get girls?

Will getting big / muscly help me to get girls? Currently i'm 6'4 203 lbs so a bit lanky at the moment, will getting big to say 225 lbs help me to get more girls?

Scroll to see replies

Your personality will get you girls.
Some like muscles, some don't. If you want to get fit and muscular then do, but do it because that's how you want to look, not because you think that's how a girl wants you to look.

Personally, I'm not into guys with big muscles. But everyone's different, and some will disagree.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Will getting big / muscly help me to get girls? Currently i'm 6'4 203 lbs so a bit lanky at the moment, will getting big to say 225 lbs help me to get more girls?

inversely proportional relationship ...
Original post by georgiaswift
Some like muscles, some don't. If you want to get fit and muscular then do, but do it because that's how you want to look, not because you think that's how a girl wants you to look.

Personally, I'm not into guys with big muscles. But everyone's different, and some will disagree.

Why do you not like guys with big muscles? I saw someone else post that on here, and they said that they thought that most big muscled guys were douches. Are you of the same opinion?
Original post by Fickschlitten
Your personality will get you girls.

With insecurities such as his I don't think he has a good personality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Yeah probably tbh

this is like a girl saying 'if I do loads of squats and tone my abs will I get more guys?' yes yes yes it will most likely help :yy:

but don't think it's a necessity or anything,

good luck!
Original post by Username002.1
With insecurities such as his I don't think he has a good personality.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was being a lenient to the OP.
Reply 8
Some girls, don't overdo it though, don't shave your chest as well
Reply 9
You will attract some Girls (I workout myself) Girls like it but other Factors like hygiene and how you dress are more important
From what I've observed: YES
Reply 11
Original post by whorace
Some girls, don't overdo it though, don't shave your chest as well

What's wrong with shaving your Chest lol?
no, face is everything
Original post by Axel Johann
Why do you not like guys with big muscles? I saw someone else post that on here, and they said that they thought that most big muscled guys were douches. Are you of the same opinion?

No, definitely not! Not all muscled guys are douches and not all douches are muscled guys. I just prefer someone that's cuddly and soft when we're in bed or snuggling on the sofa, whereas trying that with a guy with muscles is like cuddling a rock.
Yes it will...personality is bullsht
Reply 15
Original post by aadin_
What's wrong with shaving your Chest lol?

It used to be reserved only for gay men, if you're going to bodybuild pls don't be metrosexual :lol:

I agree with what you said about clothes and hygiene, clothes or lack of can do a lot.

Don't forget body language, take things slow don't rush, look up, make eye contact etc
It will help, but something that will help you even more is to develop good game. If you can get both, better yet :tongue:
Original post by georgiaswift
No, definitely not! Not all muscled guys are douches and not all douches are muscled guys. I just prefer someone that's cuddly and soft when we're in bed or snuggling on the sofa, whereas trying that with a guy with muscles is like cuddling a rock.

Unless they're like a rugby player... Which realistically is what most guys who weightlift are closer to being. And ****, he's saying he's wanting to get to 225lbs. He isn't going to be like a rock lol. Because no mother****er can be low body fat at that weight even IF he is 6'4 unless he's roided... Which obviously is not the intention of the OP since he's a newbie. That's a big man.

Ergo, @ OP, it will help you. Probably a lot. Especially when you also factor in how much more confident it will make you too which will also make you more attractive.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by whorace
It used to be reserved only for gay men, if you're going to bodybuild pls don't be metrosexual :lol:

I agree with what you said about clothes and hygiene, clothes or lack of can do a lot.

Don't forget body language, take things slow don't rush, look up, make eye contact etc

Yeah those things are important too but shaving your Chest gives you that Aesthetic look which im sure Girls prefer than a hairy Chest
Original post by TorpidPhil
Unless they're like a rugby player... Which realistically is what most guys who weightlift are closer to being. And ****, he's saying he's wanting to get to 225lbs. He isn't going to be like a rock lol. Because no mother****er can be low body fat at that weight even IF he is 6'4 unless he's roided... Which obviously is not the intention of the OP since he's a newbie. That's a big man.

Ergo, @ OP, it will help you. Probably a lot. Especially when you also factor in how much more confident it will make you too which will also make you more attractive.

Yeah that's true, I was thinking more about the guys who are all abs and biceps, if you know what I mean? I understand that OP won't look like this but I was just responding to another user who asked what I do and don't prefer. I do understand what you're saying and why you're saying it though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending