The Student Room Group

Speaking to the girl I like

Hey.
Tomorrow i have decided that im gonna go and speak to the girl i like.
The thing is we dont know each other. I dont even know her name.
On a Friday before lunch. I have a lesson in a double classroom. My class is on one half and hers is on the other. We also start and finish at different times.
Shes beautiful, has a really nice dress sense and i also like the way she acts. She appears to do things like i would.
What im asking for is a little advice on how not to mess up.
Im going to wait outside after my class finishes for her and then introduce myself and ask het if she wants to get to know each othet better.
If she says yes i was gonna chat with her for a bit, but im not sure if i should invite her to lunch with me.
She also sits on her own so i dont know who she hangs out with.
Thanks
Apologies for it being long. Its the first time ive done this.
Im also really shy and really quiet and also quite nervous about it.
Thanks again.
Reply 1
Bump^
Don't ask to get to know her better - she'll see your intentions from a mile away.

It's not really an easy thing to do, especially if you're not in the same class (even if you are in the same classroom...).

Perhaps you could try making eye contact/smiling at her first and then say hi, maybe use something school related as an opening conversation. Not great, I know, but not easy to get to know someone in such an awkward situation.
Reply 3
Original post by SeanFM
Don't ask to get to know her better - she'll see your intentions from a mile away.

It's not really an easy thing to do, especially if you're not in the same class (even if you are in the same classroom...).

Perhaps you could try making eye contact/smiling at her first and then say hi, maybe use something school related as an opening conversation. Not great, I know, but not easy to get to know someone in such an awkward situation.

He could be very sneaky and ask to get to know someone else (a guy) first so she believes he has genuine interest.
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM

I was thinking that but couldnt think of any other way of instigating a conversation.
I did ask my last crush if she wanted to get to know each other better and she said yes and we talked for a few months but she chose another guy. I knew more about her though.
It is hard but i cant not do anything
I will try to make some eye contact with her and see her reaction.
It is awkward but hopefully she'll think im being friendly and it will all go from there.
I am gonna ask her about what shes studying at college.

Thanks. Youve helped a lot.
Reply 5
Original post by whorace
He could be very sneaky and ask to get to know someone else (a guy) first so she believes he has genuine interest.

Hows that sneaky?
And how would she know.
Interesting comment btw.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Hows that sneaky?
And how would she know.
Interesting comment btw.

Because you don't really have any interest in the other guy, unless of course you did, what if you introduced yourself to another person in the other class, that gives you an excuse to move freely without looking creepy. She would know because a) she might overhear you asking, or b) if you establish a real friendship with him you could go into the class before and after lessons and talk etc, you'd have a real reason to be there, to see your friend.
Reply 7
I definitely wouldn't use the phrase "get to know each other better". It comes off a bit weird and creepy to me. I'd suggest the same as Sean, find something school related to chat about. Something like "Hey, I'm yournamehere! You're in this class right? I think I've seen you before, I'm in the class across the room (maybe mention which subject it is or what teacher you have)." Then go from there.

If you both study the same subject in this one classroom I'd ask something like "have you guys covered the xox theory yet?" or "how do you find teacher xox? I wish I had him/her, teacher xox is so boring". If the converstion flows well then maybe ask her if she's headed to the lunch room later and if she says yes, suggest sitting together.

It's good to be honest about your intentions to get to know her but being so blunt in your first conversation could come off badly. Just take it slow and actually talk to her first! Good luck.
Reply 8
Original post by Katarvi
I definitely wouldn't use the phrase "get to know each other better". It comes off a bit weird and creepy to me. I'd suggest the same as Sean, find something school related to chat about. Something like "Hey, I'm yournamehere! You're in this class right? I think I've seen you before, I'm in the class across the room (maybe mention which subject it is or what teacher you have)." Then go from there.

If you both study the same subject in this one classroom I'd ask something like "have you guys covered the xox theory yet?" or "how do you find teacher xox? I wish I had him/her, teacher xox is so boring". If the converstion flows well then maybe ask her if she's headed to the lunch room later and if she says yes, suggest sitting together.

It's good to be honest about your intentions to get to know her but being so blunt in your first conversation could come off badly. Just take it slow and actually talk to her first! Good luck.

Ok fair enough. I have considered starting with that but i think she'd think im a bit weird (but thats only my opinion). What you said does sound like a rather good way to start things.
I dont think we study the same subject. So thats out the window but i was gonna ask her about lunch amd what she was doing and maybe asking to join her, if things went well.
I can understand that. But it was all i could really think of. I also asked that to another girl and she said yes. Things went well until she chose anothet guy over me. I also knew her a little better beforehand also.
Thanks for your answer. Youve been a big help.
Reply 9
Original post by whorace
Because you don't really have any interest in the other guy, unless of course you did, what if you introduced yourself to another person in the other class, that gives you an excuse to move freely without looking creepy. She would know because a) she might overhear you asking, or b) if you establish a real friendship with him you could go into the class before and after lessons and talk etc, you'd have a real reason to be there, to see your friend.

Everone else in the class is always talking to other people so i imagine they would completely ignore me. It does sound like a viable idea but i cant imagine ill do it.
Thanks anyway
Ok fair enough. I have considered starting with that but i think she'd think im a bit weird (but thats only my opinion). What you said does sound like a rather good way to start things.
I dont think we study the same subject. So thats out the window but i was gonna ask her about lunch amd what she was doing and maybe asking to join her, if things went well.
I can understand that. But it was all i could really think of. I also asked that to another girl and she said yes. Things went well until she chose anothet guy over me. I also knew her a little better beforehand also.
Thanks for your answer. Youve been a big help.

There's a chance she'll think you're a bit weird whatever you open with, it's an unavoidable risk so you may as well just go for it.

You could ask what subject it is they teach in that half of the classroom, since you basically share a classroom with her and you're not sure what they're learning over there.

It's good the other girl said yes, if you feel that's the best opener then go for it, every girl is different though and will find different approaches more preferable so don't expect her reaction to be the exact same as the other girls.

Let us know how it goes!
Original post by Katarvi
There's a chance she'll think you're a bit weird whatever you open with, it's an unavoidable risk so you may as well just go for it.

You could ask what subject it is they teach in that half of the classroom, since you basically share a classroom with her and you're not sure what they're learning over there.

It's good the other girl said yes, if you feel that's the best opener then go for it, every girl is different though and will find different approaches more preferable so don't expect her reaction to be the exact same as the other girls.

Let us know how it goes!

True, but i guess we all have to start somewhere.
I will do that. It shows im interested in what shes doing there and it will make a conversation also.
I was quite surprised when she said yes but things went well as i said.
I was then thinking about that. I know her reaction will be different to the other girl but im hoping it will be positive.
Will do.
Thanks for he help.
Reply 12
Everone else in the class is always talking to other people so i imagine they would completely ignore me. It does sound like a viable idea but i cant imagine ill do it.
Thanks anyway

Indeed, I sometimes fear for the world if I turn into a villain.
Hows that sneaky?
And how would she know.
Interesting comment btw.

Sneaky because you'd be befriending someone close to her with the ulterior motive of actually wanting to get to know her more and not the person you would be befriending. It's not that serious I guess, you could just aim to try and find someone relatable in her class, one day you might get the chance to chat with her naturally.
If you see her alone just approach her and ask to sit with her.
Original post by chikane
If you see her alone just approach her and ask to sit with her.

Will do, although I've only ever seen her in this class.
Will do, although I've only ever seen her in this class.

Be brave go for it.
Original post by chikane
Be brave go for it.

Will do. Im really nervous but have now gained enough courage to do it.
Thanks.
Will do. Im really nervous but have now gained enough courage to do it.
Thanks.

Did you speak to her?
Original post by chikane
Did you speak to her?

Ive PM'd you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending