The Student Room Group

Two virgins have sex. Condom present or not?

And another form of contraception is being used in order to prevent pregnancy - she's regularly taking the pill for example. Or, she has an IUD installed.

Thoughts?

And by virgin I mean - not done anything other than kissed. Not even felt another person's genitalia nevermind oral or dry humping.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TorpidPhil
And another form of contraception is being used in order to prevent pregnancy - she's regularly taking the pill for example. Or, she has an IUD installed.

Thoughts?

And by virgin I mean - not done anything other than kissed. Not even felt another person's genitalia nevermind oral or dry humping.

NO! It's the last thing you should do!
It's possible to be a virgin and have an STI.
Reply 3
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
It's possible to be a virgin and have an STI.

And it's also possible to win the lottery six times in one life.
Condoms increase the chance of contracting Type 2 Guaco-Syphilis!
Original post by DinduMuffin
WRONG! Ignore this bad advise OP!

It's not bad advice. You can have an STI even if you have not had sex.
Original post by EdwardBarfield9
It's not bad advice. You can have an STI even if you have not had sex.

******** it's called an STI! People these days omg, so stupid!

Thoughts?

No contraception is 100% effective against pregnancy that's why you have to at least use 2 to get 100% or like 99.99999999999999%

Posted from TSR Mobile
And it's also possible to win the lottery six times in one life.

Mothers who are infected during pregnancy can pass on the STI to their child. HIV can be passed on this way. Considering how far that disease has spread you'd be a moron to just dismiss it.
******** it's called an STI! People these days omg, so stupid!

Obviously trying to troll. I know it's called a Sexually Transmitted Disease. However, you can still get an STI without sexual intercourse.

"Also, there are other STIs (herpes and HPV) that are passed through skin-to-skin contact, even if no penetration has taken place."

http://www.iwannaknow.org/teens/myths_facts/overview.html
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Mothers who are infected during pregnancy can pass on the STI to their child. HIV can be passed on this way. Considering how far that disease has spread you'd be a moron to just dismiss it.

And a women whom you are in a monogamous, long term relationship with, who is not just an everyday person off the block of some shitty council estate (or for that matter someone who sleeps with all the lads at uni) isn't going to be aware of the fact that they'd have an STI, or that their mother has? I mean, do the NHS even give free testing for such to virgins?

I dunno man. I am just terribly unconvinced given how long people have been having sex without condoms and doing fine. I would want to use a condom were it a casual thing. But I don't intend on doing a casual thing. If I were to be bedding someone then I would also be able to trust them when they say they have no knowledge of having STIs.

The chance of someone having an STI in that instance is just so ridiculously minuscule it is like worrying about dying from a car crash everytime one enters a car.
Yes. They could be born with HIV, herpes etc.
OMG It's a TRANSMITTED disease. Virgins = NO TRANSMISSION!!!

Seriously, you need to stop. The original post is a genuine question.
If you have nothing constructive to say then please stop.
And a women whom you are in a monogamous, long term relationship with, who is not just an everyday person off the block of some shitty council estate (or for that matter someone who sleeps with all the lads at uni) isn't going to be aware of the fact that they'd have an STI, or that their mother has? I mean, do the NHS even give free testing for such to virgins?

I dunno man. I am just terribly unconvinced given how long people have been having sex without condoms and doing fine. I would want to use a condom were it a casual thing. But I don't intend on doing a casual thing. If I were to be bedding someone then I would also be able to trust them when they say they have no knowledge of having STIs.

The chance of someone having an STI in that instance is just so ridiculously minuscule it is like worrying about dying from a car crash everytime one enters a car.

How old are you though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EdwardBarfield9
Seriously, you need to stop. The original post is a genuine question.
If you have nothing constructive to say then please stop.

TorpidPhil is a vet. It's not a genuine question.
OMG It's a TRANSMITTED disease. Virgins = NO TRANSMISSION!!!

Very naive thinking. You can be born with an STD like HIV. You can get Hepatitis C through needles, blood transfusions etc. and then pass it on sexually afterwards. Whilst it's unlikely that a virgin has an STD it's not impossible.
Reply 16
There is a small risk, as others have said, but I think it should be safe, IF you can trust that they are telling the truth about the lack of sexual past. (You can look up the prevalence of being born with HIV etc in the UK, it must be really really low.) First time without a condom is probably a bit easier for the boy (not sure, I'm not a boy).

Trust can come back to bite you in the ass though. (Perhaps literally in this case.)

Meh, you have to make your own decisions.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
How old are you though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

20. I'm not a fool. I know there's a risk. But as you say there's ALWAYS a risk. You could use 17 types of contraception and you might still get pregnant.

I can just imagine faffing about with condoms that make me anxious over whether they are too wide, too tight, lubed enough for my weird penis or not etc is just going to give me a limp dick. Especially the first time when I'm anxious enough as it is. Not to mention I just have to stop to put it on in the middle of everything... So awkward. And hell no I ain't gonna have it on for the 30minutes of obligatory foreplay!

So I was thinking first time without, second with (simply so I experience what it feels like and don't go too long without it or I may get very used to the natural feeling and never be able to enjoy condom-sex) and despite being able to maintain an erection with ease I don't orgasm easily so the desensitisation is not an issue for me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Anti-Catholic PROPAGANDA. OUTRAGE!

It's funny you say that because I was brought up Catholic and went to Catholic school.
20. I'm not a fool. I know there's a risk. But as you say there's ALWAYS a risk. You could use 17 types of contraception and you might still get pregnant.

I can just imagine faffing about with condoms that make me anxious over whether they are too wide, too tight, lubed enough for my weird penis or not etc is just going to give me a limp dick. Especially the first time when I'm anxious enough as it is. Not to mention I just have to stop to put it on in the middle of everything... So awkward.

So I was thinking first time without, second with (simply so I experience what it feels like and don't go too long without it or I may get very used to the natural feeling and never be able to enjoy condom-sex) and despite being able to maintain an erection with ease I don't orgasm easily so the desensitisation is not an issue for me.

I know the size that'll work for you :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending