The Student Room Group

Going for a drink with an opposite sex

Hi, please keep anon.

I'm going for a drink with a former teacher of mine this weekend. He stopped teaching me 5 years ago, and obviously I am not his student anymore. I was attracted to him when he used to teach me but never thought about it further. We got in contact and decided to go for a drink this weekend. Do you think there is anything else on his mind other? I am pretty nervous. Do teachers usually go for a drink with former students?

Thanks.
How old are you guys? If you're still quite young, they might think of you as a student and not just someone they're going for a drink with.
Reply 2
Original post by Mayhem™
How old are you guys? If you're still quite young, they might think of you as a student and not just someone they're going for a drink with.

I'm in my early 20s and he's in his late 30s. Yes maybe you are right - I must be over-thinking!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in my early 20s and he's in his late 30s. Yes maybe you are right - I must be over-thinking!

Don't worry about it then, just enjoy your date and see what happens :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Mayhem™
Don't worry about it then, just enjoy your date and see what happens :smile:

Thank you. I just wasn't quite sure whether going for a drink with an ex teacher is common.
It's not weird for students and teachers to bump into each other at the pub, I've heard plenty stories from teachers of students getting drunk at their graduation parties and stories of teachers getting drunk also.

Have fun, if it weirds you out too much don't go :smile: Nothing wrong with this at all
Reply 6
Original post by NutellaLuv
It's not weird for students and teachers to bump into each other at the pub, I've heard plenty stories from teachers of students getting drunk at their graduation parties and stories of teachers getting drunk also.

Have fun, if it weirds you out too much don't go :smile: Nothing wrong with this at all

Hey, thanks. Guess I'll go and enjoy it this weekend!
Reply 7
Reply 8
Hi, please keep anon.

I'm going for a drink with a former teacher of mine this weekend. He stopped teaching me 5 years ago, and obviously I am not his student anymore. I was attracted to him when he used to teach me but never thought about it further. We got in contact and decided to go for a drink this weekend. Do you think there is anything else on his mind other? I am pretty nervous. Do teachers usually go for a drink with former students?

Thanks.

It depends. If you put malice on it, then there will be something else. It will be up to you.
Most students won't go for a drink with their teachers, but some do. What are you expecting / hoping will happen?
Original post by ellej93
It depends. If you put malice on it, then there will be something else. It will be up to you.

This is probably the answer. Thanks!

Original post by dean01234
Most students won't go for a drink with their teachers, but some do. What are you expecting / hoping will happen?

I don't know really; when I had a crush on him, which was 5 years ago, I basically lived in a teenage fantasy. He did like me and treat me differently from other pupils. Just thinking about seeing him again makes me have butterflies in my stomach :tongue:
This is probably the answer. Thanks!

I don't know really; when I had a crush on him, which was 5 years ago, I basically lived in a teenage fantasy. He did like me and treat me differently from other pupils. Just thinking about seeing him again makes me have butterflies in my stomach :tongue:

I'm rooting for you guurl x
:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending