The Student Room Group

Top 5 universities with the most ducks

Duck density.org.uk lists the top UK universities with the highest duck density.

York dominates the table with a DD (duck density) of 14.5.

Leeds comes second with a DD of 6.7, followed by Roehampton with a DD of 3.1

Here's the top five:

1) York, 14.5
2) Leeds, 6.7
3) Roehampton, 3.1
4) East Anglia, 2.8
5) Nottingham, 1.4
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Ay up me duck!

I've been saying for years that this is the most meaningful university league table.
Original post by Good bloke
Ay up me duck!

I've been saying for years that this is the most meaningful university league table.

TSR should organise a duck race with all the university names on to settle once and for all which university is best.
I guess no data has been submitted for Bath :tongue: there are loads of ducks, not only by the massive lake but they sometimes wander over to accommodations as well!
:3
Duck off!
Do seagulls count as ducks? Because if they do Brighton or Sussex wins hands down. Also it it'd have to be settled with a seagull chip fight or something rather than a race.

Or a new ranking: Top UK universities with the most evil, lunch stealing ASBO sea birds.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Supersaps
Duck off!

er... u better back down m8.

or I'll call the old bill.

u get me.

[video="youtube;6_BGKyAKigs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_BGKyAKigs[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
cambridge is going to have 1 less cockerel :cry2:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Do seagulls count as ducks? Because if they do Brighton or Sussex wins hands down. Also it it'd have to be settled with a seagull chip fight or something rather than a race.

Or a new ranking: Top UK universities with the most evil, lunch stealing ASBO sea birds.

http://duckdensity.org.uk/definitions

Duck:

A "duck" is a bird that goes on water (for example, a duck, goose, seagull or moorhen). There are many types and varieties of duck, all of which should be counted. Birds such as pigeons, which do not go on water, are not "ducks".

Although density wise how much of the sea do you count in the water measure?
We have quite a few ducks in the Whiteknights lake
Original post by the bear
cambridge is going to have 1 less cockerel :cry2:

But the college obviously has a lot of chickens among its staff.
How can Edge Hill not have made it onto that list?!
i call bull. sheff wins, i always see hounds of ducks mating in the park whilst in western park library
we should get an expert in @Rspbyms16

Hull also has shedloads of ducks. Especially in winter the park gets full of geese.
Original post by PQ
http://duckdensity.org.uk/definitions

Duck:

A "duck" is a bird that goes on water (for example, a duck, goose, seagull or moorhen). There are many types and varieties of duck, all of which should be counted. Birds such as pigeons, which do not go on water, are not "ducks".

Although density wise how much of the sea do you count in the water measure?

That would mean that the flamingo, the swan, the pelican, the stork and the heron are all ducks. :no:
Original post by Good bloke
That would mean that the flamingo, the swan, the pelican, the stork and the heron are all ducks. :no:

Do you know any universities with high densities of flamingoes?
Lancaster has ducks. We have Facebook pages debating which college has the best ducks (Fylde, obviously)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending