The Student Room Group

Would you report someone you saw cheating in exams?

Scroll to see replies

No. It doesn't concern me tbh.
Original post by whorace
I'd blackmail them, then report them for cheating, then cheat.

That doesn't really work. If you blackmail them and then turn them in anyway, they have no motivation not to tell the authorities that you've been blackmailing them.
No, what other people do in those situations is their business. I'd probably feel sorry for them though and hope for their sake the'd get their act together in the future.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
That doesn't really work. If you blackmail them and then turn them in anyway, they have no motivation not to tell the authorities that you've been blackmailing them.

I'd deny it. Who's going to believe a cheat?
Reply 104
People here acting like they haven't cheated before haha.

Look I'm not saying cheating is good or something people should do, but if you didn't understand something in a very crucial exam and you had the chance to ask a better prepared (not smarter) person for the answer you're telling me you wouldn't?
Reply 105
And to all you folks going on about grade boundaries. If you studied hard enough and got a good grade, why would another person's grade affect you.

Person 1 : HEY I got an A*
Cheater : So did I, all thanks to Jim
Jim: A* as well

Everyone's happy :smile:
I would be inclined to. Why should that person get away with it? It wouldn't be fair on the rest of the kids who actually studied hard.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by wdkmwd

Look I'm not saying cheating is good or something people should do, but if you didn't understand something in a very crucial exam and you had the chance to ask a better prepared (not smarter) person for the answer you're telling me you wouldn't?

Original post by wdkmwd

I have never cheated or felt the need to cheat at anything. I want to be proud of my grades and achievements no matter how modest they are. It's a bit crass of you to suggest people here have cheated.
Original post by davidtyoember
bare snakes on tsr

do you have no sense of justice?
Reply 109
Original post by DougallnDougall
I have never cheated or felt the need to cheat at anything. I want to be proud of my grades and achievements no matter how modest they are. It's a bit crass of you to suggest people here have cheated.

It's a fact mate. Go peddle your delusion somewhere else.
Wouldn't want them to cheat then get a higher grade than me. its not fair on everyone else who actually works hard.
Original post by theholychilli
Snitches get stitches

Nice, original
Cheating will raise the Grade Boundaries, so I'd deffo report them!! :yes:
No. I wouldn't care enough. Fair play if they can get away with it, I guess.
Original post by wdkmwd
It's a fact mate. Go peddle your delusion somewhere else.

I'm not your mate! It's called having personal integrity.
Original post by NathanW18
No. I wouldn't care enough. Fair play if they can get away with it, I guess.

It's literally not fair play, though. That's the one thing it definitely isn't.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
It's literally not fair play, though. That's the one thing it definitely isn't.

Slang.
Original post by Zargabaath
So there was a thread the other day about someone who caught someone else cheating in their GCSE exams, asking for advice.

Some of the answers surprised me to say the least. What would you do?

Depends, if they're talking to someone else than as mentioned by others it's their problem not mine. But if they're talking directly to me then I can potentially be disqualified as well, however I'd still personally debate reporting them.
Reply 118
I don't think I would but I suppose it depends on the situation. In my opinion, it is someone's choice whether they cheat or not, however if the way they chose to cheat could be directly harmful to someone else then I would possibly tell.
Reply 119
Ofcourse I would. It might not have anything to do with me, but it means that the person who cheated will get a better grade and then compete with me despite being incompetent. So it does have something to do with me. Plus as part of the society it is my duty as well to stop and ensure that the right people are positioned in the right places.

Quick Reply

Latest