The Student Room Group

Guys, what do want to know about us girls?

Scroll to see replies

If a guy is bald/blading is it an instant turn-off?
Original post by Anonymous

Not really, no.
Original post by Proxenus
Do you think bj are disgusting?

Nope.

Huge turn on for me.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Nope.

Huge turn on for me.

PRSOM :wink:
Original post by Unistudent77
PRSOM :wink:

yes
(I'm aware this is the girls thread but anyway)

For a nightout.... Probably 45mins. As post shower my skin is a touch red so i let it fade. Listen to music, iron my shirt if i'm planning on wearing one. Polish shoes if i'm wearing those (so going fairly smart). Quicker if just a t-shirt.

Sorting hair takes 15-20min.

As men, 'we' are quicker than women but men can take ages too tbh.

In the morning - 15 mins.

These times don't include a shower (10-15min)

WOW!! you spend longer than me than getting ready for a night out!! I didn't realise that guys do this :eek:

20 mins to do your hair?! How????

haha my regime is normally, shower, blow dry hair, with music on to dance along to while getting ready, find something that's comfortable to go out in (normally just skinny jeans and a half decent top) and I'm out!!! I'm normally done in 35 mins max, depending on whether i can find the right shoes to wear with my outfit!!
Normally on the weekdays 10 mins max (excluding shower time :lol:)
(edited 8 years ago)
(I'm aware this is the girls thread but anyway)

For a nightout.... Probably 45mins. As post shower my skin is a touch red so i let it fade. Listen to music, iron my shirt if i'm planning on wearing one. Polish shoes if i'm wearing those (so going fairly smart). Quicker if just a t-shirt.

Sorting hair takes 15-20min.

As men, 'we' are quicker than women but men can take ages too tbh.

In the morning - 15 mins.

These times don't include a shower (10-15min)

15-20 mins to do hair, do you have long hair?
15-20 mins to do hair, do you have long hair?

no ur just vain innit rofl @Unistudent77
[QUOTE=CleverSquirrel;63512009]WOW!! you spend longer than me than getting ready for a night out!! I didn't realise that guys do this :eek:

20 mins to do your hair?! How????

haha my regime is normally, shower, blow dry hair, with music on to dance along to while getting ready, find something that's comfortable to go out in (normally just skinny jeans and a half decent top) and I'm out!!! I'm normally done in 35 mins max, depending on whether i can find the right shoes to wear with my outfit!!
Normally on the weekdays 10 mins max (excluding shower time :lol:)

Weekdays - 15 min. Shower, trim stubble etc, then dry my hair. Skin will be hot so apply moisturiser, sort hair briefly. Chuck clothes on. Then hairdry hair, chuck hairspray on. Done.

That's if i'm going into uni. At home even less.

By spending 15 min on hair i meant it more as part of everything else.

So like: Nightout going smart...
Trim stubble/light beard. Groom myself. Normally i clean out ears, cut toenails etc at other times but i like to keep well maintained but usually not necessary before a nightout.
Shower. Dry myself off.
Head downstairs to my room, boys will have tunes going. Put jeans, socks on. Make sure hair isn't a mess and is roughly ok. Apply moisturiser. Then use hair dryer lightly and make hair pretty ok.
Grab shirt, take it upstairs and iron it.
Bring shirt back downstairs.
Apply deodorant liberally ('Invictus' by Paco Rabanne, love it).
Then polish my brown shoes. Shoes on, Shirt on. Tunes will be on.
Apply a touch of hair spray and make sure hair is decent.
Done. A ready man.

All in all, 35 min including everything bar actually showering, i'd guess add 5-10 min for that.
If not going smart, then no ironing and no polishing so 10 mins less.

I would say i spend a touch longer than my flatmates but only 5 min. A fair few of my friends take far longer. The women take SO much longer than us men.

[QUOTE=Anonymous;63512143]15-20 mins to do hair, do you have long hair?

No haha. See above clarification :smile:
[QUOTE=alkaline.;63513679]no ur just vain innit rofl @Unistudent77

No bullying plez.

Ain'ters gonna ain't.

Got told i 'smell amazing' by a straight guy.
Got called 'well groomed' (by contrast) when i said i looked like another guy by a girl.
Got accused (not seriously) of using botox because my skin was so clear at Christmas time by two girls, one of them wants to get with me i'm reliably informed.

The boys and i, during the summer time hit the odd sunbed. Use the odd bit of fake tan. Ain'ters GONNA ain't!!!

#notallsuperheroeswearcapes
[QUOTE=Proxenus;63491385]Do you think bj are disgusting?

That's like saying 'do you think going down on a women is disgusting?'

Well no. I'll happily go down on her, it's a pre-requisite of good sex really. If he hated going down, if she hated giving BJs then it can worked around but imo, it's all about give and take. I personally enjoy going down on her so even if she didn't like giving BJs i'd still give her oral.
Weekdays - 15 min. Shower, trim stubble etc, then dry my hair. Skin will be hot so apply moisturiser, sort hair briefly. Chuck clothes on. Then hairdry hair, chuck hairspray on. Done.

That's if i'm going into uni. At home even less.

By spending 15 min on hair i meant it more as part of everything else.

So like: Nightout going smart...
Trim stubble/light beard. Groom myself. Normally i clean out ears, cut toenails etc at other times but i like to keep well maintained but usually not necessary before a nightout.
Shower. Dry myself off.
Head downstairs to my room, boys will have tunes going. Put jeans, socks on. Make sure hair isn't a mess and is roughly ok. Apply moisturiser. Then use hair dryer lightly and make hair pretty ok.
Grab shirt, take it upstairs and iron it.
Bring shirt back downstairs.
Apply deodorant liberally ('Invictus' by Paco Rabanne, love it).
Then polish my brown shoes. Shoes on, Shirt on. Tunes will be on.
Apply a touch of hair spray and make sure hair is decent.
Done. A ready man.

All in all, 35 min including everything bar actually showering, i'd guess add 5-10 min for that.
If not going smart, then no ironing and no polishing so 10 mins less.

I would say i spend a touch longer than my flatmates but only 5 min. A fair few of my friends take far longer. The women take SO much longer than us men.

No haha. See above clarification :smile:

No bullying plez.

Ain'ters gonna ain't.

Got told i 'smell amazing' by a straight guy.
Got called 'well groomed' (by contrast) when i said i looked like another guy by a girl.
Got accused (not seriously) of using botox because my skin was so clear at Christmas time by two girls, one of them wants to get with me i'm reliably informed.

The boys and i, during the summer time hit the odd sunbed. Use the odd bit of fake tan. Ain'ters GONNA ain't!!!

#notallsuperheroeswearcapes

dude....that's impressive!!!!! Atleast you actually try and are tidy! most guys i know are lazy buggers who don't even know how to take care of themselves!! Hats off to you!!!

yeah i spend around 35-40 mins max- depending on how much time i spend dancing around :lol:
Reply 732
@Unistudent77 thats so long haha. i just wake up and get out of bed (10 mins) , go bathroom/have a shower (5 mins) , get changed (30 seconds), put a bit of makeup on (4 minutes) and eat breakfast (10 mins) :five:
[QUOTE=CleverSquirrel;63515465]dude....that's impressive!!!!! Atleast you actually try and are tidy! most guys i know are lazy buggers who don't even know how to take care of themselves!! Hats off to you!!!

yeah i spend around 35-40 mins max- depending on how much time i spend dancing around :lol:

What part is impressive? Haha.
All the boys shave/trim and trim themselves elsewhere. Smell nice. Hair reasonable, iron our shirts/make sure t-shirts aren't creased. Quite a few of the guys i know hit a sunbed before a nightout, more so over summer.... I don't use many, a bit of fake tan sometimes but only a touch. People notice my glow but they never assume it's fake. Slighly tanned without the risk of cancer.

Ultimately, i hit the gym 4 times a week so why can't i keep myself properly maintained too... You follow?

I want to be the best version of myself i can be. If i do all i can then i'm confident. I'm happy with myself, tried my best. I'm no oil painting but i can do no more and the female attention i've received has increased significantly. Possibly due to the gym and muscle gains but also due to looking good (skin wise) and being more confident as a result :smile:

[QUOTE=mkap;63515547]@Unistudent77 thats so long haha. i just wake up and get out of bed (10 mins) , go bathroom/have a shower (5 mins) , get changed (30 seconds), put a bit of makeup on (4 minutes) and eat breakfast (10 mins) :five:

5 min shower... Fast.
What about hair? You have omitted that...
I take like 4 seconds to wolf my breakfast but during summer i take over an hour, i procrastinate so much.

Right, well in the future i'll let you in the bathroom first... Ok? Or i can get out of bed first, you can lie there and then when i'm out the shower you'll be ready to get yourself a shower....
Or we could just shower together... :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
What part is impressive? Haha.
All the boys shave/trim and trim themselves elsewhere. Smell nice. Hair reasonable, iron our shirts/make sure t-shirts aren't creased. Quite a few of the guys i know hit a sunbed before a nightout, more so over summer.... I don't use many, a bit of fake tan sometimes but only a touch. People notice my glow but they never assume it's fake. Slighly tanned without the risk of cancer.

Ultimately, i hit the gym 4 times a week so why can't i keep myself properly maintained too... You follow?

I want to be the best version of myself i can be. If i do all i can then i'm confident. I'm happy with myself, tried my best. I'm no oil painting but i can do no more and the female attention i've received has increased significantly. Possibly due to the gym and muscle gains but also due to looking good (skin wise) and being more confident as a result :smile:

5 min shower... Fast.
What about hair? You have omitted that...
I take like 4 seconds to wolf my breakfast but during summer i take over an hour, i procrastinate so much.

Right, well in the future i'll let you in the bathroom first... Ok? Or i can get out of bed first, you can lie there and then when i'm out the shower you'll be ready to get yourself a shower....
Or we could just shower together... :wink:

haha like i said, most guys i know are lazy buggers who don't even know how to take care of themselves, it's either that or im obviously completely oblivious to what guys do!!
but god, a guy who smells nice is like an instant turn on :biggrin:

yeah i get what you mean the maintenance comes with the gym!!
i go gym twice a week!! i would go more, but i don't really have the time to do any more hours :frown:
Original post by therecovery
why do you like it when we ignore you all?
why do girls like jerks?

I think it's a psychological reason. Firstly, please acknowledge that not all girls like that. I'm a girl, and I would much rather a guy preferred to speak to me as soon as I messaged him than leave me in the dark for a month or whatever. BUT, I think it's because 'jerks' are often associated with mentally and physically 'strong' men. It shows you're not weak or needy or clingy (and from my experience, a LOT of girls do not like any of those traits in guys) and shows you're more dominant. Heterosexuals are attracted to the OPPOSITE of what they are, hence hetero means different/opposite, and if girls are given a sensitive, submissive guy then most girls will not like that because they want the opposite of submissive (because that's what they are) - dominant.

Please bear in mind THIS IS NOT WHAT ALL GIRLS THINK, only SOME girls.
[QUOTE=CleverSquirrel;63515887]haha like i said, most guys i know are lazy buggers who don't even know how to take care of themselves, it's either that or im obviously completely oblivious to what guys do!!
but god, a guy who smells nice is like an instant turn on :biggrin:

yeah i get what you mean the maintenance comes with the gym!!
i go gym twice a week!! i would go more, but i don't really have the time to do any more hours :frown:

You don't mix with the right kind of men then.... (Shakes head) haha.

Yeah, since it was not developed by me, i can brag about that deoderant. It's just fantastic tbh. I love it. My clothes smell great, admittedly the boys light up a cig when drunk and that somewhat limits the great smell but it's so easy to chuck on.

Certain perfumes are fantastic. Sexual undertones...

Twice is good :smile:
Tbh, i don't expect a girl to hit the gym like i do. As long as she is thinish (curvy is fine just not 'curvy' ie fat) and occasionally hits the gym or goes for a run/long walk or has a hobby then that's cool.

There aren't many women who dislike a muscular man though... :biggrin:

However, i don't hit the gym for that purpose. I'm really not that vain despite what @alkaline is saying...

I (used to be much worse) am/was insecure and as a result that makes you 'vain' but i'm happy where i'm at right now. Fairly confident within myself nowadays :smile:
[QUOTE=priprichicken;63516037]I think it's a psychological reason. Firstly, please acknowledge that not all girls like that. I'm a girl, and I would much rather a guy preferred to speak to me as soon as I messaged him than leave me in the dark for a month or whatever. BUT, I think it's because 'jerks' are often associated with mentally and physically 'strong' men. It shows you're not weak or needy or clingy (and from my experience, a LOT of girls do not like any of those traits in guys) and shows you're more dominant. Heterosexuals are attracted to the OPPOSITE of what they are, hence hetero means different/opposite, and if girls are given a sensitive, submissive guy then most girls will not like that because they want the opposite of submissive (because that's what they are) - dominant.

Please bear in mind THIS IS NOT WHAT ALL GIRLS THINK, only SOME girls.

Agreed :smile:

If people keep the dom/sub aspect to most situations then it will help clear many things up. A generalisation but true in most cases imo.

However, i don't hit the gym for that purpose. I'm really not that vain despite what @alkaline is saying...

Original post by mkap
Hi I saw a thread for girls called

Girls, what do want to know about us boys?

So i thought i would do one for you guys. If you have any questions just post it here and I'm sure a girl will get back to you :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Is the following outfit buff, if yes rep or quote:

Khaki Bomber Jacket
White Longline T-Shirt with Step Hem
and Black Ripped Jeans???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending