The Student Room Group

Coworkers fiancee always flirts with me behind her back

Nearly everytime he comes in to pick her up and take her home and she isn't around at that moment he always whistles or flirts with me which makes me quite uncomfortable considering they've been in a long term relationship for a while and that he's bought her a diamond ring and everything.

I told him he shouldn't be doing it because he's practically a married man and he said something like 'nearly a married man'

I don't think his partner knows and I quite like her; should I say anything to her?
Well, if you say anything to her she could blame you for his actions. First start by confronting him again and telling him that you will actually tell her if he doesn't stop. Since you know around about which time he comes to collect her, I would advise you to avoid him by going to the toilet during that time or something like that. However, who is to say that he doesn't do this to other women...which is totally unfair to your coworker so maybe you should tell her honestly, if not find a way for her to catch him in his act.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.
Reply 2
Is it just harmless flirting?
I wouldn't say anything if I were you; it sounds like he's more serious about her and especially if they're getting married I don't think his intentions are to cheat if he is getting married to her. Why disrupt the relationship over something so trivial?
Reply 4
If I was in your co worker's situation I would want to know but you will need to be careful because there is the chance that your coworker may not believe you
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by nju
If I was in your co worker's situation I would want to know but you will need to be careful because there is the chance that your coworker may not believe you

I told him straight that he was being rude and I hope you'll agree with me in that it is disrespectful behaviour to his future wife. If he does it again after I've told him not to I'll consider telling her but I have no idea how to broach a subject like this so sensitive. I don't even think she knows
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I told him straight that he was being rude and I hope you'll agree with me in that it is disrespectful behaviour to his future wife. If he does it again after I've told him not to I'll consider telling her but I have no idea how to broach a subject like this so sensitive. I don't even think she knows

Yeah I definitely agree that your co worker's fiancee is in the wrong but I understand that it is a very sensitive topic. Hopefully he stops the flirting himself but if you do need to talk to your co worker about the situation then I think your approach to the topic should depend on the type of relationship you have with her.
Reply 7
Original post by nju
Yeah I definitely agree that your co worker's fiancee is in the wrong but I understand that it is a very sensitive topic. Hopefully he stops the flirting himself but if you do need to talk to your co worker about the situation then I think your approach to the topic should depend on the type of relationship you have with her.

Thank you for your advice. Hopefully he doesn't do it again now that I've told him it's not right but why would you flirt with another woman if you were already engaged, doesn't make any sense to me at all
Reply 8
I wouldn't tell her anything to be honest. Now I only mind my own business. Even with the best intentions you always end up losing more than anything else. It's selfish I know but it's their problem, it's not really yours.

But if she's a good friend and if it's more than just 'harmless flirting' (can it be harmless though?), I guess you could tell her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending