The Student Room Group

what does islam say about breakups or heartbreak?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by leavingthecity
Why?

Why not make your own choices?

Arranged marriage of this kind belongs in the dark ages.

You are choosing whether you want to marry him or not.

No, forced marriages belong in the dark ages.
Original post by HAnwar
You are choosing whether you want to marry him or not.

No, forced marriages belong in the dark ages.

So you advocate your parents selecting maybe a few men from which you are allowed to choose? Whilst that's not as abhorrent as forced marriage, it takes away much of your freedom. You need the freedom to make mistakes.
Reply 22
Original post by HAnwar
You definitely don't do what the user above me said ^

Either arranged marriage or you tell your parents or next of kin who you like so they can take it from there.

would hate to be your child tbh
Reply 23
Original post by leavingthecity
So you advocate your parents selecting maybe a few men from which you are allowed to choose? Whilst that's not as abhorrent as forced marriage, it takes away much of your freedom. You need the freedom to make mistakes.

There's no limit on the number of people you can choose from.
Hardly taking away your freedom, think you keep getting confused with forced marriages.
Original post by z33
would hate to be your child tbh

Lol I will try and bring my child up in the best Islamic manner Insha Allah so they'll thank me in the hereafter :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by HAnwar
Lol I will try and bring my child up in the best Islamic manner Insha Allah so they'll thank me in the hereafter :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol your child will rebel and hate you for making them marry somebody before they knew what they were getting into and then realising later that person was an ******* and mistreated them and their life is now ruined. It is not unislamic to talk to someone and get to know them before you make a massive commitment like marriage, it's not a joke they're gonna spend the rest of their lives with this person they've gotta know if they like them enough and if they're good for them. Their unhappiness in the marriage could also make it more likely for them to sin due to their unhappiness and when they're frying in the hereafter I'm sure they won't be thanking you.

It doesn't have to turn out that way, it could be a happy marriage, but i'd rather not risk it and have my kid know who they're gonna spend the rest of their lives with :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by z33
Lol your child will rebel and hate you for making them marry somebody before they knew what they were getting into and then realising later that person was an ******* and mistreated them and their life is now ruined. It is not unislamic to talk to someone and get to know them before you make a massive commitment like marriage, it's not a joke they're gonna spend the rest of their lives with this person they've gotta know if they like them enough and if they're good for them. Their unhappiness in the marriage could also make it more likely for them to sin due to their unhappiness and when they're frying in the hereafter I'm sure they won't be thanking you.

It doesn't have to turn out that way, it could be a happy marriage, but i'd rather not risk it and have my kid know who they're gonna spend the rest of their lives with :smile:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I won't make my child marry anyone they don't want to.
You can talk to them and spend time with them.
You can have as many meetings as you want.
Just not all of that alone.

I already said I'm against forced marriages smh, don't understand why people intend on making themselves look stupid by not reading the whole convo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by HAnwar
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I won't make my child marry anyone they don't want to.
You can talk to them and spend time with them.
You can have as many meetings as you want.
Just not all of that alone.

I already said I'm against forced marriages smh, don't understand why people intend on making themselves look stupid by not reading the whole convo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not stupid brah :colonhash:
Original post by Habibananna
You go on a date, go out eating, get to know eachother... favourite things, likes, dislikes etc. If you're compatible then it works and you get married, if not then you part ways.
Original post by HAnwar
You definitely don't do what the user above me said ^Either arranged marriage or you tell your parents or next of kin who you like so they can take it from there.

when did that user ever say this was to be done alone? yet you still disagreed very strongly.
I never said you'd make them marry someone they don't want to, I said someone they don't know properly, for example they may be attracted to them and want to be with them but after speaking to them properly they may not like them and feel they aren't right for them.

do you even read brah :facepalm:
Reply 27
Original post by z33
I'm not stupid brah :colonhash:

when did that user ever say this was to be done alone? yet you still disagreed very strongly.
I never said you'd make them marry someone they don't want to, I said someone they don't know properly, for example they may be attracted to them and want to be with them but after speaking to them properly they may not like them and feel they aren't right for them.

do you even read brah :facepalm:

No you're not. Sorry about that.

That's kinda what a 'date' is you know.

You don't hear about people going on dates with another family member present do you?
Reply 28
Original post by HAnwar
No you're not. Sorry about that.

That's kinda what a 'date' is you know.

You don't hear about people going on dates with another family member present do you?

You should be :hand:

What about double dates, that has friends present :tongue:

you know what Islamic dates are like man, plus what about the "get to know eachother... favourite things, likes, dislikes etc. If you're compatible then it works and you get married, if not then you part ways." bit that you also dismissed
Reply 29
Original post by z33
You should be :hand:

What about double dates, that has friends present :tongue:

you know what Islamic dates are like man, plus what about the "get to know eachother... favourite things, likes, dislikes etc. If you're compatible then it works and you get married, if not then you part ways." bit that you also dismissed

Idk I think you need to have a mahram present.

Yeah but you can ask those questions beforehand.
Reply 30
Original post by HAnwar
Idk I think you need to have a mahram present.

Yeah but you can ask those questions beforehand.

what like "mama ask them what their favourite TV show is"?
nah man thats too much but to each their own I guess
Those that break hearts and hurt innocent souls will rot in hell
@HAnwar

No, I doubt arrange marriages are the only Halal ways. You could marry a colleague, classmate, and other acquaintances.
For all the bogus superiority Muslims here are showing, divorce is stupidly easy in Islam, like more easy than switching your car.
Reply 34
Original post by z33
what like "mama ask them what their favourite TV show is"?
nah man thats too much but to each their own I guess

I cleary said 'you' as in the child :colonhash:

Original post by champ_mc99
@HAnwar

No, I doubt arrange marriages are the only Halal ways. You could marry a colleague, classmate, and other acquaintances.

Yeah you can. That doesn't make it haram unless you have a relationship before marriage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending