The Student Room Group

What did you get in your gcse's

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ravioliyears
I agree with that. Everyone in my class began revising at like 6 in the morning, and there's me waking up at 11 :lol: I did this thing where I revised until dinner and then did some extra work after dinner as I was watching tv. I was very relaxed during gcses, which was surprising haha

Is it normal not to be stressed out about your GCSEs ?I'm predicted all A stars except Drama. I had a nervous breakdown during my first set of ppes and had to receive counselling. My Grandfather's death didn't help much either. I had gotten good grades without revising - 5A* 2A 2B.

I was 2 marks off an A star for the As.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nisha.sri
How did you revise?

I didn't :lol:
The knowledge was fairly basic so I retained most of it without looking back over it.
A couple days before each exam revising stuff like quotes for English or certain processes for Biology was enough for me.
Original post by Alexion
I didn't :lol:
The knowledge was fairly basic so I retained most of it without looking back over it.
A couple days before each exam revising stuff like quotes for English or certain processes for Biology was enough for me.

Wow well done :smile: x
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Is it normal not to be stressed out about your GCSEs ?I'm predicted all A stars except Drama. I had a nervous breakdown during my first set of ppes and had to receive counselling. My Grandfather's death didn't help much either. I had gotten good grades without revising - 5A* 2A 2B.

I was 2 marks off an A star for the As.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh, of course it is. I wasn't able to revise as much for them, but got better grades than expected. Are you retaking GCSEs? If so, why? You got amazing grades anyway. I was off an A star by 2-3 ums in two subjects, and 1 ums off one :/
Reply 84
You don't have to do much revision. I know you all think they're really hard. I did when I was in year 11, but GCSEs are just a test of technique; heck, I didn't understand much chemistry, it's just that the same stuff comes up year on year and so revising from past papers is the best way, not wishing to boast, but with their technique, I would be finished well ahead of time in all exams, and in Chemistry I got an A* with a UMS of 199, so not bad overall...

I was recently reading something that said GCSEs should be revised for 3-4 hours a day, A Levels 4-6 THE ONLY EXAMS THAT REQUIRE 8-9 HOURS OF ADDITIONAL STUDY ARE YOUR UNIVERSITY FINALS.
Reply 85
Aare bhai, there was no need to be disappointed! You did amazingly well!!!

Original post by Abstract_Prism
See, children, this here is bait.

LMAO :rofl:
I genuinely was disappointed because I had high expectations - like 6A*s or something.
But I also became complacent near the exams

Conversely, I had no expectations at all for A-Levels and got AAAB (back when A was the highest grade) and A in AS-Level Chemistry.
My lesson for life - continuously do everything to the best of your ability, but don't have any expectations. It has served me well since :laugh:

Original post by dalegeorge1
What you studying now lol

Graduated in Maths and Economics
Worked really hard from the Easter holidays and managed 7A*s and 4A's.... I wish I could get those grades in A2!
Yeh, of course it is. I wasn't able to revise as much for them, but got better grades than expected. Are you retaking GCSEs? If so, why? You got amazing grades anyway. I was off an A star by 2-3 ums in two subjects, and 1 ums off one :/

Lmao. These were my mock grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lmao. These were my mock grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhh lol, I got confused there :lol: I flopped my mocks, I got Cs in everything except Maths, FM, Geography and Spanish
Ohhh lol, I got confused there :lol: I flopped my mocks, I got Cs in everything except Maths, FM, Geography and Spanish

Have you done your GCSEs ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think I have enough time to bump up the Bs ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you done your GCSEs ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think I have enough time to bump up the Bs ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I did them last year. I got Cs in all my sciences for mocks and ended up with all As and got Cs in all my English mocks, and ended up with all As, with 1 ums off in English lit. You can do it, dw.
2 A* 8 As

Distinction in BTEC business if its worth anything
3 A*s, 1 A, 3 Bs, 1 C and 4 Distinction* in Extended Diploma Business Studies and IT Studies. Picking BTECs was the worst mistake. My results are not spectacular, but they are not ****.
(edited 8 years ago)
in science I got
Physics - b
chemistry - b
biology - c
Was quite upset with that to be honest :/
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
9 A*s and 1 A

haha wow snap! :biggrin: Well done! How far off an A* was the A?

Mine was 1 mark and I'm not even joking lmfao
Original post by Amellia123
Worked really hard from the Easter holidays and managed 7A*s and 4A's.... I wish I could get those grades in A2!

How much did you revise during easter in terms of hours and well done :smile: :tongue:
Original post by Username3097486
Did you take History? Because you know the content is enormous when even the spec is vague...

Nope, I didn't take History. I think History, English, etc are the subjects which you can't revise from the spec for - instead, you need to just drill stuff from lessons (in History, dates, events, etc; in English, characters, motives...) and do past paper essays.
An A*, some As and Bs.

Original post by nisha.sri
gcse's

Please don't: it hurts my head.
Don't you just hate it when your 1 or 2 marks of an A*.
This happens to me all the time Gargh
How can i get a higher A* or A?

Quick Reply

Latest