The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Car parking?

I was wondering is there anywhere around the university that you can park your car, even if it costs per year? When i went to the open day they said there was no on site car parking for students (if this is untrue please let me know) but i still really want/need my car so i was wondering if any previous students have parked on a nearby residential street or something. Or if there is any car parking in general, again are there many residential streets near by that i could park my car on(not car parks where you pay per day).
Thanks in advance.
Original post by Richpeasant
I was wondering is there anywhere around the university that you can park your car, even if it costs per year? When i went to the open day they said there was no on site car parking for students (if this is untrue please let me know) but i still really want/need my car so i was wondering if any previous students have parked on a nearby residential street or something. Or if there is any car parking in general, again are there many residential streets near by that i could park my car on(not car parks where you pay per day).
Thanks in advance.

There's a car park next to Northfield, one next to eastslope, and another in like the centre of campus from what I've seen. So there's definitely lots of parking, not sure about the charge though. Probably a free for students/staff thing, can't see many ticket wardens patrolling the area.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by ludd-sama
There's a car park next to Northfield, one next to eastslope, and another in like the centre of campus from what I've seen. So there's definitely lots of parking, not sure about the charge though. Probably a free for students/staff thing, can't see many ticket wardens patrolling the area.

I was heard it was for staff only, but when i was at the open day they were pretty much empty so i don't get why it would be staff only
There are permits for students to park on campus but they're only available to students who live off campus or for students on campus who require a car because they're disabled or have children.
I was heard it was for staff only, but when i was at the open day they were pretty much empty so i don't get why it would be staff only

Open Days are usually weekends or out of term time so the car parks wouldn't look like that on weekdays during term. They're normally pretty full.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Open Days are usually weekends or out of term time so the car parks wouldn't look like that on weekdays during term. They're normally pretty full.

Some really useful information, thanks for your input. Do you know if there are any local residential streets i could park on, that don't require a permit etc?
Some really useful information, thanks for your input. Do you know if there are any local residential streets i could park on, that don't require a permit etc?

Why do you feel you need a car?

I'm pretty sure all of the streets near campus are permit-ted.
(edited 8 years ago)
The car is worth thousand and would be wasted only being used for a few weeks of the year, it's easier to do activites go places, back back and forth to home
The car is worth thousand and would be wasted only being used for a few weeks of the year, it's easier to do activites go places, back back and forth to home

Buses from campus are really good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending