The Student Room Group

GCSE Science Core and Additional Science

Hi, I just want to find out, that I am going to be doing Foundation for my Science Core but, the problem is that I want to get a B for my Science.

But, because I am really good in ISA ( INDIVISUAL SCIENCE ASSESMENT) I have been getting A* will this bring up my GCSE level even though I am doing a foundation paper. Also, there is a high chance of me getting a C.

I am going to be doing Foundation for my Additional Science but, the problem is that I want to get a B for my Science.

But, because I am really good in ISA ( INDIVISUAL SCIENCE ASSESMENT) I have been getting A* will this bring up my GCSE level even though I am doing foundation paper. Also, there is a high chance of me getting a C.

PLEASE CAN SOMEOEN REPLY SO THEN I HAVE A CHNACE OF DOING THE HIGHER PAPER.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Why did you write it twice? That's wierd. Anyways, I don't think you can get a b on the foundation paper. I think if you really want to get a b then you should request to take the higher paper but if you did get a a* in ISA then you might get a b
Original post by Lacey125
Why did you write it twice? That's wierd. Anyways, I don't think you can get a b on the foundation paper. I think if you really want to get a b then you should request to take the higher paper but if you did get a a* in ISA then you might get a b

Thanks, But, the thing is that I have got my exam next month, so, I don't know if I can change.

Can someone actually tell me what to do. I'm so worried as this is a real GCSE exam
I want to go onto Sixth Form doing my Sciences. I NEED HELP. PLEASE HELP ME.
Original post by adam_4531
Thanks, But, the thing is that I have got my exam next month, so, I don't know if I can change.

Can someone actually tell me what to do. I'm so worried as this is a real GCSE exam

Ask parents to ask teachers
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
Ask parents to ask teachers

Thanks
Thanks

The only thing is you'll need to learn the higher content.
In my sixth form you only need a grade C to do sciences (as well as grade C in maths, and possibly English I think)

Although...think it's a C at higher tier...

Tbh you can always do applied sciences or BTEC science, the sixth form knows best and if you get really a really high grade (thanks to your ISA) then they might let you do an A-Level in science, but it only gets harder!

Also why are you doing a foundation paper if you're expecting a Grade B? Perhaps doing a higher paper would not be the best choice for you (obviously idk because I don't know your situation)

You need to find out for sure how they calculate your final grade- if you can do foundation paper's and get high C grades and then an A* in your ISA I'm not sure if that's enough to pull it up to a B Grade, seriously sit down with a teacher and talk about it, they can advise you best.

Good luck with exams!
Hi, I just want to find out, that I am going to be doing Foundation for my Science Core but, the problem is that I want to get a B for my Science.

But, because I am really good in ISA ( INDIVISUAL SCIENCE ASSESMENT) I have been getting A* will this bring up my GCSE level even though I am doing a foundation paper. Also, there is a high chance of me getting a C.

I am going to be doing Foundation for my Additional Science but, the problem is that I want to get a B for my Science.

But, because I am really good in ISA ( INDIVISUAL SCIENCE ASSESMENT) I have been getting A* will this bring up my GCSE level even though I am doing foundation paper. Also, there is a high chance of me getting a C.

PLEASE CAN SOMEOEN REPLY SO THEN I HAVE A CHNACE OF DOING THE HIGHER PAPER.

I was in your situation except I asked my school to move me to higher paper last year and they said that you have to get a B on the higher paper and I did and then after that I kept on getting A's. Ask your school if they have already submitted which paper you will sit, if they already have then you can't do anything about it, if they haven't tell them to move you to higher tier.

If your really desperate like me when I was, I told my teacher I wanted to do biology chemistry physics a levels, he agreed me doing higher because of that so try and convince him/her if you can
Original post by zXcodeXz
I was in your situation except I asked my school to move me to higher paper last year and they said that you have to get a B on the higher paper and I did and then after that I kept on getting A's. Ask your school if they have already submitted which paper you will sit, if they already have then you can't do anything about it, if they haven't tell them to move you to higher tier.

Thanks. The only thing is that they have issued me with a paper stating when my exam will be, the time, the exam board, the duration and whether i am doing f foundation or higher.

It says foundation.
My exam is next month 17th.

I don't know what to do.
Thanks. The only thing is that they have issued me with a paper stating when my exam will be, the time, the exam board, the duration and whether i am doing f foundation or higher.

It says foundation.
My exam is next month 17th.

I don't know what to do.

Ok immediately ask your teacher wether if he/she has submitted you for foundation
Original post by Notions97
In my sixth form you only need a grade C to do sciences (as well as grade C in maths, and possibly English I think)

Although...think it's a C at higher tier...

Tbh you can always do applied sciences or BTEC science, the sixth form knows best and if you get really a really high grade (thanks to your ISA) then they might let you do an A-Level in science, but it only gets harder!

Also why are you doing a foundation paper if you're expecting a Grade B? Perhaps doing a higher paper would not be the best choice for you (obviously idk because I don't know your situation)

You need to find out for sure how they calculate your final grade- if you can do foundation paper's and get high C grades and then an A* in your ISA I'm not sure if that's enough to pull it up to a B Grade, seriously sit down with a teacher and talk about it, they can advise you best.

Good luck with exams!

Thanks very Much :tongue:)

I'm really sorry but you can't do anything because they have already submitted you to do the foundation paper and there is only one month left.
Original post by Lacey125
I'm really sorry but you can't do anything because they have already submitted you to do the foundation paper and there is only one month left.

Thanks very Much. But, do you think I can get a B if I get a C in my exams but, because i have got an A* in my ISA do you think this will change my grade.

Plus, for my Additional Science will I be able to do the Higher Tier.
Reply 14
Thanks very Much. But, do you think I can get a B if I get a C in my exams but, because i have got an A* in my ISA do you think this will change my grade.

Plus, for my Additional Science will I be able to do the Higher Tier.

Which exam board is this on? You should be able to find out whether you can get a B on the specification. I was on Edexcel and in the same situation and I got a high C in the paper and an A* in the ISA, and I got a strong B. It depends on the percentage weight that the ISA makes up of your final grade though.
Original post by Abeh
Which exam board is this on? You should be able to find out whether you can get a B on the specification. I was on Edexcel and in the same situation and I got a high C in the paper and an A* in the ISA, and I got a strong B. It depends on the percentage weight that the ISA makes up of your final grade though.

Hi, Thanks.

My exam board is AQA. How do I check for this.
Hi, Thanks.

My exam board is AQA. How do I check for this.

Your ISA should be 25% of your grade then , I did AQA Core and Additional Science too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending