The Student Room Group

help

this is the first time i have spoken about this. i have not ever mentioned this to anyone- not even anonymously. it just makes me feel so sick and sometimes i like to not believe it happened to me. im getting really good at forgetting about it. when i was a little girl, i was abused. sexually abused, by a family member. years after, he started threatening me with it. saying how he will tell everyone [i was still young], if i didnt do it again. i cried so much, whilst he rubbed his body against mine and touched me. i felt so sick. i dont talk to him now or can even look at him. were both grown up, and when i see him [which is very very rarely], i have this rage, he has no remorse, nothing! doesnt even acknowledge what he did. doesnt even lower his gaze. it made me so damaged. my life shortly after just spiralled...things took a wrong turn, at school and home- wasnt ever able to really deal with things

but lately ive been thinking..i havent ever been in a relationship and im scared. what if it brings back memories..being with a guy and all. what if i get flashbacks? if, one day i do find someone do i tell them? how shall i deal with things.
Im sorry to hear this :/
Situations like this can be stressing, and it can feel worse when more people in your life know about it.

Dont worry about being in a relationship, just be patient and try and find the right guy, rushing into relationships will only get you hurt, and you will find guys who are only after you for sex.

AS for what he did, it rages me reading about it, I know a child can feel vulnerable in a situation like this.

Its up to you how strong your bond is to tell them.
I cant say iv been in the same situation as you, but I sympathize for private reasons.

If you feel you ever want to talk to someone, I know you want to keep private, but im all open to any kind of discussion if you shoot me a pm.
Reply 2
Original post by ripjonsnow
Im sorry to hear this :/
Situations like this can be stressing, and it can feel worse when more people in your life know about it.

Dont worry about being in a relationship, just be patient and try and find the right guy, rushing into relationships will only get you hurt, and you will find guys who are only after you for sex.

AS for what he did, it rages me reading about it, I know a child can feel vulnerable in a situation like this.

Its up to you how strong your bond is to tell them.
I cant say iv been in the same situation as you, but I sympathize for private reasons.

If you feel you ever want to talk to someone, I know you want to keep private, but im all open to any kind of discussion if you shoot me a pm.

thank you for your help. ive been thinking about it alot lately as theres a guy and well you know. i just dont want to get hurt ;/ i dont ever want to bring this up again, but im scared that, if i am with someone, it will just all come back to me. i feel like if once one person knows...everyone soon will find out. which makes it so difficult dealing with it all
Original post by Anonymous
thank you for your help. ive been thinking about it alot lately as theres a guy and well you know. i just dont want to get hurt ;/ i dont ever want to bring this up again, but im scared that, if i am with someone, it will just all come back to me. i feel like if once one person knows...everyone soon will find out. which makes it so difficult dealing with it all

I see.
If you feel its something you want to say, perhaps only trust him with this knowledge when your are deeper in a relationship? That way you can tell if he really shows love and affection for you,and whether you can trust him with this information, and he would comfort you appropriately.

I understand that if 1 other person knows, theres a risk of that information being leaked, directly or indirectly.

Dont think about what others think.At the end of the day you were a victim, and some scum will to be dealt with one way or another by god; lets hope its sooner or later.
Letting others know will damage your self esteem and your confidence in yourself (the more people that know).
I recommend keeping it private; but thats me.

Perhaps seek counseling?
If you are at Uni you could perhaps seek counseling; at first i was scared and hesitant to share my problems with them, but it really helps; especially since everything is kept confidential; they can tell you how to cope and deal with this situation.
Reply 4
I see.
If you feel its something you want to say, perhaps only trust him with this knowledge when your are deeper in a relationship? That way you can tell if he really shows love and affection for you,and whether you can trust him with this information, and he would comfort you appropriately.

I understand that if 1 other person knows, theres a risk of that information being leaked, directly or indirectly.

Dont think about what others think.At the end of the day you were a victim, and some scum will to be dealt with one way or another by god; lets hope its sooner or later.
Letting others know will damage your self esteem and your confidence in yourself (the more people that know).
I recommend keeping it private; but thats me.

Perhaps seek counseling?
If you are at Uni you could perhaps seek counseling; at first i was scared and hesitant to share my problems with them, but it really helps; especially since everything is kept confidential; they can tell you how to cope and deal with this situation.

i could see how counselling will be helpful. its just tough process and really difficult to talk about.

thank you so much for responding, it really feels like i have it off my chest. feeling very relieved and better- just letting it out

thank you :smile:
i could see how counselling will be helpful. its just tough process and really difficult to talk about.

thank you so much for responding, it really feels like i have it off my chest. feeling very relieved and better- just letting it out

thank you :smile:

I went to my first counseling session today, I thought it would be hard to come out and explain everything. I even cried. But at the end of it, I felt so much better.
I had been bottling up these emotions for about 4 years, and today was the first time I seeked help. it was really helpful to me :smile:

The way it worked at my uni, is that they ask you to tick some boxes of some vague questions about how you feel. Then in the interview, its a one-one door closed and they just go through the questions, where you would be able to openly talk about your issues.

At first i thought I wouldnt be able to talk about it, but It was easier to talk about it than I thought.

I wish you the best of luck :smile:
Reply 6
I went to my first counseling session today, I thought it would be hard to come out and explain everything. I even cried. But at the end of it, I felt so much better.
I had been bottling up these emotions for about 4 years, and today was the first time I seeked help. it was really helpful to me :smile:

The way it worked at my uni, is that they ask you to tick some boxes of some vague questions about how you feel. Then in the interview, its a one-one door closed and they just go through the questions, where you would be able to openly talk about your issues.

At first i thought I wouldnt be able to talk about it, but It was easier to talk about it than I thought.

I wish you the best of luck :smile:

wow im so happy for you! thats really good!
sorry you had a tough time though. ive been thinking about counselling for a while, it has crossed my mind..but not for this reason. i just think i can never talk about it with someone. never ever lol
im just tired of feeling so broken. :/

and thank you again
wow im so happy for you! thats really good!
sorry you had a tough time though. ive been thinking about counselling for a while, it has crossed my mind..but not for this reason. i just think i can never talk about it with someone. never ever lol
im just tired of feeling so broken. :/

and thank you again

The same reasons as you was the main reason I saught out help,
I have been feeling broken for a while (depression issue).

I thought the exact same too "I can never talk or share this with anyone". But I was shocked at how helpful they were.
I openly discussed my "negative" thoughts, and they were really good at helping me overcome them. They never told me off, or made ti seem like im in the wrong.

I feel even better knowing she cant tell her colleagues about our discussion, due to a confidentiality signed at the beginning.

Im just a stranger on the net, but if you wish to express your feeling more to me anonymosuly and off of this forum, I will work out a way to setup anonymous comms (private Tinychat, no cam -> can use temp account).

No need to thank me :smile:
I wish the best for you!
Reply 8
The same reasons as you was the main reason I saught out help,
I have been feeling broken for a while (depression issue).

I thought the exact same too "I can never talk or share this with anyone". But I was shocked at how helpful they were.
I openly discussed my "negative" thoughts, and they were really good at helping me overcome them. They never told me off, or made ti seem like im in the wrong.

I feel even better knowing she cant tell her colleagues about our discussion, due to a confidentiality signed at the beginning.

Im just a stranger on the net, but if you wish to express your feeling more to me anonymosuly and off of this forum, I will work out a way to setup anonymous comms (private Tinychat, no cam -> can use temp account).

No need to thank me :smile:
I wish the best for you!

I'm sorry to hear about your depression, and I'm glad you were able to seek help, that actually benefitted you! Glad you're on the mend!

Had a little think, And I think I'll pm you :/ [if you don't recieve a message from me, it's probably because I backed out lol]
I'm sorry to hear about your depression, and I'm glad you were able to seek help, that actually benefitted you! Glad you're on the mend!

Had a little think, And I think I'll pm you :/ [if you don't receive a message from me, it's probably because I backed out lol]

No problem :smile:

Only message me if your feel comfortable with doing so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending