The Student Room Group

Why did this recruitment agency call me?

A recruitment agency left me a message saying they found my CV on CV Library and they have a 'couple of interesting jobs for me' and to call them back.

I looked on their website and searched for vacancies to see what sort of jobs they have and then looked on reed, cv library etc to see the jobs they advertise and ALL of their roles (and i mean, all the hundreds of them that they have posted) are either jobs that you need a degree for or highly technical and senior roles in manufacturing etc... the only work experience i have on my CV is being a kitchen porter, a cafe assistant and working on a production line packing stuff

is this just bait or do they really have a job for me? :colonhash: i know recruitment agencies use all sorts of tricks and lies....:colonhash: plus who the hell calls up someone with experience like mine if i didnt even apply for any of their jobs? it seems fishy.
Original post by lolakirk
A recruitment agency left me a message saying they found my CV on CV Library and they have a 'couple of interesting jobs for me' and to call them back.

I looked on their website and searched for vacancies to see what sort of jobs they have and then looked on reed, cv library etc to see the jobs they advertise and ALL of their roles (and i mean, all the hundreds of them that they have posted) are either jobs that you need a degree for or highly technical and senior roles in manufacturing etc... the only work experience i have on my CV is being a kitchen porter, a cafe assistant and working on a production line packing stuff

is this just bait or do they really have a job for me? :colonhash: i know recruitment agencies use all sorts of tricks and lies....:colonhash: plus who the hell calls up someone with experience like mine if i didnt even apply for any of their jobs? it seems fishy.

It sounds like their just fishing for people, is this the first time it happened to you?
Not all jobs that they are filling will be advertised on websites and many large recruitment companies have divisions that deal with hospitality and various semi-skilled work, both of which you would be qualified for. Recruitment companies do fish for people, and do like to have people on their books, but it is entirely possible they have any number of things available that you'd be able to do. Call them and find out.
They might have a relevant job for you, but generally recruiters cast a pretty big net. If they think they can sell you to a client and earn commission they will probably try regardless of whether its a good fit.

But you can't loose anything by calling, just remember it is literally their job to try and sell you this role so keep critical.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending