The Student Room Group

Is my boyfriend cheating on me or am I being paranoid?

I feel pretty silly writing this but I really need outside opinion on my situation. I've been with my boyfriend for about 6 months. We both go to the same uni but hes a year older. Our relationship started of as a drunk hook up that went on for just over a month, where we would get together whenever we were at the same party. During our hooking up, we would spend the mornings together cuddling and talking and I realised I actually liked him as a person and told him that I didn't want to continue things as they were as I started to like him. He told me he liked me back and we started dating (not official) for about 1 month where we would actually do things together outside the bedroom like go on dates and pretty much act like a couple. He also introduced me to his friends and he met mine. After that we made thing pretty much official even though neither of us saw or talked to other people during our 1 month of just dating anyway. Now I would say we have a pretty good relationship. We see each other pretty much everyday even though hes busy with uni work and a job, our sex life is also pretty amazing, we text everyday, rarely argue (when we do its very fair and he usually tries his best to calm me down and resolve the issue, hes never got aggressive with me) he buys me little thoughtful gifts from time to time and compliments me often.
Probably my biggest concern is that he pretty much takes his phone everywhere with him. He rarely leaves it and even takes it to the bathroom with him. I can sometimes hear him watching videos or opening snapchats when hes in the bathroom, however could it mean that he's also talking to other girls and doesn't want to leave his phone alone in case I see it? He usually spends a while in the bathroom with his phone and it concerns me. He is way more outgoing than I am and has more friends and I know he talks to a lot of people in general, but just the fact that he takes his phone to the bathroom with him pretty much everytime that bothers me. Otherwise he's not really that secretive with his phone (has a password on it but so do I and most people I know) and hes dosent mind scrolling through his phone while im next to him or reply to messages. I also seen him type in his password a few times so its not like hes making sure I dont know it. However I still can't help but wonder why he has to have the phone on him all the time. Its been like this from the start so its not like it just started happening but I am literally going crazy with suspicions. What do you think? Is there a way I can subtly ask without accusing him or sounding crazy?
nothing serious I don't think.
In the bathroom I think he might be jerking off that's all.
In the old days men took a newspaper to the loo with them.

Now it's the phone.

Not a problem, except it's not so useful if the loo paper runs out.
You have to trust him. If it annoys you that much, hen ask him why he seems attached to his phone. Dont break into his phone without realising it breaches a massive trust issue and if h found out then its probably over anyway.
My partner always takes his phone to the loo too and ends up in there forever just watching cat videos and reading gaming crap lol I don't think u have anything to worry about he is just 'toilet surfing' lol
Reply 5
It doesn't sound like his hiding anything from you, especially pooping or others have said fondling himself in the toilet. :biggrin: Besides, if he was talking to other girls (in that way) then in the presence of you would be the dumbest thing any guy would do if they was cheating... So they tend not to unless they really are dumb. It seems like you're in a healthy relationship with him, arguments are resolved quickly and he hasn't ever given you any other reason to think anything other than taking a long pooping session in the toilet with his phone. Loo's can be boring, and phones can be distressing. I mean IF it does bother you so much as to why he's so overly attatched to his phone, I'm not sure if confronting him is a great idea. It COULD strike up an unnecessary arguement with him feeling as though you're not giving him enough space or like questioning him on what he enjoys doing in his spare time besides hanging with you. At the same time...if you don't ask, you don't get so...
Hope you get this resolved! Try not to over think things, it sounds like it's going well and it's still quite early doors. Goodluck with everything!
Reply 6
Original post by chazwomaq
In the old days men took a newspaper to the loo with them.

Now it's the phone.

Not a problem, except it's not so useful if the loo paper runs out.

My sister would usually call someone else in the house and tell them to bring her toilet paper.

But yeah, a lot of people always have their phone on them in the loo. Including my sister and my dad who would sometimes run for his phone before the loo. Probably mostly for entertainment reasons, maybe in case they got an important phone call. I think you're being a bit paranoid.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
I just don't get why he has to have the phone on him all the time? I use my phone a lot but usually dont feel the need to take it to the bathroom with me. And even when hes in the bathroom half the time i dont think hes 'pooping' but i just feel like hes sitting on his phone?
Original post by greymoon_
I just don't get why he has to have the phone on him all the time? I use my phone a lot but usually dont feel the need to take it to the bathroom with me. And even when hes in the bathroom half the time i dont think hes 'pooping' but i just feel like hes sitting on his phone?

You would be surprised at how easy it is to lose track of time when you're on the toilet with your phone.
It doesn't mean anything.

He's allowed to take his phone to the toilet.
Original post by greymoon_

Next time he does it just ask him why he always takes his phone in. Unless he gets very defensive, I wouldn't worry about it.

My boyfriend sometimes takes his whole laptop into the bathroom. :lolwut:
Original post by Maestosa

My boyfriend sometimes takes his whole laptop into the bathroom. :lolwut:

Tbf I'm guilty of doing that too :P

To the OP, it really doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about. He's not hiding anything: you know his password and he's happy to scroll through messages in front of you. Pretty much everyone I know takes their phone into the toilet with them. If that's all you're basing this on then you're definitely overreacting.
I think you're being paranoid. I take my phone to the toilet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending