The Student Room Group

Do you believe in God or not?

Scroll to see replies

I believe that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad (PBUH) is his messenger.
Original post by champ_mc99
What the argument does is try to make it seem irrational for God's existence which is what it fails to did. Analyzing this argument the way I have doesn't require any rules that these religions have laid out to be broken.

One could argue that it IS irrational because there is no evidence for a deity in the first place. Otherwise anyone could invent any mythological creature and argue its existence on the hypothetical that it already exists and thus claim that it isn't irrational which is of course absurd.
Im not sure but I dont have no view. Those who say there is no but allah mohammed is his messenger thats not true. Jesus is just another false messaih aswell, im not a jew.
Original post by B00510
I am a Christian and I believe in God .

Some people don't believe in God and I understand but some people don't believe due to some personal issues. In the movie "God's Not Dead" a philosophy professor who doesn't believe in God said "I hate God" but the student who is proving that God exist and is real had a come back for this and said "How can you hate someone who doesn't even exist?"

I encourage you to watch "God's Not Dead" it is a really good movie debating if God exists or not.

Are you serious? "God's Not Dead" is one of the worst films I've ever seen, full of fallacies and arguments that have been debunked millions of times. And surprise surprise, they made the atheist in the film to be the insufferable douchebag.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
One could argue that it IS irrational because there is no evidence for a deity in the first place. Otherwise anyone could invent any mythological creature and argue its existence on the hypothetical that it already exists and thus claim that it isn't irrational which is of course absurd.

But then your initial argument of "what created God?" is pointless and the "no evidence for a deity" can be used whenever one finds that their argument fails. For example, if you were to point out (and I'm sure you will) that if God were to exist, he is cruel. Then if I were to use counter arguments to justified reasons of why he is not cruel, then it isn't exactly fair for you to say "anyway that doesn't matter because there's no evidence for God".

Original post by *Stefan*
How is it? It's directly relevant to the question of the thread itself. Aside from the peripheral issues, the point is "prove that God exists and that he created the university and was not himself created" - I've yet to receive an answer to this.

And you shall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure keep it here if you wish.
Lol. I've seen this argument a few times. Doesn't go well I'm afraid.

It's not an argument, its an expression of my faith.:smile:
But then your initial argument of "what created God?" is pointless and the "no evidence for a deity" can be used whenever one finds that their argument fails. For example, if you were to point out (and I'm sure you will) that if God were to exist, he is cruel. Then if I were to use counter arguments to justified reasons of why he is not cruel, then it isn't exactly fair for you to say "anyway that doesn't matter because there's no evidence for God".

I didn't ask what created God, just said that a being who created the universe isn't necessarily God.

It wouldn't be fair if the discussion was about God's personality traits, but this one is about his existence so that must be proven and not simply assumed otherwise there is nothing really that is being debated.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I didn't ask what created God, just said that a being who created the universe isn't necessarily God.

It wouldn't be fair if the discussion was about God's personality traits, but this one is about his existence so that must be proven and not simply assumed otherwise there is nothing really that is being debated.

Ok sure. But why ask the question "What created God?" instead of instantly asking "Where is the evidence?"
Ok sure. But why ask the question "What created God?" instead of instantly asking "Where is the evidence?"

That question is being asked now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending