The Student Room Group

What if I go to a different university?

Since we have to apply for student finance by the 27th May, I put on my application that I will be studying Philosophy at Cambridge as that is my first choice and I used Cambridge for my term time address. But, given that I am taking my A2 exams in June, I don't know yet whether I will actually meet the grades for Cambridge. What happens if I end up going to my insurance choice or another uni through clearing? Do I not get the loan?
Original post by Platopus
Since we have to apply for student finance by the 27th May, I put on my application that I will be studying Philosophy at Cambridge as that is my first choice and I used Cambridge for my term time address. But, given that I am taking my A2 exams in June, I don't know yet whether I will actually meet the grades for Cambridge. What happens if I end up going to my insurance choice or another uni through clearing? Do I not get the loan?

You can simply change the uni details on your online account:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
You can simply change the uni details on your online account:smile:

And that won't nullify my application or mean that I have to wait all over again?

Also, I can't see an option for editing my term time address on my online account. Will this be automatically changed?
And that won't nullify my application or mean that I have to wait all over again?

Also, I can't see an option for editing my term tine address on my online account. Will this be automatically changed?

Nope, unless you change you a london uni then your application will remain the same, so not wait needed:smile:
That's strange it always let me change my address quite easily, worst case scenario they can easily sort it over for phone for you:smile:
Reply 4
Nope, unless you change you a london uni then your application will remain the same, so not wait needed:smile:
That's strange it always let me change my address quite easily, worst case scenario they can easily sort it over for phone for you:smile:

It will let me change my address on the "my detail" page. However, on my application I said that my term time address would be my Cambridge College and this isn't listed on the my details page so I can't change it. I guess if I was going to a different university they would ask me for my term time address again?
It will let me change my address on the "my detail" page. However, on my application I said that my term time address would be my Cambridge College and this isn't listed on the my details page so I can't change it. I guess if I was going to a different university they would ask me for my term time address again?

Yes I think they would :smile:
Reply 6
Yes I think they would :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending