The Student Room Group

Would a muslim girl date an atheist?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shiv Loves Maths
xx

No. In most cases (if not all), a practising Muslim definitely won't marry an atheist.
Original post by KaminiZindagi
u just assumed i am muslim because of the pak flag. that is not very smart of you or hot

Posted from TSR Mobile

hot?
Reply 22
Original post by Multiculturalism
Muslim women are not allowed to marry atheists

https://islamqa.info/en/21380

says who m8
Depends what you mean by Muslim, If they are fully practising then most likely they wouldn't date an atheist as it contradicts their belief system.

Either way I'm not sure why an Atheist would want to date a Muslim girl given all the hassle you're likely to face if someone from her family find out.
Original post by RobML
says who m8

Says their religion!!!
If they're able to date a non-Muslim I would assume that means their immediate family is either reasonably liberal or they're going against their wishes, I'd find out which first, if it's the former then it shouldn't be an issue. Albeit that said if you wanted to have a life with them, even quite liberal older Muslims I know draw the line there, in that they'd want their daughter(s) to marry a Muslim man eventually, or at least marry someone who has a religious faith (Abrahamic ideally, though one guy I know just says he wants the partner to have a sense of God).
Original post by RobML
says who m8

I literally just linked the source :facepalm:
Nope. you can't even date in Islam.
Reply 28
Original post by Multiculturalism
I literally just linked the source :facepalm:

god isn't the president he can't tell me what to do
Original post by RobML

Dude, nobody asked you what you would do, the question relates to Muslim girls who by virtue of being Muslim take their order from God!
Reply 30
Original post by Omen96
You should not go down that route. If they have a father, uncle, brothers, cousins and even female relatives you are at risk from being killed or acid attacked. You are a non-believer according to them and so dirt

stop this generalization
join my ama thread for more info

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jaebum
stop this generalization

They might not kill you or acid attack you but you are likely to face some trouble.
99% of muslim girls date/marry muslim guys. 0.9% probably date non-Muslims but demand they convert. The remaining 0.1% would be ok with an atheist. Now I don't know about you, but I don't like losing money so I never bet on tiny odds.
disregarding any cultural/family-will-murder-her-if-they-find-out/islam-says-no-to-dating clashes:

knowing what atheists are like
most likely she would not want to date you because atheists tend to walk around battering other religions: apart from that she will know that inside your head you think she's crazy for believing in a God. Trust me that will eventually get on her nerves knowing that you don't understand, and if she is sensible and knows herself well enough she will forsee this.

Not talking about religion is an easy solution, because do you even believe in djinns though?

Spoiler

Reply 35
Pointless question. Muslims girls are not allowed to ''date'', period.... never mind non-muslim guys, her family would not react very pleasantly to that (plenty of muslim girls have been killed for contact with non-muslim guys that wasn't even close to dating...see ''honour killings'' ). And like the other poster said, women are not allowed to marry non-muslims. What she wants is irrelevant if she wants to stay in the family/community, women's sexuality is uber-controlled in islam.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 36
Probably. I'm open to dating people outside my religon.
I don't think so...:redface:
Original post by RobML

Would an Atheist convert to Islam for a Muslim girl? If they wouldn't then they can't get married.

Unless they just got married legally and kept their faiths, then the marriage wouldn't be valid under Sharia law.
Original post by Omen96
You should not go down that route. If they have a father, uncle, brothers, cousins and even female relatives you are at risk from being killed or acid attacked. You are a non-believer according to them and so dirt

Lol, be careful I got a blue card for saying something similar a few weeks ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending