The Student Room Group

What do I apply to university with?

I know the system has changed now, so my AS grades do not go towards my final A2 grades. But I was just wondering what do I apply to university with, predicted grades or my AS?
I need BBC for the course and the university I want to apply for and for three of my subjects I'm Predicted B's in, however, I do philosophy and I know I'm going to fail this exam, but do I still have to include this grade onto the university application or just the ones I plan on doing next year, and hopefully do well in. I just don't want to include this bad grade knowing it could potentially knock the offer, also philosophy is not a requirement subject. I plan on doing sociology. Many thanks
Original post by sophiaaaloo
I know the system has changed now, so my AS grades do not go towards my final A2 grades. But I was just wondering what do I apply to university with, predicted grades or my AS?
I need BBC for the course and the university I want to apply for and for three of my subjects I'm Predicted B's in, however, I do philosophy and I know I'm going to fail this exam, but do I still have to include this grade onto the university application or just the ones I plan on doing next year, and hopefully do well in. I just don't want to include this bad grade knowing it could potentially knock the offer, also philosophy is not a requirement subject. I plan on doing sociology. Many thanks

You would be applying with both, your referee gives predicted grades as part of your reference. You have to include every grade you have for AS and Gcses, ucas states you must declare all grades not to do so is fraudulent i m afraid.
Reply 2
So if would this U disadvantage me in anyway, going on the basis I get BBB in my other subjects when the university wants BBC?
So if would this U disadvantage me in anyway, going on the basis I get BBB in my other subjects when the university wants BBC?

It's a possibility, it all depends on what all the other applicants have.

If you're predicted BBB for a BBC course then they're unlikely to give a **** about the additional AS grade (but don't assume you'll get a U til August :wink:)
Original post by claireestelle
You would be applying with both, your referee gives predicted grades as part of your reference. You have to include every grade you have for AS and Gcses, ucas states you must declare all grades not to do so is fraudulent i m afraid.

Are we meant to declare U's as well?
Original post by toetothunder
Are we meant to declare U's as well?

Yes you are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending