The Student Room Group

does this girl like me?

please help me, this is the first girl I have liked after my long term girlfriend of 4 years decided to cheat on me. Safe to say I'm a bit out of touch.

1. she approaches me - she sees me at uni and she always comes and says hello. for the last 2 weeks. Before that I have never seen her.
2. I said she had pretty hair, she then called me handsome. ( do girls usually compliment guys?)
3. the second time I saw her - she left her friend to sit next to me as their was only one space.
4. she is really slow at texting back.
5. I casually asked her out - "lets do something together soon" she said sure.
6. she lets me touch her fingers, when she was showing off her ring.

not had the old age signs of catching her look at me. but we havent spent much one on one time.

I guess the next step is to get her out on a date, and see where it leads?
Go for it! unless her ring is an engagement or a wedding ring
Original post by GlassyMarbles

Lol agreed on that haha
^ I second that! Sounds like she might be interested. Obviously you can never tell for sure but you've got nothing to lose. Even if she doesn't want to date you she'll be flattered :smile:
From what you've said I think she is interested in you, but she is not sure herself about her feelings that's why she's sending slightly mixed signals (i'm referring to her showing off her ring and being slow at replying). Either that or she doesn't know if you feel the same way and is trying to play it cool so she doesn't get hurt.

My advice to you is go on this date that you suggested and if it feels right, kiss her at the end. From there you'll probably know what her feelings are and how strong yours are for her. I hope that helps :smile:
Reply 5
There is only one way to find out and that is to ask her out!
Original post by Anonymous
please help me, this is the first girl I have liked after my long term girlfriend of 4 years decided to cheat on me. Safe to say I'm a bit out of touch.

1. she approaches me - she sees me at uni and she always comes and says hello. for the last 2 weeks. Before that I have never seen her.
2. I said she had pretty hair, she then called me handsome. ( do girls usually compliment guys?)
3. the second time I saw her - she left her friend to sit next to me as their was only one space.

not had the old age signs of catching her look at me. but we havent spent much one on one time.

i genuinely compliment boys when i want, but if i liked you a lot i would normally type back a little more faster.
No need to kill hopes, maybe it's her style.
You seem good so far, ask her on a date. Since she's slightly different in a good way, make the date unique too :wink:

Good luck

She's a keeper
Original post by GlassyMarbles

or an eternity ring

it certainly looks to be in your favour so set a date nothing over the top just modest will do
Go for it ^^ It sounds like she's interested.
Original post by Andy-22
There is only one way to find out and that is to ask her out!

Or he can flirt with her until he gets the confirmation kiss :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tictactao
From what you've said I think she is interested in you, but she is not sure herself about her feelings that's why she's sending slightly mixed signals (i'm referring to her showing off her ring and being slow at replying). Either that or she doesn't know if you feel the same way and is trying to play it cool so she doesn't get hurt.

My advice to you is go on this date that you suggested and if it feels right, kiss her at the end. From there you'll probably know what her feelings are and how strong yours are for her. I hope that helps :smile:

well the only the to ask her out is when she gets down to replying to the message and still nothing yet. the last message was her telling me, I hope you still find me pretty in 10 years time. so a bit flirty.
Original post by priyaasin
i genuinely compliment boys when i want, but if i liked you a lot i would normally type back a little more faster.
No need to kill hopes, maybe it's her style.
You seem good so far, ask her on a date. Since she's slightly different in a good way, make the date unique too :wink:

Good luck

thanks,

well im still waiting on her reply. The last message was her saying, I hope you still find me pretty in 10 years time, so she does flirt.
but only way I can get her on a date, is when she replies.

I Dont get her problem. Another girl who I met, no signs of interest at all in person. I message her today after 3 months of not seeing her, and she replies so quickly, some of them instant.
thanks,

well im still waiting on her reply. The last message was her saying, I hope you still find me pretty in 10 years time, so she does flirt.
but only way I can get her on a date, is when she replies.

I Dont get her problem. Another girl who I met, no signs of interest at all in person. I message her today after 3 months of not seeing her, and she replies so quickly, some of them instant.

Maybe the other girl replied instantly because she REALLY likes you or she is just desperate for a bf. But defo ask out the girl that you like, as i think u too would suit, by what i am hearing :smile:
Original post by x-bhakti-patel
Maybe the other girl replied instantly because she REALLY likes you or she is just desperate for a bf. But defo ask out the girl that you like, as i think u too would suit, by what i am hearing :smile:

She is still replying instantly! No the other girl is really pretty. Im not sure if she does like me, from what Ive seen in person,

and yeah I like this girl because we get along well, I just have to wait, and its been over 24 hours
She is still replying instantly! No the other girl is really pretty. Im not sure if she does like me, from what Ive seen in person,

and yeah I like this girl because we get along well, I just have to wait, and its been over 24 hours

to tell u the truth 24 hrs i think is not a long time although i can understand ur frustration that the other girl is not replying, as i have had the same experience with someone i know, i was talking to them but then again they decided to answer 2-3 days afterwards. Acually i think it was longer than that, but the person i was talking to was busy with exams, so maybe that is why she may not be answering?

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending