The Student Room Group

Student finance evidence ??

Does the actual birth certificate have to be signed at the back of it or is it just the paper document?
Original post by Sophielew
Does the actual birth certificate have to be signed at the back of it or is it just the paper document?

The paper document
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
The paper document

Ok, as I thought they had to sign the back of the birth certificate too
Original post by Sophielew
Ok, as I thought they had to sign the back of the birth certificate too

Nope as you have to send the original birth certificate.
Hello I m 23 years EU student. There problem is just 5 days.
In 10/12/2012 I have come to UK and I did work for 7 months because that time my older sister she was sick we did have nobody to help her with kids and house .so I did have time to fined work .but in that time I did have any proof of address like bils or council tax phone bills and banks stetement. So I fined job and open acount in 5/11/2013 but student finance what evidence from 01/04/2013 to 05/04/2013 that time when I have living with my sister I have call them and explain everything the say that she can write letter but after week there send me letter back that says evidence that I send them is not engouh for them so there what 2014/15 so I have them but I don t know what do with 5 days that there what from me .what about if my college will write letter that is saying 11/04/2016 I start my courses is that going be evidence ? Please help me
Reply 5
Original post by Zanetka1993
Hello I m 23 years EU student. There problem is just 5 days.
In 10/12/2012 I have come to UK and I did work for 7 months because that time my older sister she was sick we did have nobody to help her with kids and house .so I did have time to fined work .but in that time I did have any proof of address like bils or council tax phone bills and banks stetement. So I fined job and open acount in 5/11/2013 but student finance what evidence from 01/04/2013 to 05/04/2013 that time when I have living with my sister I have call them and explain everything the say that she can write letter but after week there send me letter back that says evidence that I send them is not engouh for them so there what 2014/15 so I have them but I don t know what do with 5 days that there what from me .what about if my college will write letter that is saying 11/04/2016 I start my courses is that going be evidence ? Please help me

Everybody has to pay Council Tax (even unemployed people have to be registered for it), so by avoiding that you have probably shot yourself in the foot as far as Student Finance is concerned. Were you registered with a GP or dentist? Did you have any contact with a community or religious leader who might remember you? Student Finance want evidence from an independent third party, so as you have found, they won't accept a letter from a relative or friend.

If you need the Maintenance Loan as well as the Tuition Fee Loan, you may have to wait to go to university. Unfortunately the rules changed in March and new EU applicants now need to have lived in the UK for a full five years before they can get the Maintenance Loan. This means that, if your UK residency is accepted from 5/11/2013, you will be eligible for the full Student Finance package in the academic year beginning September 2019.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending