The Student Room Group

Cancelled all payments

I had my student finance approved and have the evidence letter. However, I was wondering why I hadn’t received any loan. I’m an independent student aged 25 but student finance are demanding I evidence estrangement for my dead parents. If this isn’t resolved I’m going to have to drop out of my course
Original post by halyckyi
I have been an independent student for the past 3 months. I am 25 have been supporting myself since 16 and finally have the means to go to university. Student finance are demanding that I provide evidence of estrangement for me dead parents. As an independent student I shouldn’t have to do any of this and would be unsure how to evidence my long deceased family members

Threads merged - please don't make several threads on the same subject. Questions on this forum are answered by official SFE reps during office hours. :smile:
I had my student finance approved and have the evidence letter. However, I was wondering why I hadn’t received any loan. I’m an independent student aged 25 but student finance are demanding I evidence estrangement for my dead parents. If this isn’t resolved I’m going to have to drop out of my course

Hi there,

Are your payments scheduled via your account and do they say 'awaiting confirmation' beside them? Thanks, Jason
The payments say cancelled

Hi there,

If you're able to contact us via the live chat in your account or on 0300 100 0607 we'll look into this and help you get this resolved. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending