The Student Room Group

First date rejection with a great guy. I feel insulted!

A cute guy walked into my workplace recently and he gave me his number. We started messaging and I instantly loved talking to him. we then went on a first date and honestly it was a perfect first date and he even said he liked me a lot. We laughed, held hands and even kissed. It was great but it almost felt like it was his first time being on a genuine date with a girl.

I do have feelings for him and when I gave him a compliment it was almost as if he was shocked to hear a girl even likes him in a genuine way.

Anyway all went well but I got home and I texted "had fun :smile:" he read the message and never texted back and then next day I waited, still no answer, I messaged him asking if he was okay. He replied saying he was but then told me he felt that I was "TOO INNOCENT" AND "THAT WASNT REALLY WORKING FOR ME"

I was horrified. I thought we would go somewhere. He was gorgeous obviously. but then again I knew I'd get turned down because I mean at the end of the day I'm just a loser who writes about their lost romances on a student forum because no one wants to hear me go on about me being hurt.

I dont feel entitled or anything like that. It's his choice. But it baffled me and I believe me telling him I was a virgin was off putting for him. What should matter is how I feel about him and obviously that didnt matter to him. Immaturity.

He still said he liked me but... whatever the excuse and reasoning was poor. Was that really enough to put a guy off from seeing me again?

I already miss him, but it's over before it began.

Scroll to see replies

I thought she was talking about GG. :emo:
mrw I accidentally click on a relationships thread

It seems like he just made up an excuse "too innocent" is far too cliche. Also no need to be self-deprecating, clearly you did nothing wrong... w...wait you told him you were a virgin on the first date? That seems a little forward thinking, don't you? Or at least a little bit too fast paced.
Don't say that, you are great. don't hate on yourself because one person rejected you, their loss! If you are really serious about him, you could confront him. However, you may come off as crazy and anyone who treats you with that disrespect may not be worth your time, there are many fish in the sea and you will find the right person eventually
Reply 4
soz
Original post by gamerchic
A cute guy walked into my workplace recently and he gave me his number. We started messaging and I instantly loved talking to him. we then went on a first date and honestly it was a perfect first date and he even said he liked me a lot. We laughed, held hands and even kissed. It was great but it almost felt like it was his first time being on a genuine date with a girl.

I do have feelings for him and when I gave him a compliment it was almost as if he was shocked to hear a girl even likes him in a genuine way.

Anyway all went well but I got home and I texted "had fun :smile:" he read the message and never texted back and then next day I waited, still no answer, I messaged him asking if he was okay. He replied saying he was but then told me he felt that I was "TOO INNOCENT" AND "THAT WASNT REALLY WORKING FOR ME"

I was horrified. I thought we would go somewhere. He was gorgeous obviously. but then again I knew I'd get turned down because I mean at the end of the day I'm just a loser who writes about their lost romances on a student forum because no one wants to hear me go on about me being hurt.

I dont feel entitled or anything like that. It's his choice. But it baffled me and I believe me telling him I was a virgin was off putting for him. What should matter is how I feel about him and obviously that didnt matter to him. Immaturity.

He still said he liked me but... whatever the excuse and reasoning was poor. Was that really enough to put a guy off from seeing me again?

Sometimes it doesn't work out and there's not much you can do but move on. Sorry for your bad luck, I'm sure you're a great gal.
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
I thought she was talking about GG. :emo:

GG?
yawn
Original post by ||theunknown||
i thought she was talking about gg. :emo:

same lol
Reply 9
He was probably looking for an easy lay and you being a virgin kinda gets in the way of that. Nothing wrong with you, you're likely just after different things.

Two things, firstly his response makes it sound as though he was looking for sex i.e. Something not so innocent and he didn't get it and didn't want to play the long game, but you'd be a better judge of that based on your experience

Second, you're feeling insulted because you've got an ego like most of the rest of the population and unfortunately our egos are very fragile when they're faced with anything that doesn't validate or strengthen them, because the very nature of an ego is to aid survival.
So with an ego everyone has a self-agenda, in your case it was "I want this guy to like me" and when he rejected you that went against your self-agenda and now you're hurt.

Obviously our egos are silly little things, the outside world doesnt work according to our own private little self-agendas, so now get that need off your agenda, remove your ego from the situation and move on to face the billions of other rejections your likely to face in this reality that doesn't work according to all our individual self-agendas

Sorry to go psychology on you, but that's the most powerful message I can give, I hope it helps you understand the situation better and feel better

You create your own reality regardless of outside circumstances
Original post by Asiimov
GG?

GreatGuy, i.e. massive troll.

Generally I don't think you should be telling your prospective partner that you're a virgin on your first date. Maybe he thinks that what he wants from a potential relationship is different from what you would want, or maybe he wanted to progress it faster than he thinks you would.
Huh, I have a thing for innocent girls. (well one in particular :smile:)
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
GreatGuy, i.e. massive troll.

I thought you meant Gamergate lol, I was there for the Great Greatguy takeover.
Why would you tell him you were a virgin on the first date?
You developed feelings for him after one date?

Sometimes you dont click. Dont get paranoid.
Reply 16

Yes that's exactly what you are
Reply 17
Dating is full of nasty, unanticipated, surprises. Makes it all the better when it works out. Put it behind you and keep going. Not sure it's a good sign if virginity come up on a first date either.
Reply 18
Original post by ImNotReallyMe
Two things, firstly his response makes it sound as though he was looking for sex i.e. Something not so innocent and he didn't get it and didn't want to play the long game, but you'd be a better judge of that based on your experience

Second, you're feeling insulted because you've got an ego like most of the rest of the population and unfortunately our egos are very fragile when they're faced with anything that doesn't validate or strengthen them, because the very nature of an ego is to aid survival.
So with an ego everyone has a self-agenda, in your case it was "I want this guy to like me" and when he rejected you that went against your self-agenda and now you're hurt.

Obviously our egos are silly little things, the outside world doesnt work according to our own private little self-agendas, so now get that need off your agenda, remove your ego from the situation and move on to face the billions of other rejections your likely to face in this reality that doesn't work according to all our individual self-agendas

Sorry to go psychology on you, but that's the most powerful message I can give, I hope it helps you understand the situation better and feel better

You create your own reality regardless of outside circumstances

This statement is false.

To the OP this is not my own view but some guys think that virgins get too clingy after sex, perhaps this may have been the case with this guy you met.
(edited 7 years ago)

You're not the loser. HE is. Chin up, it's his loss.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending