The Student Room Group

Muslims: Would you marry a non muslim?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Would you marry a non muslim if you loved them? And I mean if you truly loved them; you wanted to spend the rest of your lives together. Not just mere infatuation or lust.

Also what would you think if the non muslim wanted to raise your kids as muslims but was not one themselves?

I think that if you truly love someone, you should be able to be together, no matter what.

No rude comments which are offensive please. Also nobody try to start a fight. I am just curious to know about this.

Thank you in advance!:smile:

I think that it is important to follow your heart and if you are in love with a non-Muslim then you should go and follow your heart because at. The end of the day if you don't you may regret it later on in life
Regardless of whether or not it's Islamically allowed, I personally wouldn't. It wouldn't work in the long term mainly because we'd have very different outlooks on life, different lifestyles, different sense of purpose etc. Depends how religious the Muslim in question is. For a relationship to work there needs to be some common ground.
my ex step dad (muslim) married my mum for a green card.
she deported him

turns out he didnt want to do the compulsory military service
Original post by Sara_t
Regardless of whether or not it's Islamically allowed, I personally wouldn't. It wouldn't work in the long term mainly because we'd have very different outlooks on life, different lifestyles, different sense of purpose etc. Depends how religious the Muslim in question is. For a relationship to work there needs to be some common ground.

my friend was a non-muslim, her partner is a muslim. she actually converted
I wouldn't let myself fall in love with a non-muslim tbh...don't want to deal with the issue of conversion (I wouldn't be able to force him to convert) and parents...
Original post by shawtyb
my ex step dad (muslim) married my mum for a green card.
she deported him

turns out he didnt want to do the compulsory military service

such a tragic love story, made me lol.
Original post by saeed9755
such a tragic love story, made me lol.

haha yea, he was a knob tbf.
we did get free kebabs though as he used to live with the other illegal immigrants in the kebab shop below our house (masonette)
Original post by akeel1001
They enjoin evil, and forbid what is just, and are close with their hands. They have forgotten God; so He hath forgotten them. Verily the Hypocrites are rebellious and perverse. (The Noble Quran, 9:67)"how are u being better muslim when ur with non muslim? please explain like we say want to be one or drop it all together stop trying to confuse other people

JUST BE HONEST AND NEXT THING U WILL BE SAYING ISIS ARE MUSLIM IDIOT

isis reading namaz

ur like this girl i know she was in same situation as u she finally admitted shes an atheist but does not matter as she from raja clan

Wait, what?

You don't know me. You don't know how much of a believer I am, so why judge me that way?

Please do not compare me with this girl.
Original post by Alisa59
This is hard to explain, so let me try.

I'm in love with a non-muslim, and yes, I would definitely spend the rest of my life with that person.
However, since the rules say that a muslim woman cannot marry a non-muslim man, then it would be difficult. I would just wait and let him convert to Islam. If he doesn't, then I'll be sad I guess.

For your second question, I disagree. He should at least be muslim according to the rules. I can say it's fair, but I'm kinda strict and striving to be a better muslim.

I agree with your statement. I have some negative comments from my relatives about this. I'm trying hard to put my trust in God and make it work.

If you say you're in a love with a non-Muslim, you're going against Islam and telling everyone here that you're doing it. You can't call yourself strict when you do things like this openly.

I'm sorry but that is not strict. Strict is doing the bare minimum like praying 5 times and staying away from haram. Dating a fellow Muslim is haram in itself but dating a non-Muslim is whole other bowl of haram. I have seen strict people and this is not strict. Perhaps you are trying to be better but you're not strict, not yet.
Reply 109
Original post by Biryani007
I wouldn't let myself fall in love with a non-muslim tbh...don't want to deal with the issue of conversion (I wouldn't be able to force him to convert) and parents...

You can't choose not to fall in love with someone.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 110
Original post by Passion Fruit
Islam is peaceful and tolerant, these rules applied to a different era when Islam was in danger, now Islam is safe Muslims are free to pursue love and happiness.

You're joking, right?
Conflict between mind and heart , hmm guess my penis wins
If you say you're in a love with a non-Muslim, you're going against Islam and telling everyone here that you're doing it. You can't call yourself strict when you do things like this openly.

I'm sorry but that is not strict. Strict is doing the bare minimum like praying 5 times and staying away from haram. Dating a fellow Muslim is haram in itself but dating a non-Muslim is whole other bowl of haram. I have seen strict people and this is not strict. Perhaps you are trying to be better but you're not strict, not yet.

I'm not dating that person.
I'm not strict, but I try to.
I disagree with you saying that it's against Islam to love a non-muslim. Sorry, but that's lame.

Thanks for telling me. I'll do better next time. :smile:
Yes I would. However I'd try and talk them into becoming a muslim as soon as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Josb
You can't choose not to fall in love with someone.

Comes from a crush...if you take action before it turns into love then you can stop it...
Nope. The difference in religion would get in the way eventually. It wouldn't be fair on me or her.
Original post by Alisa59
I'm not dating that person.
I'm not strict, but I try to.
I disagree with you saying that it's against Islam to love a non-muslim. Sorry, but that's lame.

Thanks for telling me. I'll do better next time. :smile:

With all due respect, the vast majority of people don't just see a person on the street and say they're in love with him/her. There must've been something haram done e.g. flirting joking etc... to make you say you love him.
In the context of a Muslim women loving a non-Muslim man relationshipwise, then yes that's not good. The same applies to e.g. a Muslim man and an athiest women who hes fallen in love with.

You're welcome.
Original post by Biryani007
Comes from a crush...if you take action before it turns into love then you can stop it...

This josb guy loves sticking his nose into every muslim thread, even though he dislikes us.

Prepare yourself for a probably endless argument with the wasteman.
With all due respect, the vast majority of people don't just see a person on the street and say they're in love with him/her. There must've been something haram done e.g. flirting joking etc... to make you say you love him.
In the context of a Muslim women loving a non-Muslim man relationshipwise, then yes that's not good. The same applies to e.g. a Muslim man and an athiest women who hes fallen in love with.

You're welcome.

Ok. He is a friend. What do you expect?

Thanks, but no thanks. Your advice is strict and lame. If you want to advise another person in the correct way, make it easy for them.

Have a nice day.
Well a muslim man can marry a non muslim woman as long as she is Christian or Jewish but the children must be muslim. Dont know if its the same with woman.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending