The Student Room Group

Bored at work ? What to do ?

Well I graduated last year from uni with a 2.1 in Criminology and forensics. Initially I was looking for jobs in the place which im currently undergoing vetting.

Now I work in a call centre and im so bored it unbelievable, its so dull, however I put up with it. Sometimes I just end up thinking what I need to do with my life so far. But how do you overcome boredom at work ?

I was thinking maybe gym or boxing to help pass the time ? Any idea's ? How are graduates coping ?
Reply 1
BUMP
Reply 2
Gym at work?

Call centres can be enjoyable or boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by SMEGGGY
Gym at work?

Call centres can be enjoyable or boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No gym at work lol. I meant if I have gym outside of work I'll look forward to it when I'm working. Thereby work being less boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redleader1
Well I graduated last year from uni with a 2.1 in Criminology and forensics. Initially I was looking for jobs in the place which im currently undergoing vetting.

Now I work in a call centre and im so bored it unbelievable, its so dull, however I put up with it. Sometimes I just end up thinking what I need to do with my life so far. But how do you overcome boredom at work ?

I was thinking maybe gym or boxing to help pass the time ? Any idea's ? How are graduates coping ?

I hate call centre jobs. They are boring.
Apply for all the Trainne Recruitment Consultant jobs online on Reed,
CV Library, Indeed, Monster websites and go into Reed and other walk in agencies on the high street with your cv. They always prefer people with degrees or any qualifications so it should be easy to get and its way more interesting and pays better than call centres. In Trainee recruitment you don't need any experience and you can earn up to £40,000 or £100,000 a year depending on what company you apply to so apply for every Trainee recruitment jobs you see as the wages vary with different companies. Some companies even pay for employees to go on holiday abroad like Las Vegas, New york, Dubai so anyone looking for a job even if they have never had a job before should apply for those jobs because call centres, retail jobs pay crap, low paid wages
Reply 5
Original post by Judge Judy
I hate call centre jobs. They are boring.
Apply for all the Trainne Recruitment Consultant jobs online on Reed,
CV Library, Indeed, Monster websites and go into Reed and other walk in agencies on the high street with your cv. They always prefer people with degrees or any qualifications so it should be easy to get and its way more interesting and pays better than call centres. In Trainee recruitment you don't need any experience and you can earn up to £40,000 or £100,000 a year depending on what company you apply to so apply for every Trainee recruitment jobs you see as the wages vary with different companies. Some companies even pay for employees to go on holiday abroad like Las Vegas, New york, Dubai so anyone looking for a job even if they have never had a job before should apply for those jobs because call centres, retail jobs pay crap, low paid wages

Do you work in recruitment ?

No, i have done 2 jobs in Admin, Reception but a few in retail but i started applying for Trainee recruitment online because i never knew about it before. I just wish someone had told me about it years ago and told me i did not need any experience then i would not have taken low paid jobs i knew i never really wanted so that's why i try to tell everyone about it because most people think they need experience first and it amazes me that so many people with degrees or any qualifications don't know about it because it's way better career than retail and it pays good money. Even if you have never worked before they will train you. If i had a degree i would be confident enough to go to a walk in agency on the high street because they can get you these jobs quicker.
But i am going back to college but to do a music course because that's what i really want to do. If i was offered a jib i would be in a dilemna whether to accept it or go back to college.

It might not be what everyone wants to do but i think it's better than call centre, Mcdonalds, retail because of the benefits and opportunity to make money and extra commission on top.

I tried to do a call centre job years ago but i hated it so much that i only stayed one day.

I don't have a degree but i still apply if it says they only want people with degrees because i do get a few replies back. I had one interview, 2 telephone interviews, and one company wanted to interview me by skype. But i just take chances even if i'm not confident i'll be any good at it because i will never know if i don't try and that's what i try to tell other people because i have a friend who has no confidence and never applies for it because of that reason but she will never succeed in anything because she's too lazy to take a risk and try something different.
If i told her about that or Admin job that pays £25,000 a year or more and the job description says she does not need experience she still would not apply but would apply for retail or warehouse job that pays only £12,000 or £15,000 a year she would rather take the low pay job than grow some balls and try to sustain a long term career. She would prefer to stay unemployed for ever rather than apply for that. She never used to even apply for retail jobs but she has to now because the job centre force her to.

She really only wants to work in a warehouse because she prefers working with men because women are always *****y to her but not all women are like that and it depends if you find a company where evetyone is nice so i try to tell her that lots of men work in Admin, Reception, Trainee recruitment and retail to try to motivate her to apply for lots of different jobs.

Read the job description when you see it advertised on different websites then write it down and if a company rings you can use that info to tell them what you know about the job and why you want to do it. But i hate all the questions they ask, it's so annoying so it 's always best to be prepared for their silly questions and if you sound confident and give good answers you will get an interview.
If they ask why you want to do it you just say that it's a job that offers good prospects and you want a long term career where you can progress. Or something like that.

Even if some people did not like Trainee recruitment they take people who have never had a job before and at least anyone who does it can save up lots of money and apply for jobs they do really want but you can't save up much in retail jobs.

Because you work in a call centre it might be easy for you to get Trainee recruitment jobs, but they will still employ anyone with no work experience too
Just apply and see what happens. If you get rejected a lot or no replies back just keep sending your cv's. I never waste time on sending application forms it takes too long to fill in. Cv's are so much easier and you can apply for loads.
Register online with Reed, CV library, Indeed, Monster, etc but you have to type your looking for Trainee recruitment and you have a choice to choose other jobs your looking for maybe even criminology that you wrote about and all these companies will send you emails alerts every time there's a new job to apply for. I register with all those websites.
I apply for all the Trainee recruitment jobs whatever the wages are but i particularly like the companies that offer £40,000 - £100,000 a year.
Imagine earning all that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending