The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ozmo19
I'm only AS so it's not too bad for me.. but for you on the other hand:s-smilie: Good luck!

Thank you friend, good luck to you too. :smile:
AS or A2? AS
Subjects: Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics
University Choices: I'm planning to apply to Leeds (MPhys Physics), York (Natural Sciences: Maths/Physics/Philosophy), Edinburgh (MPhys Physics), St. Andrews (MPhys Physics), and maybe Oxford but I'm unsure for my last choice. Fairly high entry requirements (A*AA - AAA) for each.
Predicted Grades: Predicted AAAA
Exams: They went pretty well I think, except Maths where I may have dropped down to a B! :/
Feelings about results day: I honestly wish it was sooner. I'm attending two summer schools over the summer but those will be done by the end of July then I have nothing planned. The anticipation will kill me.
Where are the edexcel papers? Theres only AQA that have been posted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Argh less than 40 days!!

😂😢😭😵😨😱
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Is it me or does time seem to be going a lot faster this year as opposed to last year, for the run up to results day?

1000% yes:biggrin: I have a little countdown widget on my phone homescreen, and I swear to god that thing said 80 days like five minutes ago...and now there's only 40!!!:s-smilie:
Oh wow! I'm just trying not to think about it for a while :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh no.. 40 days...
40.. days. ..
4... 0
Ohhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
I swear it's 39?
It will be tomorrow, but today it's 40 days :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
It will be tomorrow, but today it's 40 days :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My countdown timer says 39 days and 10 hours until 8am on the day so I guess you're rounding up?
Original post by target21859
My countdown timer says 39 days and 10 hours until 8am on the day so I guess you're rounding up?

Yeah, it'll be easier to count down from the 18th though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, time is deffo passing much faster than last year like finishing exams feels like yesterday!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 612
Original post by target21859

Of course - we don't want it to say '0 days remaining' when there are, say, 23 hours to go. That's just cruel!
Keep forgetting that results day is looming and how much it means ; I'm just sort of picturing myself at uni yet I might not even get in whayeosver ; it's such a struggle
AS or A2
A2
Subjects
Biology, Physics and Further maths (AS and A2)
University
Maths at Exeter (hopefully!) :smile:
AS grades
AAAA (Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Maths) plus an A in Maths A-level
Required grades
AAB (already have an A in maths, so just need AB) :biggrin:
Predicted grades
AAAA
How exams went
Not great to be honest, really messed up FP3, and I'm not sure about the others now. My brain tends to block out everything about exams once they're over! :tongue:
Feelings about results day
Just wish it would hurry up!! I'm so stressed already, and there's still aaaaages to wait yet!
Despite the exam stress I think I may have got A*AB, and therefore I want to go through Adjustment. I'M SO CLOSE TO HAVING A TROY BOLTON INSPIRED MENTAL BREAKDOWN. I'm 95% sure I don't want to do my firm course anymore, in fact I want to go in a complete different direction.

I'm currently down for Education at Sheffield but now I want to study Management with either Marketing or Human Resource..... but neither of these have appeared in Clearing yet and I am freaking out. To top things off, results day is on my birthday.

Is anyone in a similar situation regarding Adjustment/Clearing?
Reply 616
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Is it me or does time seem to be going a lot faster this year as opposed to last year, for the run up to results day?

Did you do GCSE last year? If that's the case then due to long holiday it must have felt longer.
Reply 617
Are you AS or A2? A2
AS grades - AAAA
A2 predictions - A*A*A
What subjects are you taking? MEI maths and further maths, OCR A Chemistry
How did exams go? every exam had that killer question :frown:
To which university are you hoping to go to? UCL
To study what? Maths G100
How are you feeling about results day? I already know i did not achieve the grades required so need to start preparing for clearing :frown:
Original post by kit2016
Despite the exam stress I think I may have got A*AB, and therefore I want to go through Adjustment. I'M SO CLOSE TO HAVING A TROY BOLTON INSPIRED MENTAL BREAKDOWN. I'm 95% sure I don't want to do my firm course anymore, in fact I want to go in a complete different direction.

I'm currently down for Education at Sheffield but now I want to study Management with either Marketing or Human Resource..... but neither of these have appeared in Clearing yet and I am freaking out. To top things off, results day is on my birthday.

Is anyone in a similar situation regarding Adjustment/Clearing?

If you want to switch course but stay with the same university don't leave it to results day. Call them up tomorrow morning and ask to switch course.
Does anyone know when edexcel results plus updates?

Quick Reply

Latest