The Student Room Group

what to say at grandmas funeral????

Her funeral is on Friday, and im gonna say somthing, so i relally neded ur gues help thxs!!

i want it to be short
and not a poem (bcz aunties doing a poem)

THXS SO MUCH!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Talkand...Talk
Her funeral is on Friday, and im gonna say somthing, so i relally neded ur gues help thxs!!

i want it to be short
and not a poem (bcz aunties doing a poem)

THXS SO MUCH!!

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma, I lost mine a while ago and it was very difficult to cope with! :/ All you can do is speak from the heart - tell the congregation exactly how much your Grandma meant to you, the type of person she was and talk about what made her special to everyone.

Use the memories that you have of her as the basis of your speech - but don't dwell on the sadness everyone feels after her passing, concentrate on how she made everybody feel special and happy whilst she was still around.

I hope that this has helped in some way and that it is easy to understand :smile:
Reply 2
my nan died the day after my birthday and when the funeral came around, rather then everyone say something (only her partner did), each of her kids put a single red rose on her coffin but her partner put a white rose on
Im sorry to hear that, but maybe talk about how much she meant to you and her family, and I'm not sure but maybe you can talk about a good time or something, and 'rest in peace grandma', I'm not really sure, but I hope I helped you a bit :s-smilie:
Original post by QueenBee98
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma, I lost mine a while ago and it was very difficult to cope with! :/ All you can do is speak from the heart - tell the congregation exactly how much your Grandma meant to you, the type of person she was and talk about what made her special to everyone.

Use the memories that you have of her as the basis of your speech - but don't dwell on the sadness everyone feels after her passing, concentrate on how she made everybody feel special and happy whilst she was still around.

I hope that this has helped in some way and that it is easy to understand :smile:

thxs so much i was thinking something like this:

every time i came to see you, you alwyas had a warm welcoming smile on your face. you showed that love and kindess is all you need,

rthats all ive got!!!
what do u think about it
i think its awful!!
its so anniying how she meant SOO much to me but i can tput it intowords :frown:
Reply 5
"f*cking hell it smells like someone's died in here"
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Im sorry to hear that, but maybe talk about how much she meant to you and her family, and I'm not sure but maybe you can talk about a good time or something, and 'rest in peace grandma', I'm not really sure, but I hope I helped you a bit :s-smilie:

thxs but im only12 lol. and im soooo SHYYYY and i am thinking if i make a istake ppl will laugh :/. Ill try and pen sometign down :smile:> thxs!!
Original post by shawtyb
my nan died the day after my birthday and when the funeral came around, rather then everyone say something (only her partner did), each of her kids put a single red rose on her coffin but her partner put a white rose on

thats what we did at grandads funeral!!! but i think we wnat somethign a bit different this time :biggrin:
thxs but im only12 lol. and im soooo SHYYYY and i am thinking if i make a istake ppl will laugh :/. Ill try and pen sometign down :smile:> thxs!!

Awwhh that's so cute, and that would be horrible and I'm sure you'll be fine! & Your welcome, and if you want you can pm me a picture of the speech and I can look at it for you? :smile:
Awwhh that's so cute, and that would be horrible and I'm sure you'll be fine! & Your welcome, and if you want you can pm me a picture of the speech and I can look at it for you? :smile:

thxs so much !!! yes when i have came up with soemthing i will pm it to u :biggrin:
thxs so much !!! yes when i have came up with soemthing i will pm it to u :biggrin:

Glad to help and okay! Whenever you're ready :h:
Glad to help and okay! Whenever you're ready :h:

ive sent it to u :biggrin:
thxs so much i was thinking something like this:

every time i came to see you, you alwyas had a warm welcoming smile on your face. you showed that love and kindess is all you need,

rthats all ive got!!!
what do u think about it
i think its awful!!
its so anniying how she meant SOO much to me but i can tput it intowords :frown:

You're very welcome! :smile: I like it, it's lovely and sweet - make sure that you speak from the heart, when my Nan died my dad wrote a speech about his childhood with her and what he has learnt from her as he got older, particularly as to how to embarrass people on purpose :smile:

It's quite natural, when you lose someone you have no idea what to say, I think sometimes its a case of if you've been asked about them and you go into extreme detail, you tend to go on to relive memories that you shared with that person and its very easy to get upset. That's why many people don't want to say much at first - you get to the point where you can only remember the bad stuff, like that person passing, rather than focusing on the fact that they actually lived.

But its okay to get upset and let your feelings be known, I bottled it in and it doesn't help - it just gets too much and you can explode at any time.
Talk about a day you spent together or something you used do together and how you'll miss her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QueenBee98
You're very welcome! :smile: I like it, it's lovely and sweet - make sure that you speak from the heart, when my Nan died my dad wrote a speech about his childhood with her and what he has learnt from her as he got older, particularly as to how to embarrass people on purpose :smile:

It's quite natural, when you lose someone you have no idea what to say, I think sometimes its a case of if you've been asked about them and you go into extreme detail, you tend to go on to relive memories that you shared with that person and its very easy to get upset. That's why many people don't want to say much at first - you get to the point where you can only remember the bad stuff, like that person passing, rather than focusing on the fact that they actually lived.

But its okay to get upset and let your feelings be known, I bottled it in and it doesn't help - it just gets too much and you can explode at any time.

thx u so much for the lovely words!! can i pm u my speech what i have made up??
thx u so much for the lovely words!! can i pm u my speech what i have made up??

You're very welcome! :biggrin: I'm happy to help :smile: Of course :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending