The Student Room Group

Driving

So basically, I'm kinda scared to start driving for fear of crashing and dying or running over ppl, so wondered how often people crash whilst doing driving lessons and whether it's a likely thing to occur
Reply 1
Highly unlikely to occur, instructor will usually have dual controls and plenty of mirrors. Plus initially you won't be travelling at high speeds, the experienced drivers going at 100 mph on motorways in terrible weather are more likely to die than you are.
Reply 2
I doubt it happens that often. You should not be scared or worried about that.
Original post by Legendstatusxoxo
So basically, I'm kinda scared to start driving for fear of crashing and dying or running over ppl, so wondered how often people crash whilst doing driving lessons and whether it's a likely thing to occur

I've had about 10 hours of driving lessons already, and currently on maneouvers (e.g. turning in the road). I haven't had any kind of crash yet, or stalled the car even, but I have mounted the kerb a couple of times when I was getting used to steering :colondollar:. However, remember that your instructor will have dual controls - they will be able to stop the car before any kind of collision happens, so you do not have to worry about collisions too much. Your instructor will also teach you the best course of action, e.g. emergency stops and how to use clutch control or braking to slow down in time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending