The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

i'm addicted to the countdown
Original post by Cadherin
Anyone get their results emailed to them? I get my results emailed to me at 6am which is brutal, I'd rather go into school tbh... :frown:

I get mine emailed to me, but I have to wait until 10:00am-10:30. Sooo nervous 😟

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are you checking first, results or ucas?
Original post by zoex101

Deffo UCAS
Also anyone who does OCR biology, do you think the grade boundaries for F214 and F215 will be low? pls :frown:
Original post by zoex101

UCAS for sure, what if I see my results, cry because I didn't get in, but then get in anyway? Also means that if I don't get in, I can look at Clearing options asap
Original post by zoex101

Results personally, most will be UCAS i suspect
Original post by smegsxo
Results personally, most will be UCAS i suspect

Im looking at UCAS
Btw i am.not telling my results to any friends- is anyone else doing the same?
Original post by zoex101

I'm quite lucky as I get my results online. Will be refreshing ucas and results at the same time so hopefully will be able to check them both at the same time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ninjass
Im looking at UCAS
Btw i am.not telling my results to any friends- is anyone else doing the same?

I like to discuss mine with friends even if they're not brilliant, but only if they're happy to do the same. Many people don't tell their friends though
Original post by Cadherin
I thought multi choice was hard with very few rebanked questions - I suspect mean facility will be one or two marks lower and point biserial index lower also.
I felt the main paper was quite good though, but misread the question and got 200s for the time constant :frown: - ah well, might get 1/3 for correct use of logs.

I agree on 65/75 for the PHYA4 UMS cap.

I think PHYA5 boundaries with astro will be a little lower than 66 however, max 65, possibly even 63-64. The main paper was fairly easy for me and I think I dropped around 3, although quite wordy, which will lower boundaries. Astro was a bit harder and I dropped around 7, but a nice six-marker! However, I couldn't do the mathsy three marker at the end using ISL for some strange reason and I got the brightest star wrong, so that's 6 marks gone and then probably one on the six marker.

whats wierd though is the fact that some years the difference between grades could be 4 marks or 6 marks. could mean 65/75 may turn in to 54 for an a which is quite high
Original post by zoex101
Also anyone who does OCR biology, do you think the grade boundaries for F214 and F215 will be low? pls :frown:

I'm thinking they'll be similar to last years, have faith!
Reply 3212
Original post by ninjass
i am.not telling my results to any friends- is anyone else doing the same?

Not even if you get into your firm and get good grades?
Original post by SH0405
Not even if you get into your firm and get good grades?

Yepppp noone will know - i dont wamt to tell that i did well if the others didnt do as well
Original post by ninjass
Yepppp noone will know - i dont wamt to tell that i did well if the others didnt do as well

What if they all do well?
Original post by ninjass

But what if your friends who did well tell you their grades? And surely they'll be happy for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zoex101

I was thinking maybe 42 for F214 and 67 for F215 for A's?? I really don't know how to feel about them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
so when do grade boundaries come out?
Original post by nomophobia
But what if your friends who did well tell you their grades? And surely they'll be happy for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they tell me their grades willingly and if I do well then ok I may tell. But if I do bad then they wont know anyhting
I love going in and collecting my results, you get to see people and teachers and stuff. idk there's always such a buzz which I really like.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest