The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

I juts can't wait. It's getting longer as it is getting closer
By any chance, aren't OCR mark schemes available to teachers at this point?
Original post by ImagineCats
Satan is approaching nooooooooooooo00000000000OOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo00oooOO

The feeling is mutual
HAAAAAAAA

Still going too quickly if you ask me...
Original post by Onica
Did anyone do Sociology and Psychology with AQA? How low do you think the grade boundaries for Sociology (SCLY4) will be? And the grade boundaries for Psychology??

I did both. Specification A for psychology. Literally no idea for psychology I found paper 4 quite difficult. Sociology unit 4 I found really hard just because I didn't suspect state crime and prevention to come up. I thought it would be suicide since this was the last year it's being taught. My entire year who took sociology found it difficult (but that could be due to not having a very good teacher) Maybe they will be lower if people found it quite difficult. I am hoping they are low!! How did you find them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aph
UCAS got them today, they are matching them to our applications and Sunday they send our results to the unis. So as I said a few days ago the unstoppable ball is now moving and our futures are fixed.

In 7 days time some of us are going to be very very happy and others not so happy.

7 days to learn our fate 😱
Im so worried because both my firm and insurance choices are asking for ABB so if i dont get the grades i dont have a backup, which i know was a stupid decision on my part but i couldnt find a single university that i liked that had entry requirements below ABB

To make things worse because im having a gap year i cant go through clearing (as far as i know) so if i fail i'll have to retake:frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3327
Original post by Altun63
In 7 days time some of us are going to be very very happy and others not so happy.

7 days to learn our fate 😱

Or we could all be very happy!!!
I wish I knew someone who worked at UCAS who could leak my grades to me :frown:
Reply 3328
Original post by yoli1998
I did both. Specification A for psychology. Literally no idea for psychology I found paper 4 quite difficult. Sociology unit 4 I found really hard just because I didn't suspect state crime and prevention to come up. I thought it would be suicide since this was the last year it's being taught. My entire year who took sociology found it difficult (but that could be due to not having a very good teacher) Maybe they will be lower if people found it quite difficult. I am hoping they are low!! How did you find them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yo are not the only one! I found those papers difficult too. My whole class found the SCLY4 paper difficult too, and everyone was complaining about how hard it was on the Sociology thread and on a Twitter, so there's some consensus between the students showing that everyone across the country found it hard. I saw a post from this girl on Twitter who posted an email from her teacher, and that teacher said that the paper was unfair and the most difficult paper they have seen and she was talking to other teachers from different schools and they said the same. I'm sure you've seen the petition for lowering grade boundaries, right? Although it may be funny, it shows that people found it hard and even a teacher retweeted the post on lowering grade boundaries. SCLY3 was a dream and I think I can get near full marks. I thought as that paper was easy, the the next one will be hard but I had know Idea it would be that hard! It was ridiculous because the put topics that were literally less than a page of Information after I worked hard all year studying everything and getting full marks for that to come up!

Well for Psychology, I have no comments. Apparently they copied the same question for gender from last year? I didn't do those sections but did Aggression, intelligence and a Eating Behaviours and found it 'ok'. PSYA4 was okay, but it was research methods that I didn't like.

I hope the grade boundaries are low.
Anyone have edexcel markscheme files?
Original post by HassanAftab
My insurance was manchester with ABB and I got BBB today. What are my chances of getting accepted? (I am an international student)

Contact the uni to find out.
I've seen predictions of A* 51 A 46 B 40 C 36 for SCLY3 and A* 58 A 54 B 47 C 40 for SCLY4. The SCLY3 one seems too high to me though since A* has been 48 for the last 3 years. I could see it going up, but I hope not by that much.
Original post by smegsxo
CIE results isn't it?

Probably
Original post by doctorwhofan98
I think universities get our results on Sunday, though they might not look at them until Monday.

Unis get our results on the 12th so tomorrow
Original post by catsinnit
Im so worried because both my firm and insurance choices are asking for ABB so if i dont get the grades i dont have a backup, which i know was a stupid decision on my part but i couldnt find a single university that i liked that had entry requirements below ABB

To make things worse because im having a gap year i cant go through clearing (as far as i know) so if i fail i'll have to retake:frown:

What do you mean you can't go through clearing if you're on a gap year?!!!!!! 😱😱😱😱
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Anyone have edexcel markscheme files?

They're in the first thread post
Original post by Onica
Yo are not the only one! I found those papers difficult too. My whole class found the SCLY4 paper difficult too, and everyone was complaining about how hard it was on the Sociology thread and on a Twitter, so there's some consensus between the students showing that everyone across the country found it hard. I saw a post from this girl on Twitter who posted an email from her teacher, and that teacher said that the paper was unfair and the most difficult paper they have seen and she was talking to other teachers from different schools and they said the same. I'm sure you've seen the petition for lowering grade boundaries, right? Although it may be funny, it shows that people found it hard and even a teacher retweeted the post on lowering grade boundaries. SCLY3 was a dream and I think I can get near full marks. I thought as that paper was easy, the the next one will be hard but I had know Idea it would be that hard! It was ridiculous because the put topics that were literally less than a page of Information after I worked hard all year studying everything and getting full marks for that to come up!

Well for Psychology, I have no comments. Apparently they copied the same question for gender from last year? I didn't do those sections but did Aggression, intelligence and a Eating Behaviours and found it 'ok'. PSYA4 was okay, but it was research methods that I didn't like.

I hope the grade boundaries are low.

Well in a way I am glad everyone found it hard since I guess there will be more of a chance of lower grade boundaries (let's hope!!) but yeah it was definitely unexpected and incredibly unfair. My teacher gave predictions for sociology and he said it was something like gender and crime, ethnicity and crime and something else (I'm ready forgetting literally everything!) and he only told us a week prior to the exam that postmodernism could be a 33 marker! But regardless, none of his predictions came up and those were the ones I really revised for. 😒
I didn't realise there was a petition!! I never looked on Twitter after I was afraid that everyone was gonna find it easy and then I would be panicking
all summer. I'll sign the petition immediately if it still means anything (are the grade boundaries set in stone now?)

Yeah with psychology I've resorted to just hope now. Literally no idea what the grade boundaries could be like. I didn't revise for unit 3 because I had a media exam that same day and I literally knew nothing so I was panicking more about that.and yeah gender did come up again the same as last year I think but then again I've literally forgotten all the questions for all of my exams now. I did gender, aggression and relationships (relationships was so utterly boring) Unit 4 wasn't great but I need a B in psychology to get into my uni so fingers crossed!

Good luck with your results! And let's hope the grade boundaries are low and nice!! I did one year a levels so psychology AS wasn't that hard this year (thank god) but I had a feeling that the A2s would be horrific. 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abii21
What do you mean you can't go through clearing if you're on a gap year?!!!!!! 😱😱😱😱

I thought clearing is for people who want to start this year?
7 days to go and I'm slowly going towards insanity! :colonhash: Why so much uncertainty? :cry:
Original post by TraceyE
I thought clearing is for people who want to start this year?

I'm such a thicko. I have been on a gap year, wanting to start this September. I thought you meant people who have taken a gap year couldn't 😄 Sorry!

Quick Reply

Latest