The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DarkEnergy
Hi, I've just done my AS exams this year in Maths, Physics, Chemistry, and Computer Science. I feel like I've did well in the latter three, but I've probably got a B in Maths or scraped an A. If I were to get a B in Maths this year, how screwed am I for next year? I'm hoping to do Physics at uni where pretty much everywhere decent requires an A in A-level maths :fatcontroller:

I'm also AS but I'm thinking you can get up to an A with a B this year if it was a C or lower than you'd have a lot of work but scrapping an A is good and I'm sure you could get that A

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got a migraine thinking my answers over and over in my head urgh.

I just want this sh*t over with now, I'm fed up.

God knows, by Tuesday I'll be dying again ridden with anxiety.

Ffs my mood gives my whiplash🙄
Original post by target21859
If you think about it one year today was last year's results day and look how fast the time went. It's crazy. We've only got 1% of a year to wait until this year's results day ^^

Wait till you've finished a few years of uni, you wonder where the time all went. :moon:
Original post by Aph
the older you get the faster time goes bye.

scary
Original post by Valyrian
The amount of times people have asked the same question on here is actually painful

lmao I was thinking the same thing. every time I see

"when are the exam boundaries coming out?"

my eye twitches
I'm worried that I'm not going to get into my firm or insurance choice :afraid:.

Considering that they want AAA and AAB respectively...
(but my course at my firm is in clearing, so...)
Original post by Valyrian
The amount of times people have asked the same question on here is actually painful

I haven't seen you around in ages

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wouldn't it be great if we could have access to our papers digitally on results day with the e-marks. Would be so helpful with remarks.
Original post by DarkEnergy
Hi, I've just done my AS exams this year in Maths, Physics, Chemistry, and Computer Science. I feel like I've did well in the latter three, but I've probably got a B in Maths or scraped an A. If I were to get a B in Maths this year, how screwed am I for next year? I'm hoping to do Physics at uni where pretty much everywhere decent requires an A in A-level maths :fatcontroller:

If worst comes to worst and you have to retake some exams next year, believe me, after C3 and C4 both C1 and C2 are ridiculously easy. Loads of my friends did it and they all said that. C3 and 4 are continuations of everything from C1 and 2 but just a bit more advanced. If you have to retake your applied unit that could be more difficult but still achievable. Am also going to do Physics at Uni this year depending on my results haha
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by victoria98
I'm like 98% certain I've missed my firm. I need A*A*A in maths, chemistry and physics respectively for chemistry with molecular physics at Imperial.... I made so many incredibly silly mistakes in both chemistry exams because of stress (OCR) and the worst thing is that the exams weren't that hard so grade boundaries will probably be high :frown:. I also do OCR biology and because I wasn't at all worried about doing well (because it's not in my offer), it'll probably end up being my best science this year (still think F214 was a joke though, stupid scientist with his stupid pond). UGH I wish results day was yesterday.

I've been getting used to the idea of going to my insurance, but my parents don't want me to go there, and they've told the whole family that I'm going Imperial ?!!!!????? :angry: Whenever I tell them I don't expect to meet my offer they tell me that I'll be fine. HA HA HA :colonhash:

I'm in a similar position to you. I need A*A*A for chemistry at imperial in chem maths and biol respectively. It's 50/50 whether I got in, I've no idea tbh, chem unit 4 and empa (AQA) was dodgy and I think I messed up my c3 (OCR). Although I've not got used to the idea of going to my insurance. I really don't want to go to Warwick cause I've set myself on imperial for so long >.<
My mate and I keep saying to each other than we won't look at the grade boundaries when they come out but we probably will..
Reply 4011
Original post by Pato1
Wouldn't it be great if we could have access to our papers digitally on results day with the e-marks. Would be so helpful with remarks.

You can get priority script access but it's a lot of money.
Reply 4012
Original post by unfathomablee
Does anyone know why kings college have removed all the courses in clearing from the UCAS list?
because now they have results they don't belive that they will have spaces?
Does anyone know why kings college have removed all the courses in clearing from the UCAS list?

Original post by Aph

I had my eye on their History course :frown:
Reply 4014
Original post by antigone-
I had my eye on their History course :frown:

Would the grades be something like AAA? So it's a bit of a high clearing option.
Original post by Aph
Would the grades be something like AAA? So it's a bit of a high clearing option.

It is stupidly high for clearing but I had extenuating circumstances and they have been known to lower themselves to ABB (not exactly reliable info, I just know people who got in lower through clearing lol) so I was thinking about it. No thoughts are concrete at this stage obviously.
Probably, but they only listed specific courses on there and now they're all gone which is slightly weird. Thank you

Not weird at all really, they could have just updated ucas all in one go and so the list was previously not accurate.
Original post by MessyEffy
lmao I was thinking the same thing. every time I see

"when are the exam boundaries coming out?"

my eye twitches

Hahaha

Original post by Sacred Ground
I haven't seen you around in ages

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still exist, don't worry
Original post by Aph

Still getting their adverts on Facebook offering adjustment places to people with A*A*A* (lol).
Original post by Tskadem
If worst comes to worst and you have to retake some exams next year, believe me, after C3 and C4 both C1 and C2 are ridiculously easy. Loads of my friends did it and they all said that. C3 and 4 are continuations of everything from C1 and 2 but just a bit more advanced. If you have to retake your applied unit that could be more difficult but still achievable. Am also going to do Physics at Uni this year depending on my results haha

Alright thanks. Where you going to?

Quick Reply

Latest