The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

How is it only 2 days where has the time gone :eek:
I need 3 As for my course but as each day passes i end up thinking i will get 3 Cs :frown:
My uni is in clearing for its course and i was wondering if i ended up with ABB or BBB would i be accepted into my uni or not. (East Anglia)
Reply 5161
Original post by ellefrancessa
Ahh I'm so nervous. I am AS. I've taken OCR English Lit (new spec), Edexcel History (new spec) & Philosophy and Ethics on the old spec. I'm hoping to go to Sussex or Exeter to do Politics and History but don't think I'll get good enough grades at AS to even consider Exeter!!!! I got AAD in mocks. I took the D again and turned it into a B. I'm just so nervous. My exams were so mixed. Some of the questions were a beauty and others awful :frown:. We will have to wait and see! I'm not too bothered for English and History though as long as my teachers give me fair predictions. Good Luck everyone.
And if anyone knows if OCR markschemes have been released please let me know as I am fretting over Kant :frown:

Which topics for History? I did Britain 1625-1701 and Russia
Original post by milutin767
I'm in that stage where I go onto youtube and watch 'results day reactions' fml.

Same here haha though I'm looking at "Results Day Disappointment"
Original post by MessyEffy
lmao how can someone say 'have no expectations for results day'?
m8, I'm expecting to go to my firm. that's the reason I chose it in the first place:biggrin:
lol but seriously, I'm dying over here.

I have a dream last night (my first ever results dream this year) that I checked Track and it said I've been rejected. so then I go to collect my results and I've achieved my grades so then I log back into Track and it says "HAHA JUST JOKING YOU'VE BEEN ACCEPTED!" loooool, I was so confused😂😂😂😂

LOOOOL, that's jokes
What is the earliest time that track will update?
Original post by zoex101
I asked Cardiff to release me into clearing if I end up having to go there (my insurance) and even gave them a formal written request and they still said call them on thursday :frown:

i feel like i'll miss the course I want in clearing if they take too long. Anyone know if Cardiff specifically will be quite quick with this?

Cardiff is my firm and I've asked them to release/reject me. I got the same response:

"Thank you for your email. I have forwarded your request to the School for their consideration once we have received the results from UCAS."

I hope they don't take too long :frown:
Original post by Blobfish13
What is the earliest time that track will update?

07:30
i remember when it was like 40 days
haha
tomorrow at this hour i'll be waiting for edexcel grade boundaries!
Original post by lawlieto
i remember when it was like 40 days
haha
tomorrow at this hour i'll be waiting for edexcel grade boundaries!

HOW IS IT 2 DAYS TO GO

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by duncant
I have an inquiry about clearing. Say you get AAB and a university in clearing asks for AAA, would it be worth phoning or will they just reject instantly? i was wondering because surely there can't be that many people in clearing with AAA so they must have to accept people with lower grades to fill the clearing spaces?

It also seem clearing grade offers are the same as standard offers during July, why wouldn't they be lower?

@PQ

They would probably prefer people that achieve the stated grade then maybe move on to people that slightly missed it after. You have to remember they probably rejected their own applicants who had missed it to have the clearing spaces. Also there might not be a lot of spaces in clearing.
They're the same because there will be people in clearing with those grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in that stage where I go onto youtube and watch 'results day reactions' fml.

I've ran out of ones to watch 😭

Lmao, this is what my life has become :biggrin: I watch in despair as they reveal their A*'s/A's, it's like salt in the wound
Original post by somevirtualguy
I've ran out of ones to watch 😭

There's probably about 100 I need to watch tomorrow and Wednesday😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Time should go quickly for me. Going to London tomorrow and then Wednesday is mini golf. Should be good.
Original post by target21859
Time should go quickly for me. Going to London tomorrow and then Wednesday is mini golf. Should be good.

Hope you have a great time! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need 3 As for my course but as each day passes i end up thinking i will get 3 Cs
My uni is in clearing for its course and i was wondering if i ended up with ABB or BBB would i be accepted into my uni or not. (East Anglia)
Original post by Kamara7
Ah, I initially wanted to do German instead of psychology, but 6th form did the same thing. Bio was alright for me from what I remember, for chem I can't help but still stink about those mistakes I did (those damn electrode potentials). They changed it halfway into your course!?! Couldn't they at least change it for just the year below you?! I'd be so annoyed :mad: Luckily the content for maths doesn't vastly change between exam boards. Oh no :frown: Do you think you'll meet your uni offer though (if uni's where you're going after)

I agreed to the change of exam board as I do want to improve my AS grade. I really should have concentrated revising A2 maths more but that was that. About uni, I think I might miss by a grade or 2. Uni want ABB grades when I think I got around BBC. If that happens, I might go for foundation year clearing. You?
Ugh I need AAB but I really think I got AAC and I know Russell group unis aren't particularly lenient on missed grades...
I can't even express how utterly inconsolable I will be if it transpires that I've failed to meet the offer conditions for my firm choice. It's got so horrendous that I'm even envisaging what may happen if I miss the offer conditions stipulated by my insurance. :pain:
Does adjustment have better unis then clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest