The Student Room Group

What does this girl think of me?

It's an odd situation and a long story but I'll explain it as best as I can.

At Upper School I met this girl in my year. The funny thing though is that we kind of became friends out of nowhere. I knew who she was and I think we had a mutual respect for each other but I remember I just walked past her once and she came up to me and hugged me and then talked to me for a couple of minutes as if we'd been good friends for a while, which was nice, but I found a little odd.

Anyway, we're both big Doctor Who fans, and sometimes I would message her on Facebook about that and other things and we'd have a good conversation about it. If I were to ask how she was, for example, she would say something like "great thanks! Doing this doing that" and so forth and we'd normally talk with one or two kisses. So one time I messaged her and we talked about what we were doing and she later mentioned how she missed me. I said that I missed her as well, and then she asked me if I wanted to meet up with her and was really enthusiastic and keen about it. I of course agreed and as we talked more about the arrangements, she kept increasing the number of kisses and later I did as well, until the day I went round to hers when we were sending about 10 kisses to each other.

The visit itself was fine and we got on really well and watched TV together and later went out to walk her dogs and so forth. Then just before I left, she was talking about how she was going to the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff two months later, and after I jokingly mentioned wanting to come with her, she then literally said that she was going to invite me to come with her anyway and we'd travel down to Cardiff together for a couple of days and go to it. She said she'd message me about it nearer the time.

She'd posted something on Facebook that she had been upset about a month later so I messaged her about that to see if she was OK. She talked about it briefly and when I mentioned sticking up for her she said "aww love you rob" and I said I loved her back. Then I casually asked about the Doctor Who trip the next month, and she said that she was trying to get it sorted and would let me know more about it nearer the time.

So the next month came and there was no word from her about it whatsoever, not even to say that it had been cancelled, assuming that were the case. I casually sent her a message asking her how she was (mainly to try and bring it up later), and got no response. I would never hear about the trip again.

We began to talk less after that, she said less to me in conversations and we sent less kisses (around 2 or 3), but she would still call me things like "hun" and "lovely" and always said that she loved me back whenever I said "love you" to her.

We didn't really talk much after this and she got two boyfriends within the time, both of which ending badly.

So we hadn't spoken at all for over a year by now and I was on holiday in Italy, and suddenly out of the blue she sends me a message asking if I'm free the next day, with about 9 kisses. I said that I wasn't because I was away, and she told me it was to help with a present for another friend, whom we both knew and who I'd been close with at one point, but have since drifted apart. She then said "Gutted you can't make it!" and asked me if when we were back, whether I wanted to meet up with her and the friend for lunch. I told her I was busy over Summer (which we were) but said I would see if I could sort something out.

Unfortunately I never got back to her about it but had decided that I would contact her again, asking to meet up when I'd gone back to uni. But this happened sooner when I was on my Tinder and she just happened to come up. I hit 'Super Like' on her because I'd known her well, and later she matched with me and messaged me. At first it didn't really go anywhere when I asked her how she was and just said she was fine and asked me the same. I mentioned going back to uni and she just said something nice about it and didn't say anything else to develop the conversation. Then I mentioned possibly meeting up with her when I'm back at uni, apologising about Summer, and she said "Yeah sounds good :smile: xx". I asked whether she'd prefer to come up to me or I come down to her and she just said "I don't mind :smile: xx".

I could be looking into this all wrong but I thought she came across as rather unenthusiastic in her responses on Tinder, whereas a few years ago she'd have written it much more excitedly. I'll still follow it through when I go back, but I don't want this to lead to another let-down on either side.

So after all that, my question is this: Do you have any idea what could have been going on with her which resulted in this on/off contact over the years, and not acknowledging or following through certain things like the Doctor Who trip? I really don't know if she even likes me or not, or whether now this is all out of sheer politeness? Have I done anything wrong? I know this is all theoretical but I really don't know what to think. Thanks for any suggestions.
Reply 1
Hard to say, perhaps there was some interest but she got bored? Maybe message her and say, "hey wanna catch up" and see how that goes. I wouldn't pursue it any further if she ignores you though.
Original post by UWS
Hard to say, perhaps there was some interest but she got bored? Maybe message her and say, "hey wanna catch up" and see how that goes. I wouldn't pursue it any further if she ignores you though.

im gonna rename u everywheresenpai
Reply 3
Original post by TSR Mustafa

:ninja:
Reply 4
To be honest, maybe she feels that you aren't interested in her either so decided to ignore to avoid any heartache. I'm not too sure. Just be blunt with her. Ask her straight up that you're confused by her behaviour and want an answer. If she still doesn't give you a satisfying answer then just let it go.
Reply 5
Original post by TSR Mustafa

PRSOM. :rofl:
Well it doesn't look like you did anything wrong, but maybe she went/ or is going through a hard time in her life. Or maybe she likes you but also still hasn't gotten over her previous relationships. Maybe better to ask her why she didn't say anything about the doctor who thing. If you want to be close friends with her again, try getting along again like before. And maybe bring out your questions to her slowly or subtlely?

Though this is just my advice, I am not too experienced in relationships so just do what you feel is best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending