The Student Room Group

Girls! Need your help

Gonna put you in a scenario. A guy you knew in school but weren't close with comes up to you after a long period of time (about a year) and has a chat about how you're doing. He says he wanted to ask you out all that time ago but never got the chance so he asks you out now to speak more over a coffee or *insert hot drink here*. How would you respond in this scenario?
Depends on the guy, if he was a nice person then maybe but if he is a dick and well you genuinely didn't like them then no, If that's the case i'd probably ask for his number and say i would get back to him on that and not end up doing it...
Reply 2
Original post by retro_turtles
Depends on the guy, if he was a nice person then maybe but if he is a dick and well you genuinely didn't like them then no, If that's the case i'd probably ask for his number and say i would get back to him on that and not end up doing it...

That's cool. I assume she doesn't think I'm a dick so nice to know.
Original post by Anonymous
That's cool. I assume she doesn't think I'm a dick so nice to know.

Hopefully you get what you want!
I guess it depends on whether you think she likes you or not?! Have you spoken before or not? :smile: I mean I don't see what you have got to lose, go for it!!
Gonna put you in a scenario. A guy you knew in school but weren't close with comes up to you after a long period of time (about a year) and has a chat about how you're doing. He says he wanted to ask you out all that time ago but never got the chance so he asks you out now to speak more over a coffee or *insert hot drink here*. How would you respond in this scenario?

If was this girl, it'd seem a bit strange why this guy never got a chance to talk for the past whole year - I mean, surely he could just come up to me when he sees me, or add me on Facebook (if we were both on it)? If he's inviting me to a drink, it does sound like he's serious about the whole thing, so I'd respond with "Sure, why not."
Reply 6
I guess it depends on whether you think she likes you or not?! Have you spoken before or not? :smile: I mean I don't see what you have got to lose, go for it!!

Thanks! I'm pumped and ready to do it I just have to see her at some point, may as well see what other girls think in the meantime. We have spoken before a few times yep, back in school in lessons we'd speak a little. Sometimes it'd be flirty, sometimes I'd be on the shy side but it was always an interaction that was different than with any other girl, for good reasons. Thanks for the motivation :h:
Reply 7
Original post by honour
If was this girl, it'd seem a bit strange why this guy never got a chance to talk for the past whole year - I mean, surely he could just come up to me when he sees me, or add me on Facebook (if we were both on it)? If he's inviting me to a drink, it does sound like he's serious about the whole thing, so I'd respond with "Sure, why not."

True, although I've only seen her a couple times and even then it was as I was walking with my friends past a group of her friends. One to one and I would've had a chat. Don't have FB either.
Glad to hear your thoughts, thanks, hopefully she feels the same way!
Reply 8
Any more advice definitely welcome
just be chill, depending on what kind of girl she is, don't be too ott flirty but also make your intentions clear that you like her bc I know some girls can be lead on by guys thinking that they like them but they don't or they just want the benefits of a relationship!! basically act yourself, good luck :wink:
just be chill, depending on what kind of girl she is, don't be too ott flirty but also make your intentions clear that you like her bc I know some girls can be lead on by guys thinking that they like them but they don't or they just want the benefits of a relationship!! basically act yourself, good luck :wink:

I'll make it clear given we flirted in the past, I'll be chilled and confident but I'll still let her know how I feel, it's getting across that I genuinely care for her which I do and don't just wanna have sex with her. Thank you!
I'll make it clear given we flirted in the past, I'll be chilled and confident but I'll still let her know how I feel, it's getting across that I genuinely care for her which I do and don't just wanna have sex with her. Thank you!

you seem like a genuinely nice guy so I am sure you will be fine! Hope it goes well!!
you seem like a genuinely nice guy so I am sure you will be fine! Hope it goes well!!

Thanks, means a lot!
Reply 13
I mean if he was a nice guy & never really said a lot to you in school then why not give him a shot! (Assuming this female is single) what's the worst that can happen?
If he was a nice guy then I'd say "Sure, why not?" :h:
I like you guys, hopefully she feels the same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending