The Student Room Group

Girls!

Would you rather a guy be upfront when asking you out or play it cool?

Eg.
Upfront: "I really like talking to you and I've been wanting to do this for a while, let's go for a coffee this weekend my treat *answer* great, can I get your number to sort out a time and place?"

And cool basically all of it without the first sentence. Any advice welcomed.

Scroll to see replies

Upfront definitely. I would be more likely to say yes if its upfront, its cute:h:
I personally hate the whole "I like you/I like talking to you" crap
sounds like sth a middle schooler would say
Reply 3
Personally, I'd prefer upfront. But a mix of being upfront and playing it cool is probably a safe bet.

My partner tried to play it cool, or at least so he thought :colondollar: -

"My dad thinks we are going out"
"Tell him I'm going out with someone then"
"No, 'cause I wouldn't mind going out with you. Want to?" :laugh:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Personally, I'd prefer upfront. But a mix of being upfront and playing it cool is probably a safe bet.

My partner tried to play it cool, or at least so he thought :colondollar: -

"My dad thinks we are going out"
"Tell him I'm going out with someone then"
"No, 'cause I wouldn't mind going out with you. Want to?" :laugh:

can't rep haha
that's awesome though
Up front but take out the I really like talking to you and have been wanting to do this for a while part
=))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
a thousand times
what have you got to offer though?
As a guy, I like to be upfront but subtle at first, if you're getting the vibe they're into you to just go for it, chances are the girl is wanting you to do it :biggrin:
Upfront is the best I think because playing it cool just makes them seem like they don't care or somthing
Reply 9
Original post by irinmathew
Upfront is the best I think because playing it cool just makes them seem like they don't care or somthing

That was my thought. I wanna separate myself from any other guy cause I've got genuine feelings for her. Feel like I gotta make that clear.
Original post by Anonymous
That was my thought. I wanna separate myself from any other guy cause I've got genuine feelings for her. Feel like I gotta make that clear.

Plus yeah playing it cool annoys most girls im pretty sure
Upfront!! It shows he really means it
I would say that in this generation where dating is HUGE, everyone is out to do it, be upfront or you make risk the person whom you are wanting to ask out to loose interest or seem like you're only talking for one thing!
you're so subtle that you've given me a headacheeee
=))))
Upfront, always. Just say, 'I'd like to get to know you more if you're interested in going out for a coffee/drink/date?'
Upfront 100%
Definitely upfront imo
Upfront. Girls usually like it when boys are direct. Good luck X :h:
Original post by MissDetermined
Upfront, always. Just say, 'I'd like to get to know you more if you're interested in going out for a coffee/drink/date?'

Sounds cool to me. Girl I'm asking out normally brings the best out of me confidence wise, so I'm sure I'll be able to do that, thanks for the advice everyone, really cleared my head. I think people should just be more upfront with how they feel, boys and girls.
CRINGE. Stop placing value on what girls say. PLACE VALUE ON WHAT THEY DO

How many times do I have to repeat myself.

If you want to learn to catch fish, you ask the fisherman not the fish.

"I've been wanting to do this for a while, I really like you" ****ing hell

NO

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending