The Student Room Group

Does anyone actually know any really straight acting gay/bisexual males?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ciel.
A straight man wouldn't even willingly snog another man. Hate to break it to you.:wink:

Lmao I don't kiss them. It's just sex. Like fwb :lol:
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
Lmao I don't kiss them. It's just sex. Like fwb :lol:

how boring
Reply 22
I'm straight but I relapsed into sleeping with dudes. Here's the deal. Option 1 is tinder. I'll use my hundred swipes, match with maybe 5-10 of those girls. Half won't respond, most the conversation will die or she flakes, eventually I'll get a date with some 6/10 when I'm an 8/10 IRL. She'll want to grab food or coffee first, maybe I'll get her back to mine, maybe I'll have to wait for a second or third date. So tons of effort for a mediocre lay.

Option 2- download Grindr. I can have a twink at my doorstep within an hour. It's not gay, it's convenient.

Oh god not you again! You're the guy that asked me if I had Grindr :puke:
Original post by AshEntropy
Oh god not you again! You're the guy that asked me if I had Grindr :puke:

And do you? :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Roving Fish
And do you? :smile:

Nope
can you choose to be gay?
Reply 26
Original post by Jacklive2000

You can choose to perform gay acts, but can't choose to be a homosexual.
Reply 27
Original post by Jacklive2000

Can you choose to be straight?

If it was a choice I don't think anybody would choose to be in a minority where statistically it's alot less likely to meet someone, where you can't have kids and simply holding hands in public could potentially get you assaulted or discriminated against.
Original post by TheTechN1304
I've never got this whole 'straight acting' thing. Okay, you're not into feminine guys, I get it. But you like **** ffs. It doesn't get any more gay than that. Complaining about how gay people aren't 'straight' enough for you is a bit ridiculous and just shows your insecurity. Internalised homophobia doesn't do anyone any favours.

Some people just aren't attracted to them. Some of my guy friends aren't attracted to tomboys but some of them are. It's based on attraction so it's not OPs fault that he doesn't like feminine guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
I've never got this whole 'straight acting' thing. Okay, you're not into feminine guys, I get it. But you like **** ffs. It doesn't get any more gay than that. Complaining about how gay people aren't 'straight' enough for you is a bit ridiculous and just shows your insecurity. Internalised homophobia doesn't do anyone any favours.

Lol. Okay. So I'm not allowed to have a certain "type" that I'm attracted to?
That's not what I said. What I'm saying that expecting gay people to 'act straight' (whatever that means) is ridiculous. I'm gay and I'm not feminine, but it would be ridiculous to label myself 'straight acting' because I'm not straight...

Which is why they call it 'straight acting'. Your not straight but you act it so what you said doesn't really make sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
I go to gay night clubs with my straight friends, both male and female. None have questioned my sexuality and the ones I've told that I'm gay didn't know what to say apart from the usual 'you don't look or sound like it'. Is that a compliment? I guess as i do not want to fall into the really camp stereotype. Not that it's a bad thing to be camp. It's just I don't want to be judged before someone has gotton to know me. I also knew people a while back who you wouldn't have been able to tell that they were gay. I know a girl who, when she told me she was a lesbian, i was shocked as she too didn't do the 'stereotypical' gay things or have the 'look' to her. So in answer to your question there are people out there. I wouldn't say 'straight acting', I'd say we didn't fit the stereotype.
They're certainly out there. I've known a couple of people in secondary who were the most masculine, laddy, sporty guys you can imagine who then turned out to be gay. Just like there are effeminate, camp men who are straight.
Reply 33
Bumping this because I think it's an interesting topic and the replies have been very eye-opening, although I'm still unconvinced. I watched a few random "coming out to parents" videos on YouTube and unsurprisingly, every single one I've watched has featured a feminine male. It sounds bad and stereotypical but I guess the fact they filmed such a personal moment and put it on YouTube kinda indicated that would be the case.

Anyway most videos, the parents seem to be shocked and act as if they had no idea but surely with videos like these it's obvious?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NF6n9Z6ZA0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GESBUlXBCvE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejAysC7D8sI

I'm probably in a really self loathing mood right now but none of these videos have been very comforting or did anything to break the stereotype unfortunately.

Has anyone watched Shameless (the American version) though? There's a gay couple there and one of them - Mickey - is an aggressive thug who is probably the most masculine and straight acting male on the entire show. He actually 'came out' in an aggressive way then beat the **** out of his Dad after it. It'd be nice to believe there were gay guys like THAT in real life but nope, still looking for that.
Reply 34
I think a better word would be "masculine" rather than "straight-acting". Am I correct?
from the BDSM sub dom scene some dominants whore out their submissives to suck off other guys its called forced bi. some submissives can be manly and not any indication to outside world. This won't be cheap though.

before you ask no I do not engage this I do not have a dominant, and I rejected a dominant last year because they wanted me to do this for them. I kind of know about it because its something dominants have requested from me in the past and why i lost out on been their submissive (i refused)

Also and again dont expect from me I refused this too cuckholding is a thing in the sub dom scene and normally the girl bangs another guy in front of their partner and then their partner thanks that guy and sucks him off.

take a look at Collar space, just stay away from my profile its not my thing i dont do forced bi.
Reply 36
Original post by 0zzu
I think a better word would be "masculine" rather than "straight-acting". Am I correct?

Alot of people (myself included) see 'masculine' as more of the physical appearance as opposed to personality. There are plenty of muscular men and masculine LOOKING gay men, but 'straight-acting' definitely applies to the personality and behaviour of the men imo.
Reply 37
I'm straight but I relapsed into sleeping with dudes. Here's the deal. Option 1 is tinder. I'll use my hundred swipes, match with maybe 5-10 of those girls. Half won't respond, most the conversation will die or she flakes, eventually I'll get a date with some 6/10 when I'm an 8/10 IRL. She'll want to grab food or coffee first, maybe I'll get her back to mine, maybe I'll have to wait for a second or third date. So tons of effort for a mediocre lay.

Option 2- download Grindr. I can have a twink at my doorstep within an hour. It's not gay, it's convenient.

Oh my god. :toofunny:
Reply 38
So after I bumped this thread, I got the phone number of a guy I've been talking to on Grindr for a while. I then realized when I did the 'find a contact' thing on Facebook that the number led to a completely different guy. I've been trolled by a fake.

I was supposed to meet this person at a bar a few days ago and they didn't show up. I only resisted blocking him BECAUSE he was the only "straight acting" guy my age who I was attracted to. The phone number linked to an older, much less attractive, feminine guy.

Can you imagine how bitter I am right now. **** this. I should have known when they refused to Snapchat and were cagey about revealing any social media profiles.
Original post by AshEntropy
You can choose to perform gay acts, but can't choose to be a homosexual.

Are you gay?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending