The Student Room Group

Will student finance pay me after i registered?

I am going to register at my uni on Monday. When will i get my money?
yes
Original post by BlackSweetness
yes

Will i get them the same day i registered?
Original post by PeterHorvath
I am going to register at my uni on Monday. When will i get my money?

3 things are needed on the student finance system to release your payment*

1. Application needs to be approved
2. You need to of sent in your declaration page and for it to be processed
3. Your university needs to *send confirmation of registration to student finance*

You should phone up student finance and ask if those three points have been met. If they have all been met then you will get your payment on the scheduled date *
Original post by murpo
3 things are needed on the student finance system to release your payment*

1. Application needs to be approved
2. You need to of sent in your declaration page and for it to be processed
3. Your university needs to *send confirmation of registration to student finance*

You should phone up student finance and ask if those three points have been met. If they have all been met then you will get your payment on the scheduled date *

Everything except the third step has been done. I am going to register on MONDAY but i need to know what day i will get the money.
Everything except the third step has been done. I am going to register on MONDAY but i need to know what day i will get the money.

It take 24-48 hours for it to show on the student finance system once the university has sent over confirmation of registration and then 3-5 working days to pay you*

Probably either Friday or more likely the beginning of the following week
Original post by murpo
It take 24-48 hours for it to show on the student finance system once the university has sent over confirmation of registration and then 3-5 working days to pay you*

Oh dear
Original post by AlexS101
Probably either Friday or more likely the beginning of the following week

The beginning of next week? that is crazy!!!
Oh dear

that's just the maximum timescales ! I have heard stories from students where the university confirmed reg and the student was paid the very next day.*

You just need to be prepared to wait for the maximum timescales - 24-48 hours for it to show then 3-5 working days to pay*
Original post by murpo
that's just the maximum timescales ! I have heard stories from students where the university confirmed reg and the student was paid the very next day.*

You just need to be prepared to wait for the maximum timescales - 24-48 hours for it to show then 3-5 working days to pay*

So i should get it by next weeks Friday?
So i should get it by next weeks Friday?

if they send confirmation of your registration to student finance on Monday 3rd and IF:

1. Your scheduled payment date is the 12th of October or before
2. Your application is approved
3. Your declaration has been processed
4. Your payments are not blocked

Then you will get your payments by the 12th October (max timescale)**
Original post by murpo
if they send confirmation of your registration to student finance on Monday 3rd and IF:

1. Your scheduled payment date is the 12th of October or before
2. Your application is approved
3. Your declaration has been processed
4. Your payments are not blocked

Then you will get your payments by the 12th October (max timescale)**

My schedule payment is supposed to be today! i am going to register at 8 o'clock in the morning. What is the shortest timescale? this makes me feel very uneasy.
My schedule payment is supposed to be today! i am going to register at 8 o'clock in the morning. What is the shortest timescale? this makes me feel very uneasy.

Shortest timescale is 4th October (If the 4 points above are met and they actually have sent it to student finance on the 3rd)

Longest timescale is 12th October (If the 4 points above are met and they actually have sent it to student finance)

You might be registering Monday but they might not even send it to student finance Monday, they might have a set date of when they send it for all students. You really need to speak with your university and make sure they 100% are sending it to SFE Monday

cheers
Original post by murpo
Shortest timescale is 4th October (If the 4 points above are met and they actually have sent it to student finance on the 3rd)

Longest timescale is 12th October (If the 4 points above are met and they actually have sent it to student finance)

You might be registering Monday but they might not even send it to student finance Monday, they might have a set date of when they send it for all students. You really need to speak with your university and make sure they 100% are sending it to SFE Monday

cheers

Thanks
Thanks

your welcome, if you need any further help then just ask! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending