The Student Room Group

How many offers did you get?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
According to the poll >80% get four or more offers.

Nice work TSR :smile:
Undergrad: No offers - clearing
Postgrad: 3 from 3
Original post by pjm600
Undergrad: No offers - clearing
Postgrad: 3 from 3

Apologies if this sounds rude as that is not my intention, but how could you possibly get 5 rejections? Did you only apply to unis with entry trequirements >>>> your predicted grades?
Original post by DarkEnergy
Apologies if this sounds rude as that is not my intention, but how could you possibly get 5 rejections? Did you only apply to unis with entry trequirements >>>> your predicted grades?

I study in Scotland, where it's mostly based on results in the second last year of school which we have before applying. My grades and predictions for final year just missed the requirements, which for my course are fairly standard across Scotland. Additionally I'd expected an adv. higher result to translate favourably to a requirement at higher, which I was told was later not the case.
Original post by pjm600
(..)

Ah okay, thank you for explaining.
Predicted A*A*AA got 5 offers for geology/earth sciences/geophysics (with year abroad apart from Oxford)

Oxford AAAA/A*AA (firm)
Imperial AAA (insurance)
Bristol AAB
Liverpool AAB/ABB + A in EPQ
Cardiff AAA

I'm going to Oxford.
Reply 106
I wonder how many of the no/few offers are medics...
Original post by PotAuFeu
Predicted A*A*A* in Maths, Further Maths and Physics.
Offers (in Computing/CompSci) from Imperial, Warwick, Nottingham, Loughborough.
Rejected from Oxford due to garbage MAT score.

Doesn't imperial use the same MAT? Also, what GCSEs did you get and what was your avg. AS ums?
Original post by mrman2000
Doesn't imperial use the same MAT? Also, what GCSEs did you get and what was your avg. AS ums?

Imperial only cares about the MAT for Mathematics (and maybe JMC?) courses.
I got 8A* and 2A at GCSE.
I didn't send any university my UMS scores so they wouldn't know them but in Maths + FM, I got ~97 UMS (Five 100 UMS plus one 86 UMS). Can't remember my Physics or Chemistry UMS, sorry!
Original post by PotAuFeu
Imperial only cares about the MAT for Mathematics (and maybe JMC?) courses.
I got 8A* and 2A at GCSE.
I didn't send any university my UMS scores so they wouldn't know them but in Maths + FM, I got ~97 UMS (Five 100 UMS plus one 86 UMS). Can't remember my Physics or Chemistry UMS, sorry!

Thanks. I'm looking at applying to imperial for computing. What kind of stuff did you put on your Personal statement to show passion for computing?
Original post by mrman2000
Thanks. I'm looking at applying to imperial for computing. What kind of stuff did you put on your Personal statement to show passion for computing?

Doing an online CS course, computing work experience, computing books read, with some explanation about what I'd learnt from it.
Reply 111
An interesting little chart... over a million applicants getting 4 or more offers

Original post by jneill
An interesting little chart... over a million applicants getting 4 or more offers

have not looked into offer rate outside maths. I know for maths the offer rate is usually very high unless Oxbridge/Imperial/LSE

However I do not know how this compares to other subjects. I assume for example that LAW/Medicine would very tight on offers.

It would help to know %s here I mean I see the number of offers has gone up but is this due to an increase in applicants or is it due to a higher % of applicants getting offers?
Reply 113
Original post by Luke7456
have not looked into offer rate outside maths. I know for maths the offer rate is usually very high unless Oxbridge/Imperial/LSE

However I do not know how this compares to other subjects. I assume for example that LAW/Medicine would very tight on offers.

It would help to know %s here I mean I see the number of offers has gone up but is this due to an increase in applicants or is it due to a higher % of applicants getting offers?

Increase in applicants. And increase in the proportion of applicants getting more offers (since 2011).

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 13.18.34.jpg

Source https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/files/eoc-report-2015-v2.pdf
(edited 7 years ago)
I applied to:
- De Montfort
- Worcester
- Nottingham Trent
- Derby
- Middlesex

I received offers from:
- De Montfort: UNCONDITIONAL!!!!! :biggrin:
- Worcester: Conditional