The Student Room Group

Putting present place of study when re-applying

Hi,
I have 2 weeks to decide whether to withdraw or not, but have been advised by new university I'm applying to, to get application in very early as I am going to be volunteering in Africa as soon as I withdraw. I want to re-apply right now to get it done. Am I obliged to write where I am now even though I won't be there in 2 weeks? I have the right grades and they see no reason why I wouldn't get an offer.
What would happen if I didn't write it in and then I had a change of heart and decided I could hack the year after all if I don't get the Africa job? Have I done something fraudulent then, or is it just the way it happened. Confused!
Reply 1
Original post by JamieKT
Hi,
I have 2 weeks to decide whether to withdraw or not, but have been advised by new university I'm applying to, to get application in very early as I am going to be volunteering in Africa as soon as I withdraw. I want to re-apply right now to get it done. Am I obliged to write where I am now even though I won't be there in 2 weeks? I have the right grades and they see no reason why I wouldn't get an offer.
What would happen if I didn't write it in and then I had a change of heart and decided I could hack the year after all if I don't get the Africa job? Have I done something fraudulent then, or is it just the way it happened. Confused!

You need to include it. Unis can find out about other unis that you've attended, so they will know. This then means that they know you've lied, so they know you're not trustworthy
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
You need to include it. Unis can find out about other unis that you've attended, so they will know. This then means that they know you've lied, so they know you're not trustworthy

Thanks for that advice. I was thinking along the same lines, but surely I haven't technically been there if I withdraw because I haven't paid tuition and only attended a few classes. The only reason I didn't want to put it was because they may take longer to give me an offer by seeing if they can get information from present uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending