The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering Applicants - 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BluntBluster
Bit late but ah well.

GCSE's - 1A*, 7A's and 2B's
AS - AAAA in maths, bio, chem and physics respectively
A2 Prediction - A*AA

Applied - Imperial, UCL, Queen Mary's, Bath and Aston (Insurance)

Would you say that with a good ps and reference Imperial or UCL would consider me??

No chance with Imperial- have you even seen their entry requirements? UCL you will almost certainly get an offer.
Original post by timster32
No chance with Imperial- have you even seen their entry requirements? UCL you will almost certainly get an offer.

Aww
Original post by munchkin1212
I'm doing chemistry, maths and further maths. I feel like I'm at a disadvantage because I kept further maths as my 3rd and not physics? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

You won't be at a disadvantage at all. I'm a first year at Manchester and I also didn't do physics, I didn't even do f/maths.
Original post by khanpatel321
You won't be at a disadvantage at all. I'm a first year at Manchester and I also didn't do physics, I didn't even do f/maths.

What was your offer?
What was your offer?

AAA
AAA

In what subjects?
In what subjects?

Chem, Maths, Bio
Original post by Willo99
Same predicteds and same firm choice!

physics is defo the hardest one out of them all for me. And revising AS as well as learning A2 is killing me
Original post by Chemgawd99
physics is defo the hardest one out of them all for me. And revising AS as well as learning A2 is killing me

I struggled with physics alot last year but it all clicked around early march and I've been fine with it since!
Original post by BluntBluster
Bit late but ah well.

GCSE's - 1A*, 7A's and 2B's
AS - AAAA in maths, bio, chem and physics respectively
A2 Prediction - A*AA

Applied - Imperial, UCL, Queen Mary's, Bath and Aston (Insurance)

Would you say that with a good ps and reference Imperial or UCL would consider me??

Bath is much more better than UCL.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3681013
AAA

good lord, my offer is A*AA:colonhash:
Original post by FusionNetworks
good lord, my offer is A*AA:colonhash:

You're probably applying to the industrial experience course right?

You can change to the industrial experience course even if you apply for the standard three year course.

Don't know why they make its requirements higher.
Have anybody checked which of the university is more focussed on chemical engineering and research oriented with less students to get more attention rather than the ranking itself.
Original post by deviresh
Have anybody checked which of the university is more focussed on chemical engineering and research oriented with less students to get more attention rather than the ranking itself.

Some rankings give more weight to student survey data than research (e.g. The Guardian).

Method: https://www.theguardian.com/education/2016/may/23/methodology-behind-the-guardian-university-guide-2017

Table: https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2016/may/23/university-guide-2017-league-table-for-chemical-engineering
Hi guys,
Does UCL require an interview to give you an offer?
And has anybody got a response even from UCL?
Hi joined the forum mostly for IB posts but I studied chemeng at sheffield and graduated in summer. I remember a thread like this being useful when i was looking at unis, happy to tell people about the course if they're interested. :smile:
Original post by neosynth
Hi joined the forum mostly for IB posts but I studied chemeng at sheffield and graduated in summer. I remember a thread like this being useful when i was looking at unis, happy to tell people about the course if they're interested.

Hey, what did you do for your 3rd year design project?
Original post by neosynth
Hi joined the forum mostly for IB posts but I studied chemeng at sheffield and graduated in summer. I remember a thread like this being useful when i was looking at unis, happy to tell people about the course if they're interested.

How was the grad prospects? How is sheffield?
Original post by Dusky Mauve
Hey, what did you do for your 3rd year design project?

it was about elements of a pharmaceutical production process
Original post by APersonYo
How was the grad prospects? How is sheffield?

sheffield is great i had a lot of fun. The course is really hard but im guessing most people here already no that lol. grad prospects are good as long as you do a placement. most people from my year who don't have jobs its because they didn't do a placement. I didn't do a placement so didn't get a job now i'm trying to get into finance. Another post on here said if you didn't get a grad scheme your ****ed and i think its kinda true no small companies want to train grad engineers and if they do they offer really low salary which is why i'm trying for finance.

Quick Reply

Latest