The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

As long as he is attracted to me, I don't see what the problem is. He is just as likely to cheat on me as another gay guy would.
In fact I'd be more upset if he left me for another guy, because I'd think 'is he hotter than me?!?' whereas if he left me for a girl, it's like 'ok you're bi I understand your needs', and also you can't really compare guys and girls in their attractiveness, and if you do it's only to a small extent
Reply 41
Original post by zezno
I don't want a girl who's sexually attracted to the same things I am into, imo it makes things awkward

You nailed it my friend, you nailed.
It will just be extremely awkward and cringy.
I'd consider it but it depends on the girl really and how much i liked her
Bisexual people are not more likely to cheat. Bisexuality and polyamory are completely seperate things and it's coincidental if a person happens to be both, one or neither of them. It's entirely your choice who you date but to reject someone simply because you think they're more likely to cheat is to base your actions off lies and misinformation. Also remember males can be bisexual too. A lot of you seem to be posting as males who don't want their girlfriends crushing on other girls - it works both ways! Finally, there's a huge difference between finding someone hot, having a crush on them and actually wanting to have an affair with them.
Love,
A bisexual sjw
How can you be jealous of a girl?!?!
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Yes, and I'm bisexual myself. People are more than entitled to their opinions, but it really grates on me when those opinions are based on lies, prejudices, and misconceptions.

I honestly cannot stand the lie on how just because you're bisexual, you can't commit in a relationship and are bound to cheat. Been told that so many times, been in 3 relationships and I've never cheated in any of them and I'd never do it in the future. How sexuality has anything to do with cheating is beyond me.
And yes, I would date someone bi.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I honestly cannot stand the lie on how just because you're bisexual, you can't commit in a relationship and are bound to cheat. Been told that so many times, been in 3 relationships and I've never cheated in any of them and I'd never do it in the future. How sexuality has anything to do with cheating is beyond me.

Yeeees! Super annoying, wrong, and frankly offensive
Reply 48
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

Perhaps the reasoning is that you can be tempted by twice as many people as heterosexuals.
Original post by Josb
Perhaps the reasoning is that you can be tempted by twice as many people as heterosexuals.

For every 100 potential people to cheat with, about 10 will be gay/bisexual same sex people and 90 will be heterosexual/bisexual opposite sex people. And a bisexual will probably not want to sleep with all 10 of the gay people, they will probably only want to cheat with 1 or 2, so actually bisexuals are probably only 1% more likely to cheat on you as a heterosexual is.
Reply 50
Original post by Kyle1198
For every 100 potential people to cheat with, about 10 will be gay/bisexual same sex people and 90 will be heterosexual/bisexual opposite sex people. And a bisexual will probably not want to sleep with all 10 of the gay people, they will probably only want to cheat with 1 or 2, so actually bisexuals are probably only 1% more likely to cheat on you as a heterosexual is.

I meant bisexuals are attracted to both boys and girls, so their dating pool is theoretically larger.
wow so many people against it.
so what if you got with someone, not knowing their full sexuality and then found out x amount of months down the line, what would you do? end it?
my boyfriend has no issues with me being bisexual but then again he is comfortable with people of all sexualities, but hey, not everyone is as open minded
maybe, I'd probably end up shipping him with his friends which would actually be fun xDD

Spoiler

Wait why are all you people afraid that a bi person may have a crush on/cheat on you with a girl, but not worried about straight (and bi) girls being attracted to other guys???? what. someone's sexuality doesn't make them any more likely to cheat on u that doesn't make sense.
Original post by Exovexo
I'm a straight guy and wouldn't.
I will alwayd be afraid she has a crush on a girl.
It will gross me out knowing the girl i'm with also loves girls.

I'm bisexual and my fiancee doesn't care, she just thinks it is cool we can talk about men! Just think about it- if you are scared she would have a crush on a girl, wouldn't you also be scared she has a crush on a guy? Bi people love in the same way other people do, that need doesn't need to be filled with one people of each gender. It is like someone saying "I like brunettes and blondes, so I've got to be in love with one of each at any one time"

Original post by Anonymous
I'd feel worried and insecure too... unless ur into 3somes. 😂😅

This stereotype is the most annoying stereotype for bi people...

Original post by mkap
no i wouldnt. people can hate on someone for saying no but i dont have to justify myself lol

Why not, out of curiosity? I don't mean that in an offensive way, I can understand some people are uncomfortable with it, but is there any particular reason?
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Wait why are all you people afraid that a bi person may have a crush on/cheat on you with a girl, but not worried about straight (and bi) girls being attracted to other guys???? what. someone's sexuality doesn't make them any more likely to cheat on u that doesn't make sense.

Indeed, this question pops into my head whenever I see posts stating that "I'd never feel comfortable because they could be attracted to another girl/boy" etc. I don't think anyone has answered why yet. I'm not even sure if they know why they feel that way.
Original post by Josb
I meant bisexuals are attracted to both boys and girls, so their dating pool is theoretically larger.

Yes and I'm saying its only a little bit larger because there are waaay more heterosexual people to choose from than gay or bisexual people.
If a bisexual wants to cheat with the same sex, their pool is significantly smaller than if they want to cheat with the opposite sex, because the people of the same sex have to be gay or bisexual, and there are about 10% gay people, whereas 90% ish of the population is straight.
So actually theres only a small number more of people that bisexuals can actually cheat with.
Original post by Exovexo
I'm a straight guy and wouldn't.
I will alwayd be afraid she has a crush on a girl.
It will gross me out knowing the girl i'm with also loves girls.

I wouldn’t date someone if I didn’t trust them, end of. If you like her personality and her in general then the problem isn’t too bad, but I understand the initial worry around it. I guess you have to experience it to know for sure.
Original post by Anonymous
I wouldn’t date someone if I didn’t trust them, end of. If you like her personality and her in general then the problem isn’t too bad, but I understand the initial worry around it. I guess you have to experience it to know for sure.

this thread is 3 years old
woah I just realised this thread is 3 y/o. Sad to see that ppl still think that bisexuality means cheating. These unfair judgements must be overcome :pride:

Latest

Trending

Trending