The Student Room Group

2017 Bristol medicine hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

is Bristol known for giving interviews earlier than other unis? cause my other 4 choices (3 med 1 dental) haven't even given interviews to anyone yet, according to the forum.

is there another forum that people use?
Since it's the hot topic,

When will most of the interviews be given out by? I know they can keep going until like late January and afterwards but roughly when will the majority be given out by?
Original post by Jeff458(#21)
Since it's the hot topic,

When will most of the interviews be given out by? I know they can keep going until like late January and afterwards but roughly when will the majority be given out by?

I'd have thought by Christmas? But you never know :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl
I'd have thought by Christmas? But you never know :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I guess so.

It's just the worst, not knowing when you will be offered an interview, even if you will be offered an interview, being stuck on how to prepare for them
No interviews are still given out later Jan,Feb and Mar. They had not even finished reading appliations last year until feb.
Original post by BadLashes
No interviews are still given out later Jan,Feb and Mar. They had not even finished reading appliations last year until feb.

Seriously? I'd have thought maybe some would be given out later but not as late as March!

I always thought uni's aimed to give the bulk of interviews out before Christmas break?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seriously? I'd have thought maybe some would be given out later but not as late as March!

I always thought uni's aimed to give the bulk of interviews out before Christmas break?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look at last years thread. Interviews are being given out a long time after christmas for Bristol.
I got an email yesterday for an interview- I booked mine for 23rd Nov.
I sent my UCAS application on the 3rd October.

Predicitions: AAA (biology, chemistry and physics)
GCSE: 8A*,5A,1B
UKCAT: 600 ( very disappointed)
The usual personal statement- work experience at GP surgery and hospital, volunteered at youth club and care home.

How are you all preparing for the MMIs
Theres about 3 MMIs each day over 3 days for the november interviews. I think they are 9am, 11am and 1.30 pm, im not too sure.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sweden659
Theres about 3 MMIs each day over 3 days for the november interviews. I think they are 9am, 11am and 1.30 pm, im not too sure.

Whoah whoah whoah.

So the whole interview will take 3 days??????

Can you not just sit the interview in 1 day only!? :frown:
Whoah whoah whoah.

No you choose one of the times on one of the days. The interview lasts for about an hour.
Reply 351
Whoah whoah whoah.

Dude, I think he or she meant that those are different sessions for different groups of candidates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many other people have received "still considering your application"?
does anyone know if in the previous admissions cycle , anyone with this email ended up receiving the interview?
or does it mean its the end of the road.
Original post by JATTSOORMA
How many other people have received "still considering your application"?
does anyone know if in the previous admissions cycle , anyone with this email ended up receiving the interview?
or does it mean its the end of the road.

From what I saw in last year's thread there were people who got that email and had interviews as far as I'm aware :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by masterscientist2
Yeah, I got the same email this morning. I'm reapplying this year. Takibg a gap year.

i have received the same email yesterday.
i am worried as someone said that it means that we are in the Hold pile??
From what I saw in last year's thread there were people who got that email and had interviews as far as I'm aware :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i haven't gotten any e-mails other than the initial email with the VIP login etc... im an international so do you know if they give interviews later for internationals?
Original post by Eehaj
Yeah, apparently they do this frequently... I think it does mean that you won't receive any news from ucas, however interviews I believe are being sent directly from the uni, via Bristol VIP. Someone with an interview correct me if I am wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an email for my back up choice from Birmingham on thursday night. At 3 in the morning, I got the same email saying I had an update from UCAS but there was nothing on UCAS track. Do you reckon it was a technical glitch or i will have another interview?
Original post by polly.holden9
I got an email for my back up choice from Birmingham on thursday night. At 3 in the morning, I got the same email saying I had an update from UCAS but there was nothing on UCAS track. Do you reckon it was a technical glitch or i will have another interview?

It could be a glitch as UCAS had a problem with their automated emails. You might still get one, who knows! :smile: Although it's probably better to wait for the email from the university to be sure.
Original post by Sweden659
No you choose one of the times on one of the days. The interview lasts for about an hour.

Original post by rayrk
Dude, I think he or she meant that those are different sessions for different groups of candidates.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhhh, good!
Can I ask the people have interviews (congrats btw) did you do ukcatsen or just ukcat?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending