The Student Room Group

why could he be ghosting me all of a sudden??

Scroll to see replies

Cosmopolitan is cancer.

I've ghosted people before for being *****, but you have to do something really awful to get the treatment.
Original post by Mr Gumbil
Cosmopolitan is cancer.

I've ghosted people before for being *****, but you have to do something really awful to get the treatment.

I've never really used cosmopolitan. Duly noted.
So what constitutes as really awful to get the ghosting treatment?
A cheating ex, awful date who was rude and a 'friend' who ignored me when I was in a really rough patch (someone was dying).

I ghosted the ex because she hated being ignored and I was angry at her.
A cheating ex, awful date who was rude and a 'friend' who ignored me when I was in a really rough patch (someone was dying).

I ghosted the ex because she hated being ignored and I was angry at her.

I've not done anything wrong though. I just want to know and feel like I have the right to know aswell
Saddest thing is it makes me feel like he doesn't care about me at alll....which is not how he acted when we were together hanging out or whatever. We've have deep convos about each other's feelings and now this just doesn't add up
Original post by Anonymous
Saddest thing is it makes me feel like he doesn't care about me at alll....which is not how he acted when we were together hanging out or whatever. We've have deep convos about each other's feelings and now this just doesn't add up

People ghost for lots of reasons, but weak feelings is rarely ever one of them. All of the people above i've ghosted (except for the date) I had quite strong feelings towards.

He might like you, could just be testing your patience, could be seeing you reach out to him, could be ignoring you because he has problems, or could be ignoring you because he hates you and knows it'll annoy you.
People ghost for lots of reasons, but weak feelings is rarely ever one of them. All of the people above i've ghosted (except for the date) I had quite strong feelings towards.

He might like you, could just be testing your patience, could be seeing you reach out to him, could be ignoring you because he has problems, or could be ignoring you because he hates you and knows it'll annoy you.

what kind of problems would cause this behaviour? That's what's bugging me
Original post by Anonymous
what kind of problems would cause this behaviour? That's what's bugging me

bumpin'..
Look. I know it bugs you but maybe just let your friend know you are there if your friend ever wants to talk? (Though don't bug him as that will irritate him)
You can't know for sure why he is doing this unless he tells you.
Maybe also let him know that you are sorry if you ever did anything (and that you are unsure what you did?)
Maube look back to your convos (only once though to see if you might have missed something important. It could have been hinted at)

If you don't get response, there is really not much you can do. What I would advice is then to move on. It sucks what he's doing but you have no control over it. So let it go. Don't let it bother you to an extent that it affects you too. You have to look after yourself aswell and care for ones own emotional well being (as selfish as this sounds not many people will do this for you/others. You have to do this for yourself)
Surround yourself with positive people who allow you into their lives.

I really hope things work out for the better, come what may.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending